Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize its OT, but this is AH so...

Does anyone know how "off menu" ordering is done?

I mean, its not like I want to know. I'm just, you know, asking for a friend...

I believe that requires;

a) knowing the chef
b) having the chef owe you for the stock tip you gave him last week that made him enough money to pay off his gambling debts
c) slipping a Benjamin to the waiter to go and get the chef out of the kitchen so you can order off menu

I have an extra die cast Model 3. PM me an address and I'll send it there.

Do you have an extra pony? Used to be on page 23 of the catalogue once upon a time. Now it’s a toaster but I got 12 of those for wedding presents...anyone need a toaster? I got two slicers, 4 slicers, I even have a bagel toaster. They’re old but brand new in the box.

That person shouldn't be gambling on TSLA, if he only has at most 30 minutes per day to consider TSLA.

That person should have a 10-20 year horizon as a TSLA investor. In which case perusing 15-30 minutes is just fine.

Or that person can follow a few posters he thinks offer the most valuable post.

Or that person should subscribe to a daily newsletter summarizing the days TSLA news.

Reasonable. But I liked my idea way better.

I get the feeling this Anton guy doesn't like Tesla
He got more press several years ago because of it.
He also said the Pacifica Hybrid would be a hit and would take sales from the Sienna. If anything, all that's happening is that the Sienna owners are buying Highlanders instead.
Something that has often been ignored: AWD sells. Especially in the premium segment. People were talking about Tesla struggling with demand for the LR, but completely ignored the fact that they weren't selling the AWD yet. It's a lot easier to sell cars if you have AWD available, even if a sedan.

So, LR _RWD_ demand consumed, MR introduction upsells 20% more cars to SR buyers because it's a better deal than an SR with no credit, and maybe upsell a few LR RWD buyers to LR AWD.

I don't really think so. So far I've owned my AWD 3 for a month and now it's gone down in price $1,000 and because of when I picked it up I didn't get a die-cast car either when lots of other people did. Tesla's pricing shenanigans are what they are and everyone eventually gets screwed at some point, but I really wanted a little car. :(
I know, I'm sick about paying $1,000 more for my LR than I had to too. The good news is, if you're interested I just happen to have a die-cast Model 3 available for only $999. But hurry, supplies are very limited (as in I only have one).

Attachments

• 200w-1.gif
    200w-1.gif
    486.1 KB · Views: 45
I'm still trying to figure out how to swing any purchase. Since I can't get a tax break for buying an EV every dollar counts and the lemur splits the difference nicely. The greater range of the LR would be much better for me (900 mile trips), but the MR still gets better range than the SR.

Still not sure how I could afford it. Lots of debating going on. In the end, will probably not get a Tesla this year after all. Somehow I don't think I'll get much trade in for 20 year old economy cars...

So a used 3LR then if you want to save $$ and don't want/can't use the tax break?

I hear those 3's last 1,000,000 miles, just get a later build for all the production upgrades.

Status
Not open for further replies.