Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the drop to 337 today? Usual early-morning drop?
How often do I have to say "There's usually no real reason, it's usually just noise"? (Though we certainly are seeing the usual Mandatory Morning Dip, as well.)

Tesla has high volatility (though it's not market-correlated, so "beta" is the wrong measurement).

That said, I sold some more puts, this time with an outside chance of execution.

Elon has mentioned build housing on site for employees (some version of mobile home). On Recode, he mentioned housing is cheap to build if you do it a factory.
So I wouldn't rule out vertical integration outside of the factory resulting in reduced costs. Rents at lower than market (adjusted salary) fueling Tesla's bottom line. Utilities included.
I asked a local, DISQUS User 'carsonight', about the possibility of creating a 'Teslatown'. This idea was first raised by Elon with NV Gov Brian Sandoval during a conference about a month ago. Carsonight says there isn't enough water in the Reno area to support a town of 10,000 people. Further, all water rights in the area are long since over-allocated and its a major limiting factor for residential growth. Gov Sandoval did not comment on the idea.

Last edited:
aapl sh!tting bed (although that’s prob just a manipulation move to make it cheaper before holiday run up - does anyone really think they’re not going to sell a gazillion phones ?? wtf )
nikkei said two supp cut 25% prod lines for XR - convenient since no way to prove, bc apple will no longer report indv unit sales #s

Frankly, this sort of thing happens often prior to when a company is going to execute significant share buybacks (everyone wants a deal even the parent company!).. lower the share price, the more stock they buy back, the higher it can extend after the buying stops. This too shall pass but it must be taken into context when it's the biggest company in the world and over 5% of mkt index representation.

I asked a local, DISQUS User 'carsonight', about the possibility of creating a 'Teslatown'. This idea was first raised by Elon with NV Gov J. Sandoval during a conference about a month ago. Carsonight says there isn't enough water in the Reno area to support a town of 10,000 people. Further, all water rights in the area are long since over-allocated and its a major limiting factor for residential growth. Gov Sandoval did not comment on the idea.
Yeeeowch. Yeah, I think they'd better stop expanding Gigafactory 1's workforce. This was not well thought out.

IMO, additional production should be at Gigafactory 2 in Buffalo, NY, where there's plenty of space, plenty of water, and plenty of housing.

Yeeeowch. Yeah, I think they'd better stop expanding Gigafactory 1's workforce. This was not well thought out.

IMO, additional production should be at Gigafactory 2 in Buffalo, NY, where there's plenty of space, plenty of water, and plenty of housing.
couldn't they just build a hyperloop to anywhere east of the Sierras or in norther AZ or Utah and transit ppl in daily in less time than they could drive from a local residence. ;-)

I see your point, but that hugely increases the cost of transportation of goods. Better to spend that money on improving GF1's surroundings IMO.

Reactions: UncaNed
Status
Not open for further replies.