Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like there is another drop/support test tomorrow with how macros are playing out so be very careful on options so we wont catch a falling knife....but.. but.. SP is so tempting... Hopefully I'm very wrong about tomorrow.
I don’t disagree however a long enough time horizon before expiration should mitigate immediate risk.

Reactions: SpaceCash
How many chickens are you up to?

There are foxes, sure, but none so scary as living till 90 with funds that only last till 72. TSLA is the cheapest pension going. What's incredible is that it grows exponentially. Historically 94% CAGR. I don't expect that to hold long term, but anything remotely close will do fine.

ARK Investments dumped 23k shares today. Not feeling great about that monster red candle today.
That’s disappointing. I thought ARK was ultra bullish about Tesla.

ARK's internal rules require that none of the holdings in a particular ETF exceeds a value meaningfully above a certain percentage of that ETF for too long a period of time. That percentage is generally about 10%. TSLA is the #1 holding in two ARK ETFs, and #2 in another. In October they were buying TSLA. This month they have been selling TSLA to get it back under the threshold in each ETF.

ARK Innovation ETFs

ARK will conduct a webinar tomorrow: GoToWebinar Launcher

Last edited:
Well, 2018 isn't over yet, but they better pick up the pace for the remaining month and a half to achieve that goal ;)
Will the SEC investigate this? Had I loaded up on VW shares expecting them to deliver on this, I’d feel like they misled me. Of course this is VW we’re talking about, so I guess false claims and misleading statements are to be expected.

I have never sold any TSLA shares until last week at $355. Sold half my trading shares. My reason for selling had almost nothing to do with Tesla fundamentals (on which I remain very bullish) and everything to do with the overall macro economy (and personal liquidity issues). I am starting to feel like recession is coming, likely in 2019, but almost certainly no later than 2020.

Anyone else feel like a recession is on the near-term horizon or is it just me?

I have never sold any TSLA shares until last week at $355. Sold half my trading shares. My reason for selling had almost nothing to do with Tesla fundamentals (on which I remain very bullish) and everything to do with the overall macro economy (and personal liquidity issues). I am starting to feel like recession is coming, likely in 2019, but almost certainly no later than 2020.

Ummmm - yeah. Big time.

Reactions: theschnell

Looming... agree. Seems all the great earnings have been punished in the past month implying there's only one direction possible.

Although I sold a bit last week around $350, I then placed an order immediately at $341 (which filled today), I don't want' to miss the all time pop. The day I pull out 50% is the very day it pops, guaranteed. I've ridden this down so many times now, what's one more time, right?

ARK's internal rules require that none of the holdings in a particular ETF exceeds a value meaningfully above a certain percentage of that ETF for too long a period of time. That percentage is generally about 10%. TSLA is the #1 holding in two ARK ETFs, and #2 in another. In October they were buying TSLA. This month they have been selling TSLA to get it back under the threshold in each ETF.

ARK Innovation ETFs

ARK will conduct a webinar tomorrow: GoToWebinar Launcher
I wonder what this means for the much dreamed about short squeeze. Hope it goes up too fast for ARK to act ;)

Reactions: TradingInvest
Looming... agree. Seems all the great earnings have been punished in the past month implying there's only one direction possible.

Although I sold a bit last week around $350, I then placed an order immediately at $341 (which filled today), I don't want' to miss the all time pop. The day I pull out 50% is the very day it pops, guaranteed. I've ridden this down so many times now, what's one more time, right?

My original plan was to sell all my trading shares, but in the end I just couldn't do it. Wish I had now but that can always go either way... I'm pretty committed to hold through Q4 earnings, and then will re-evaluate at that time.

Edit: But agreed. I know as soon as I sell a big chunk, the all time short squeeze will be soon thereafter

Depends on what you mean by public service. Going abroad to kill a lot of brown people is not my definition of public service.
This is why it should be mandatory. Civilians eat up ridiculous propaganda about what the military does. My squadron gave aid to Haiti and regularly moved other "brown people's" gear around for them. Nobody in my squadron killed a single "brown person" or any other color of person, for that matter, although we would lose a sailor or two every year to one tragedy or another. Service should definitely be mandatory.

More on topic, I am likely going to only buy Jan 20 calls going forward, and other calls with expiries a full year+ out, so as to lose less on cap gains and to be damn sure I weather any goofy short attacks and other medium term fluctuations.

Last edited:
Ark invest selling is small potatoes! 11k LOL
Fidelity selling >50% of what they owned, HOW YOU LIKE THEM APPLES? 11.9M!
Except they didn't. They sold 2 million if you look at the 13F forms on Edgar. The NASDAQ bot added the amended Q2 amount to the original Q2 amount. So they only owned about 11 million shares on June 30th.

+1

When I served in Marine Corps at the tail end of the Vietnam War until late 70’s the Corps was made up of folks (mostly men but women too) from all walks of life.

It gave you a much better appreciation of all of America (and frankly the world through my “visits” to other lands) that made me a better person throughout my career and personal life.

Of course, in recent times, only the greatest generation learned to respect both sides of the aisle through their military experience. They were able to negotiate with both points of view in mind vs the sad discord of today.

A mandatory service program could bring back that spirit.....of course, I don’t expect that to happen.

Btw: my first grandchild is expected tonight. I hope she can benefit from a more peaceful and EV driven world!!!!!

Here is a good post I liked which is kind of relevant to your grandchild. Talks about things she might see in her life relative to energy:

The Future of Energy – Noteworthy - The Journal Blog

Shayle often has interesting things to say about energy IMO.

Except they didn't. They sold 2 million if you look at the 13F forms on Edgar. The NASDAQ bot added the amended Q2 amount to the original Q2 amount. So they only owned about 11 million shares on June 30th.

I do not understand that which you say.
The poster suggested Ark "dumped" 23K shares, then posted they had sold 11K.
The big issues is that FIDO sold 11.9 M shares!
ark2.PNG

Ark is a little fish.
Current holdings interesting as well, nothing like 11M...or close
ark.PNG

They know the FUD will continue until Q4 results are released.

Not me. I have observed that in recent times, recessions follow an overheated economy. Because of price inelasticity a booming economy spikes up the oil price ($150 US per barrel just prior to GFC), and because oil is a factor in the cost of pretty much everything, this is inflationary. To suppress inflation, the Fed jacks up interest rates and we get a recession.

The next boom will be cleantech driven. It will reduce oil use and drive down prices. Latest Lazard figures are out - worth a look to see where the new drivers are. Of course we already know that the transport electrification boom is upon us - that's why we're here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.