Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This should have been how the Feds jump starts the adoption of EV's. Could you imagine how sales would have taken off if allowed the 20mph over posted speed limit? We wouldn't give a flying fig what the range was, how to charge on a trip, what do I pay per kWh? And you wouldn't have to listen to the whining of the heavily subsidized, FF burning, coal rolling, where's my tax credit crowd. Would cost the taxpayer absolutely nothing. Brilliant I say.

Call me an old fart, but +20mph seems excessive. +10km/h or mph would be sufficient stimulus without turning the freeways into a racetrack. Basically travel the same speed most people drive at now, but without the stress of landing a ticket.

• Funny
Reactions: hobbes and gene
But he is now discredited as the guy who is destroying democracies everywhere.

Well that speaks about the power of his own creation, and ofc there would be misuses. Literally this is the same like saying Elon Musk is destroying people's life because some people misuse Autopilot and do dangerous things to the point where they kill themselves sometimes.

Facebook is just a medium. I think now they're correcting it, but it's hard.

Well that speaks about the power of his own creation, and ofc there would be misuses. Literally this is the same like saying Elon Musk is destroying people's life because some people misuse Autopilot and do dangerous things to the point where they kill themselves sometimes.

Facebook is just a medium. I think now they're correcting it, but it's hard.
Misses ? Nope, more like blunders.

If you don't know what you have created - and have no idea how it can be misused, then you lack vision and real world experience.

I think there is a difference between a person misusing auto pilot and crashing vs an entire country being thrown into chaos.

If the chairman is something I get to vote on, I will be voting no whoever it is. Not because I don’t want a chairman but because I am hoping others will also and it will send a message to the SEC. If the chairman position does require a stock holder vote, I am sure it will pass with institutional share ownership alone.
Same with the two added board members.

In the US, the Articles of Incorporation & By-Laws usually determine how the Chairman is selected. Tesla also has a heavily redacted Shareholder Rights Agreement to protect the rights of large pre-IPO investors that may be relevant. When the Chairman and CEO roles are split, the CEO (particularly ones with the largest minority position in common shares like Elon) usually has a significant pragmatic say in who is selected as Chairman.

For many, if not most, US corporations, the Board itself rather than a shareholder vote selects the Chairman. The shareholders do get to vote on whether to retain the "Directorship" of the Chairman for another term when his Director term expires. Again, a shareholder vote is usually not required when additional Director positions are added to the Board. (viz. Rice and Murdoch).

Last edited:
Excuse me, I interrupt this excellent conversation to share my exuberance of V9 "Pilot to Navigation" just experienced. OMFG!

$TSLA is going to shoot straight up this Thanksgiving! This isn't like past upgrades. This car is in control, better maps/details and regen braking. The experience was flawless entrance to exit, much smoother transitions and steering, but not for the faint hearted (not at first) it's almost overwhelming. E-Ticket... GO AGAIN!

Today was perfect! Thank you Tesla (and that one guy that still works there).

Continue...

Call me an old fart, but +20mph seems excessive. +10km/h or mph would be sufficient stimulus without turning the freeways into a racetrack. Basically travel the same speed most people drive at now, but without the stress of landing a ticket.
The "safe" solution would instead of raising speeds for EVs, reduce them for ICEs. Of course, too big of a speed difference is another kind of safety issues, but better it is 55 and 75 than 75 and 95!

Reactions: lklundin and hobbes
Does anyone buy vans anymore? I don't see any.
So, I have to think that this is a full-size van, and full-size vans are quite common for last-mile delivery worldwide with reliable demand, and could complement the Semi nicely, as well as being used for transporting people (think airport shuttles, vanpooling, and the like).

Minivans intended for passenger use are a declining market in the US, true, but that's not what Tesla is making if it's based on the Pickup.

Reactions: neroden
The "safe" solution would instead of raising speeds for EVs, reduce them for ICEs. Of course, too big of a speed difference is another kind of safety issues, but better it is 55 and 75 than 75 and 95!

And the states with major dealer influence and with most public opinion could require those dangerous Bevs not sold by dealers to drive down the road behind a man waving an oil lamp. Democracy in action

Not really. Wall St just wants someone who will deliver the goods predictably. They don't care about climate change. Tim Cook had a good answer to AGW deniers.

Tim Cook tells climate change sceptics to ditch Apple shares

Bravo Tim Cook. Ironically he boosted the Apple stock value, by making it clear they are a planet first company. It's taken a long time for the lesson of Tesla to sink in. (That customers will support you if you are not killing the planet that supports us).

Justin Danhof, what a dick.

Status
Not open for further replies.