Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CNBC front and center this morning with every analyst's reasoning TSLA is a 'sell'. Embarrassing stuff.

Apparently this wildly expensive first quarter of truly profitable production is the best we're ever going to see. As they continue to ramp, things will get less lean.

Reading these I wonder to myself if there is one adult human being on the planet who buys this nonsense logic.

Here's what every major analyst had to say about Tesla's earnings: 'This quarter was different'

Did you read the same article I did? The first analyst they mentioned is a 'buy' (Morgan Stanley of course)... the 2nd was sell, from Goldman's, who you know are advising clients to sell, so their proprietary traders can buy ...)

Aside from that, they're only reporting what the analysts are saying. There are more combined Buy/Holds than Sells, which supports a long-thesis and certainly not a short-one.

People need to stop soiling the bed everytime someone makes a comment that isn't "TSLA is the best stock ever, sell your kidneys to buy..."

I'm wondering: why would heavy volume small term profit taking selling happen during market hours that didn't happen at higher profits in the extended hours? Is it purely a function of liquidity and probable profit pushing most trades into the higher liquid hours? Or is this more of a short selling swing trade?

There's a lot of writing on the short seller's side right now, giving them a lot of fake FUD to pretend to pretend to believe; if you read any of it, none of it holds up to logic; it's purely insane, so I think the short seller writers know they are lying. Question is, is that all it takes as a signal to those "in the know" that they will depress stock price for another short swing trade, regardless of reason, and this is the stock to do it in? I think that's the most likely non-profit-taking explaination. Moreso, they could be swing trading up and down,which means on the morning open they would be profit taking the up side and short selling the price for a down swing, which is double the down pressure.

This means that fundamental average stock price could raise after filtering out the swing traders, because the fundamentals are more obviously good; even though a lot of TSLA longs already knew the fundamentals were good since we see Model 3's everywhere, I recently drove to Sacramento area and found an entire region where there are almost no Tesla's, so there could be all sorts of surprised people who are just learning about Tesla actually selling product who believed 3rd hand short rumors that Tesla has been faking it. I don't know how representative Sacramento is, but there is a lot of non-Silicon-Valley areas out there that don't know about Model 3 the way we do.

As long as sane people see the stock price and value it appropriately, then those who are short will get out of their positions, and it can raise.

Last edited:
Almost 3 million shares in first 4 minutes...
And green, oh so green
Gap up is nice :)

1.85M shares in first 4 min, with 769K shares in the first min. :rolleyes:
Here's the first 10 min of trading:

TSLA.2018-10-26.First10min.png

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba
Market is skiddish. The market would welcome announcement of the new Chairperson.

Indra Nooyi is available and has broad international experience and would be a great catch. Then there is Richard Branson who would seems to be more available these days. Either would be great choices and could easily bring on other board members of high quality.

Market is skiddish. The market would welcome announcement of the new Chairperson.

Indra Nooyi is available and has broad international experience and would be a great catch. Then there is Richard Branson who would seems to be more available these days. Either would be great choices and could easily bring on other board members of high quality.

Ugh, no thanks. Esp. re: Branson (I have a quote on another forum, "If there were an antonym to 'Elon Musk', it would be 'Richard Branson'"). I want an ambition-free attention-averse non-controversial academic with only nominal independence.

Or maybe a ficus.

Profit taking, probably shorting.

I don't understand why people are so focused on the shorting. What about the longs ?

Why isn't there a few billionaires/institutions pouring hundreds of millions/billions of dollars of their capital into Tesla right now ?

That's a point not enough of people here are focusing on I think.

If it's Richard Branson, Tesla may be screwed b/c of his sour relationship with Saudis.

I don't understand why people are so focused on the shorting. What about the longs ?

Why isn't there a few billionaires/institutions pouring hundred of millions/billions of dollars of their capital into Tesla right now ?

That's a point not enough of people here are focusing on I think.

There are longs buying stock, just like there are shorts covering.
There's just more longs profit taking and more shorts taking new positions ( at least as a net sum)

• Helpful
Reactions: humbaba and neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.