Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My twitter prediction on the lemur was black/white interior because Elon had claimed that was the best looking thing in the past and the image was black/white fur (I don't even know if that was lemur or a lori). I'm right, yeah?

I predicted elsewhere the possibility for a midrange battery as a solution to the 35k$ problem. I didn't get it exactly right on, but directionally pretty good.

Pats self on back..

Haven't decided if this is good news or not. Demand is nonlinear with price outside of early adopters so I think it depends on just how high they guide their production this quarter. If it's 55k again then this is bad, if it's much higher than it's good. Seems to me that Electrek had confirmed steady 5k pace so that's 65k+. The United States was never going to support 5k\week at 50k$+ (a piece of analysis you won't get if you have to strictly abide by a no-negativity-policy).

What’s the point of flying in all that Grohman machinery in by air if it just stabilizes you at 5000 per week?

Demand doesn’t really “hit” for end of year in the US until Model 3s show up at various friends, relatives and in-laws for Thanksgiving.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Looks like that's just a stock option issue, not actually buying?
He's exercising stock options, yes. He will not be able to sell any of the stock he gains from this transaction until April 2019, when he will be permitted to sell 1/10 of the ~100,000 shares he's getting here, and then he will be allowed to sell 1/60th of the shares more each month thereafter.

Screen Shot 2018-10-18 at 7.18.54 PM.png

Amazingly, it's actually available!

Your mission, TMC, should you choose to accept it:
1. Order the Model 3 MR tonight.
2. Order this plate off the state of California personalized license plate site.
3. Wait for delivery of car and plates.
4. Upon delivery of car, put plates on said car.
5. Take pics.
6. Post them on TMC.

What’s the point of flying in all that Grohman machinery in by air if it just stabilizes you at 5000 per week?

Demand doesn’t really “hit” for end of year in the US until Model 3s show up at various friends, relatives and in-laws for Thanksgiving.

Wasn't the Grohman equipment like 3+ months ago? Who knows what kind of things that bottleneck production: front motors, battery modules, paint shop, labor, Panasonic. Heck he even mentioned body line Q2 CC.

And yes word of mouth is important.

He's exercising stock options, yes. He will not be able to sell any of the stock he gains from this transaction until April 2019, when he will be permitted to sell 1/10 of the ~100,000 shares he's getting here, and then he will be allowed to sell 1/60th of the shares more each month thereafter.

I never sorted this stuff out. My interpretation here is that his options have been assigned a strike price based on today's market price, but he is being time gated on when he can execute those (they function like call options). So no open-market purchase for example and no cash traded hands.

View attachment 345061

Amazingly, it's actually available!

Your mission, TMC, should you choose to accept it:
1. Order the Model 3 MR tonight.
2. Order this plate off the state of California personalized license plate site.
3. Wait for delivery of car and plates.
4. Upon delivery of car, put plates on said car.
5. Take pics.
6. Post them on TMC.

My nephews buddies plate was LOL 35K.

I wish I had been that clever ;)

Last edited:
Then what is this forum? I'm fairly new here so I don't want assume and would like to hear from the veterans
Actually, all threads have a subject. Typically, one is encouraged to stay on topic. Many a moderator have tried to keep this one on topic, including the head honcho, to no avail. Even to the detriment of one who lost their mod powers.

So, now it’s kind of a free for all.

More cars (& $$) with less batteries

Yeah I believe that is the key here. This is perhaps a stop gap measure for a few months until the low range pack can be produced profitably, and to probably upsell some small range reservation holders.

Helps prevent cells from being a limiting factor for total num cars sold whilst not giving up too much revenue doing low range model.

Status
Not open for further replies.