Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$10.85bn divided by 32.16mn shares gives an average shorted sp of 337. Is that right? That's a lot higher than I thought. To really set of a squeeze the sp needs to rise a lot.
that fits with the observation of modest buying pressure. Entirely consistent with quiet, low level short covering. The big short boys are trying hard to avoid a squeeze now that they've come to their senses.

• Informative
Reactions: AndyH and SpaceCash
Do any of you know when is the MMA scheduled for today ?

oops. Someone forgot to schedule the MMA today. Have the shorts given up ? I expect an MMA when the market goes down.

There has to be some options they are interested in for tomorrow expiry.

Looks like once the SP breached 342, that how now become the support level.

Last edited:
\ATH would trigger short squeeze.... right now, it could go either way.
Whatever price point would trigger a squeeze, this recent covering has been substantial with minimal rise in price is clearly intended to avoid becoming the trigger. Whether they succeed or not, I don't know. But I suspect that some of them picked up shares at $255 to sell at profit and those may be behind the large sales around $340 (I forget who posted showing 1900 shares being sold for capping action).

Still hoping for a squeeze, but I think the big shorts are hoping to avoid it. The small fry suckers are in the most danger I think.

GM’s Mary Barra live (video) at NYT Dealbook confernce

The New York Times @nytimes

He put her on the spot,, tuned in just in time..

Yes, he did. On the other hand, he made a very patronizing comment when he said "I hope you will be competing with Tesla in 10 years".
Honestly, I wouldn't give GM a very high chance of surviving the next 10 years... ;)
Although, it will strongly depend on how generous the US government will be in handing out another big bailout package.

yes, yes, I know we were supposed to interpret that question as an implication of TSLAQ not GMQ, but you gotta admit it was a double edged sword kinda question.

IMO, it will take a little bit more than ATH. 10-15% over ATH would probably triggers it.
I'd have expected a short squeeze if after the earnings, SP had claimed to ATH in a couple of days.

I don't think there will be a short squeeze - they have had plenty of time to cover. ATH is probably still a couple of weeks away.

Yes, he did. On the other hand, he made a very patronizing comment when he said "I hope you will be competing with Tesla in 10 years".
Honestly, I wouldn't give GM a very high chance of surviving the next 10 years... ;)
Although, it will strongly depend on how generous the US government will be in handing out another big bailout package.

yes, yes, I know we were supposed to interpret that question as an implication of TSLAQ not GMQ, but you gotta admit it was a double edged sword kinda question.
She wasn't too confident when she replied to the question"Do you think you'll be competing with Tesla in 10 years?" "Highly Possible" was her response. Really is that it? No belief in her engineers or just facing reality..
Did you expect him to say you'll be shut down in 10 years...

The more we're getting closer to $360, the more nervous I get:
I'm expecting a megaload of FUD concerning Tesla/Musk/... Some lawsuit/tweet/.... will attract major attention in the press and the stock will plummet again and will test a new bottom.
Holding TSLA for the past years, have taught/tortured me into having negative thoughts everytime the stock goes up and everyone is very bullish! Like I'm brainwashed in not enjoying beautiful signs that we'll reach a SP above $400.

Make the interiors water-proof and steam-clean between passengers, like the sanisettes toilets in France :)

Maybe even aluminum seats like they have in Jails. Just roll it into an automated carwash with all the door open. Hose all the spunk and needles out. Problem solved. Probably even get the odd homeless guy living in it.

She wasn't too confident when she replied to the question"Do you think you'll be competing with Tesla in 10 years?" "Highly Possible" was her response. Really is that it? No belief in her engineers or just facing reality..
Did you expect him to say you'll be shut down in 10 years...

Well, I do not even understand what "Highly Possible" means. English is not my first language, but from my math education background, I learned that probability of an event can be high or low, while possibility is more of a binary thing: something is either possible or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.