Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
$10.85bn divided by 32.16mn shares gives an average shorted sp of 337. Is that right? That's a lot higher than I thought. To really set of a squeeze the sp needs to rise a lot.

For this number Ihor appears to use the market price at the time he creates the report -- not average market price when shorts opened their positions.

So a net 3.3 million shares covered, and the stock price moved $80. I like the extrapolation: For every 1 million shares covered = $24 rise in stock price. So where's @TrendTrader007, I'm calling a $720 stock price by this time next year.

Once in a while this XKCD cartoon is mandatory :)

extrapolating.png

So many dumb retail duped into shorting this. Lols. Watch them capitulate ;)
Let's extend some grace to shorts being duped... there are financial lives at-risk here.... and it's not their fault the SEC is not investigating the ones cascading all the FUD and BS....

Edit: apparently, my sarcasm is not obvious enough.... as 6 ppl thus far disagree w/ my sentiment.

Last edited:
at $344, TSLA up almost 2%, outpacing the up market so far

Stock Market Overview

Index Value Change Net / %
NASDAQ
85.11 ▲ 1.16%
NASDAQ-100 (NDX) 7031.63
64.53 ▲ 0.93%
Pre-Market (NDX) 6989.06
21.96 ▲ 0.32%
After Hours (NDX) 6963.17
-3.93 ▼ 0.06%
DJIA 25358.76
243 ▲ 0.97%
S&P 500 2733.45
21.71 ▲ 0.80%
Russell 2000 1533.24
21.82 ▲ 1.44%

Teslike tracker shows low oct deliveries to accommodate transit time (huge majority headed east coast).

We’ll see soon enough...I’d guess 10-13k

Yesterday, insideEVs published a teaser suggesting that Tesla might report October 2018 US deliveries "a wee bit shy" of doubling ALL EVs sold in the U.S. in October 2017. In October 2017, insideEVs reported US sales of 14,315 EVs (BEV and PHEV), so this could be a number approaching 28K US deliveries.

If that teaser is even close to accurate, it would mean a gargantuan start to the quarter for Tesla -- something on the order of 10,000 deliveries ahead of the first month of Q3, when insideEVs estimated deliveries of 16,775 3/S/X.

We should see their final October numbers soon ....

"In October 2017, an estimated 14,315 plug-ins were sold in the U.S. This September we saw well over a 100-percent gain from last year’s numbers. Can October pull that off as well? Will we see deliveries north of 28,000 this October? But, of course! We believe the number will be even higher. Realistically, there’s a small chance Tesla could double last October’s U.S. EV delivery number on its own. Wouldn’t that be a fantastic record to report? We’d love to say that we’re sure this will be the case, but our early estimates put Tesla’s U.S. deliveries a wee bit shy of pulling that off. Nonetheless, the Silicon Valley automaker stands to prove epic progress once again." October 2018 EV Sales: What To Expect?

Last edited:
The general level of ignorance and lack of attention among almost everyone who writes almost everything is much higher than you might imagine. I've found it disappointing and angering. People don't do their homework.

I've been trying to work with my therapist on not getting as mad about this stuff. I just repeat, they're just there to collect a paycheck, they need to eat, they don't have any work ethic, they don't have any sense of responsibility, they're just doing the minimum to get their paycheck and eat, that's OK. (That said, we should have a government-guaranteed Minimum Income so that these time-servers don't have to work to eat; and then we can ethically engage in an effort to prevent them from ever working again. So that they can stop making a mess by "working".)
Neroden - have you considered that your therapist could be Mr Fact Checker himself... He learnt everything he knows from you and you were paying him for it! We don't do therapists here in the UK - much better to live as a zombie apparently...

I think Tesla should never have called it "full self driving". In fact, they should retract the name and refund people's money.

"Full" very clearly means level 5.

If it were called "Self-driving on limited-access highways", that would be a level 4 claim.

Level 4 (geofenced) is extremely hard because there are already a lot of corner cases (like the tree down in the middle of the Interstate during an ice storm; that required quick maneuvering), but it's more plausible than level 5 in the near term.

People are eagerly hoping to sleep while they drive, hire autonomous taxis to take them home while they're drunk, etc. You read people hoping for this even on here. And *this is fantasy*. It's not going to happen for decades. You want someone to take you home while you're drunk, get a horse.
Neroden - you have been right about self driving for many a year. In our heart of hearts we grudgingly know that you are most likely right - just let us have our dream. We grew up with the Jetsons for christ sake - the future has been terribly disappointing so far...

At least we can all agree, we will all be rich and live in a better world, with or without autonomous!

Status
Not open for further replies.