Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're not wrong... but I feel like you're spinning it in the worst possible tone. I would call their decisions "nimble" and "exciting".
Seriously, I appreciate that they operate this way.
I don't really think so. So far I've owned my AWD 3 for a month and now it's gone down in price $1,000 and because of when I picked it up I didn't get a die-cast car either when lots of other people did. Tesla's pricing shenanigans are what they are and everyone eventually gets screwed at some point, but I really wanted a little car. :(

I realize its OT, but this is AH so...

Does anyone know how "off menu" ordering is done?

I mean, its not like I want to know. I'm just, you know, asking for a friend...

I’m going to assume you go find a employee at a sales or delivery center and ask them to order for you.

I wouldn’t trust email or calling at this time.

I don't really think so. So far I've owned my AWD 3 for a month and now it's gone down in price $1,000 and because of when I picked it up I didn't get a die-cast car either when lots of other people did. Tesla's pricing shenanigans are what they are and everyone eventually gets screwed at some point, but I really wanted a little car. :(

I have an extra die cast Model 3. PM me an address and I'll send it there.

Have we seen any explanation for that yet?

Yes. Anton Wahlman explained it perfectly (NOT). Look at point #3.

My weak rebuttal was:

So why as a Model 3 owner, I can still buy FSD off menu?

Just because I order fries animal style off menu, I do expect to get my fries?

upload_2018-10-18_19-13-0.png

Can we just call this one "COMPLETELY RANDOM GENERAL TESLA THREAD"?

It would be accurate, everything would be on topic, and we would be still here anyway, because evidently nobody has better things to do (this is my favourite procastination device).

I prefer " STUFF THAT MIGHT BE OF INTEREST TO TSLA INVESTORS & SPECULATORS AND VARIOUS TANGENTIALS"

Let's consider the people that are busy enough to not easily have hours to spend catching up on this thread. For example, someone in their 40s that has a busy career, kids at home, a spouse, tries to have a social life, and tries to use this thread to keep up on things related to TSLA. That person may have 15 minutes to spare in the morning while eating breakfast to read this thread. Perhaps they might squeeze in 15 minutes in the evening after the kids go to bed.

That person shouldn't be gambling on TSLA, if he only has at most 30 minutes per day to consider TSLA.

That person should have a 10-20 year horizon as a TSLA investor. In which case perusing 15-30 minutes is just fine.

Or that person can follow a few posters he thinks offer the most valuable post.

Or that person should subscribe to a daily newsletter summarizing the days TSLA news.

Ignore the Model S footage. Some new incite to Munro's 30% margin. So apparently that 30% margin is only achievable according to him if it a Tesla was built from a conventional manufacturing plant with higher efficiency and lower/fewer paid workers. He talks about the complexity of the Model 3's body, but perhaps much is attributed to the model 3 being the safest car in the world.

I AM IN HUGE TROUBLE.

First issue was wife didn't buy my BS when the white seat Model 3 that goes 0-60 in 3.5 was only $35K.

2nd issue is I bought her a MR Model 3 and didn't tell her yet. Was wanting to add an S down the line so we could have S3X.

Couldn't resist the math of the MR versus waiting for the SR.

So now its just 33X. 33X is what I'm going to be if she doesn't take the news well.

Damn you Elon.

My only hail mary is I'm telling my wife I care for her, thus thus the MR 3. If I didn't care I'd get a her a Volvo instead. :D

(1) Pick-up just before X-Mas
(2) Place large ribbon on hood
(3) Champagne and ice bucket in frunk

Next problem?;)

Last edited:
Yes. Anton Wahlman explained it perfectly (NOT). Look at point #3.

My weak rebuttal was:

So why as a Model 3 owner, I can still buy FSD off menu?

Just because I order fries animal style off menu, I do expect to get my fries?

View attachment 345078

Anton "Tesla Killer" Wahlman. The guy who wrote the following piece in 2014:
Audi '15 a8 is a 868-mile-range tesla-killer, and diesel is the secret
(Ignore the headline, since he can't be assumed to have written it).
The guy is just another auto "analyst" who doesn't know *sugar*.

Status
Not open for further replies.