Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So is tsla considering carbon fiber for the next generation? What is hurdles to overcome at this stage?
Sorry to have mislead, only meant to suggest he'd make a fine director.
Just imagine the collaboration. Tesla and Rocky Mountain Institute visions of the future working together.

Amory Bloch Lovins is an American physicist, environmental scientist, writer, and Chairman/Chief Scientist of the Rocky Mountain Institute. He has worked in the field of energy policy and related areas for four decades. He was named by Time magazine one of the World's 100 most influential people in 2009. Amory Lovins - Wikipedia

Since both Elon and Amory are physicist, I suspect he would not be considered "independent" of Elon.
That seems Wall St. thinking, right? Can't have two physicists plotting the future products of Tesla.

Seems polar opposites of auto transport [e-mobility?] spectrum are uniti.earth and tesla.com/roadster
Are wild cards are Dyson and China?
Will any of the Legacy (Wall St. controlled?) companies step up?
We don't see it yet, can't even build battery factories for themselves. Investments vs profit sharing.

Last edited:
So just to give some sort of visual context to the Tesla Pickup Truck teaser from Elon, here's how Blade Runner style cars look like:

Blade-Runner-2.jpg

Blade-Runner-1.jpg

Blade-Runner-3.jpg

Not bad!

If they also took some of the Hummer visual heritage as well then that would be a nice play on the fact that Hummers were once manufactured in Fremont:

2019-Hummer-H1.png

2019-Hummer-H2.jpg

Of course as a proper pickup truck and without the cooling grille. :D
Although the scale seemed pretty absurd at the time maybe this is closer to reality than we think.

Tesla-pickup-truck-Semi-Roadster-launch-event-881968.jpg

Listening to the beginning of the podcast now - always loved Elon's playfulness.
Elon is great in the interview. Redcode interviewer actually hurt themselves with her interruptive approach and a condescending undertone. I personally wouldn’t listen to their podcast outside of this one. Just her promotion “Tesla fanboy” tweet alone is a turn off.

I also think the target audience for Tesla products is not going to either. As a matter of fact, I don’t think Tesla is going to get much traffic from Elon’s time spent here.

It amazes me how out of touch most of these media personalities are with actual people in the “real world.” The audience just is not interested in the Wall Street soap opera of a highly concentrated few. No matter how big these few think Elon taking a puff of weed, the rest of the Tesla buying market don’t care. As a matter of fact, it is ironic they make a deal about it when it is legal as beer in California where he lives. It is even more so ironic that Elon said in the Rogan interview he doesn’t actually smoke weed because he prefers to be productive, which is basically a massive DARE ad. But the Redcode interviewer has to take a jab at Elon “not even being high” when he makes “dad” jokes.

Elon is so right irony is real life, and the Tesla buying market gets that, which the bubble corp. media world doesn’t (including Redcode).

That’s why I feel Elon is far more effective with sticking to finding the internet shows that Tesla market actually watches/listens to, which actually get multiples of magnitude more attention then Redcode.

I also think it is high time Elon give a very high level technical YouTube interview *without disruption* about Tesla technology/logistics and about applied physics and material science in general (special Tesla engineer guests too!). It would be a massively successful video which would be studied for many years to come. A fantastic recruiting tool as well.

Last edited:
I sell leaps and similar, at least couple of months left on options, and with large time-values, no one is gonna gift me $10-$30 of time-value by assigning me

That's an aggressive and optimistic strategy that may be successful, or it could be the proverbial "picking up pennies before a steam-roller."

What happens if the counter-party to the puts you sold is a long holder who buys them as insurance; and, deus ex machina, the share price collapses to under three figures? Improbable? Perhaps, but that put buyer may just decide getting out is better even if it wastes a little theta-- on the theory that it is better to go to the sidelines until the dust settles and reassess with funds in his account rather than just a right to collect?

Also, in the event of any serious decline in the value of shares (of TSLA or any other entity) supporting your margin option transactions, your broker may make some decisions for you.

Place your bets (and consider using spreads) since only the naive believe in risk-free option strategies and/or hoping for Universal Income and Medicare-for-All (aka MedicAid, {or maybe just the Indian Health Service})

I'm going to tip my hat to you and say you have offered a reasonable explanation for the after-hours dip.

Whoa! The End Times are nigh as the planets spin out of their obits. First, chronic haters like Left and Santos bail on their short theories; and, now, the venerable fox admits share price movements could be attributed to factors othe than "the shorts."

Elon is great in the interview. Redcode interviewer actually hurt themselves with her interruptive approach and a condescending undertone. I personally wouldn’t listen to their podcast outside of this one. Just her promotion “Tesla fanboy” tweet alone is a turn off.

I also think the target audience for Tesla products is not going to either. As a matter of fact, I don’t think Tesla is going to get much traffic from Elon’s time spent here.

It amazes me how out of touch most of these media personalities are with actual people in the “real world.” The audience just is not interested in the Wall Street soap opera of a highly concentrated few.

I'll have to disagree with this. While the interview was firm, Kara Swisher simply asks tough questions and doesn't let the subjects get away with s..t. She's probably known Elon for over a decade at this point (probably even back to Paypal days) and interviewed him several times over the past decade. She's VERY well connected here in the valley and other silicon coasts, knows simply everyone and gets scoops directly from them and everyone else for that matter.

And recode is a significant operation in the space, so no worries that the participants in their conferences and podcasts are going anywhere.

I think we all are underestimating how big this will go.

I think the upside on the non-car side of Tesla is far larger than many are thinking. Home solar, energy storage (for cities, businesses, people), a variety of tools and gadgets etc. Why wouldn't I be able to buy a Tesla lawnmower or home robot in 5 years? Self driving tech is applicable for hundreds of applications, batteries are in almost everything we own now.

I'll have to disagree with this. While the interview was firm, Kara Swisher simply asks tough questions and doesn't let the subjects get away with s..t. She's probably known Elon for over a decade at this point (probably even back to Paypal days) and interviewed him several times over the past decade. She's VERY well connected here in the valley and other silicon coasts, knows simply everyone and gets scoops directly from them and everyone else for that matter.

And recode is a significant operation in the space, so no worries that the participants in their conferences and podcasts are going anywhere.
well, i'm sure that I'm not in the target market for the podcast. I did start to read the transcript, but her agenda-driven assault was so noxious I stopped. She had multiple axes to grind and wasn't going to listen to what he said. It took like three tries of Elon to get through to her at one point before she backed off on a point she was failing to make.

Waste of time.

I felt it was hurried, Elon didn't get a chance to talk like he did on Joe Rogan's. Also it felt scripted in a sense that she read off what she wanted to ask, and pushed subject matter that she wanted to push. But there was never a feeling it was a conversation. Complete different feeling comparing this to Joe Rogan's interview.

Anyways I listened for Elon, thought he did well.

Make a wild guess about whom Elon talked about when he said "terrible people"?

Tesla reveals SEC subpoenas as Musk calls reports of deepening FBI probe ‘absurd’

Federal securities regulators have issued subpoenas regarding Tesla’s public assurances over the production of its newest car, the company said Friday, the latest signal of an increasingly aggressive investigation into Elon Musk’s electric automaker. (...)

In an interview with the tech outlet Recode released Friday morning, Musk called the report “utterly false,” “absurd” and written by journalists who are “terrible people.” (...)

Drew Harwell is a national technology reporter for The Washington Post specializing in artificial intelligence. He previously covered national business and the Trump companies.

Matt Zapotosky contributed to this report.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/tech...-absurd/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.846920e6409b

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    54.6 KB · Views: 39
Status
Not open for further replies.