Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup!
Remember play/invest with a strategy and stick to it. I got my 150 shares after hitting under 280 and that was the plan. FOMO or not I did what the plan called for. Taking the emotions out of it has been great.
This is the critical critical strategy. You can't get emotional with the ups and downs or you will likely make a huge mistake. My plan was to add at certain points as the stock dropped. I did that and it just kept dropping and dropping wayyyyy more than I thought or planned on. However, I kept adding right down to the $250s. Would I do it differently in hindsight next time? Definitely. I got way too aggressive adding when we were down 10-12%. I also added shorter term calls than I should have. However, the much bigger mistake would have been to get nervous and change my plan after looking at my account and nearly crapping my pants at how down it was. That's not fun but it's what you have to deal with on a dip with TSLA. I learned in December not to add leverage on the way up. This time I learned not to add so much leverage on the way down trying to catch the falling knife. Best to wait for the bottom. On this particular dip, the bottom was obvious and you wouldn't have missed out on anything to add when it was confirmed. Lesson learned. Next lesson coming soon I'm sure.

Reactions: Tenable and JRP3
I'm betting the same people who profited from the SP going down are the same people who are now profiting from the SP going up.

I'm betting that, other than the bulls and the bears going at it, there's a third fraction who's playing both sides and making money both no matter what happens to the price.

I'm super annoyed that I didn't have any dry powder to buy during the dip, and won't have any, until mid month.

The best call goes to option sniper. Timing both the top and bottom. Thanks to this forum I am made aware of this entity's existence. Can someone enlighten me as to how long he's been this accurate?

Our very own mod AudubonB manages to catch the very bottom of the falling knife for his fund. His investors must be happy.

12% so far in 2 days.. yeah. This is basically short covering panic buying, along with some of us longs adding. This is like a baby squeeze after yesterday. We saw this a lot on the run up to 386 ATH. Option Sniper things it could run to 300-310 by the end of the month. Not an advice.

End of the month? I was thinking end of the freakin' week!

The best call goes to ...
Our very own mod AudubonB manages to catch the very bottom of the falling knife for his fund. His investors must be happy.

Yaah, but what about me?!?!?!? :D

By the way, the funds for same came from liquidating that NVDA position I mentioned 2 weeks ago. "Now, ¿What am I going to do with all that cash?" :rolleyes:

It's not all, however, a bed of roses. I didn't discuss the two cutting-edge pharma-delivery names that we purchased. One's doing well; the other is a disaster.

• Informative
Reactions: SunCatcher
Hello folks. Brand new to the forums today and I was pleasantly surprised to see this particular long standing thread. I joined because I kept landing here in response to searches for specific delivery, aftermarket accessories, etc., but have been a SH as well for 5 years. I'm pretty much a boring buy-&-hold investor. This holding in particular has been so active that following it is always exciting (in both directions.) The last time I purchased was when I told myself if it ever went below $200 again I would buy. That was quite a while ago, but this feels similar. Not sure I've ever seen an equity so sensitive to threshold amounts like this one. 200, 250 300, 350. It seems to jump one way or the other when it hits these numbers. Probably just the high casual investor interest in it, I suppose. Anyway, glad to see such a vital investor thread.

I don't see an indication of this. The share lending market tightened today a bit. None of my shares were returned to me and the interest rate paid to me increased from 1% to 1.125%.

My impression is that some will dollar cost average and some will close out positions and open new positions, so demand could actually go up before real capitulation happens. We need the stock to keep going up to keep this cycle going. Just like they where winning as the price went down, we should be winning as the price goes up.

Got some more common. This is getting interesting, in that if there's some good news during ER for example, we could actually have a short squeeze?

I don't know why this was marked funny but the gains in my newly acquired common are even sweeter when I see this:

Option_Sniper on Twitter

@option_snipper

$tsla 280ish!! wow wow!!! stock shared added @ 250 already more than 10% gains. if this one going back to 287 and hold, tons short cover squeeze all the way to 304 possibly 321. huge huge move incoming on weekly/monthly chart.

Let's hope he's right!

All this plans will go outta the window when the stock for some reason will not stop to climb.
All the buy the dip / sell the ATH will end without their shares. They will have the option to reenter way above their last sell price.

This stock is going to +5000. No one knows the date.

Exactly. Find the right company, buy and hold is proven to be one of the most profitable investment approach.

My dog Rocket says buy TSLA it’s cheap. Smart dog.

I’m just wondering where I can scrape up some more money

Is AAPL a sell?

Come on folks, my dog Rocket picked the bottom even better than Option Sniper. Hope you all took notice, my 2 sons did and bought at open for $252.99, naturally they are thrilled .

Well l better go out and buy my dog a bone, a big one.

What do you guys think about the probability of Tesla announcing that they pause autopilot in all cars until the Model X crash bug is investigated/fixed? That bothers me - in the light of recent Uber accident and all other fears of the market it might be a significantly bad event.

What do you guys think about the probability of Tesla announcing that they pause autopilot in all cars until the Model X crash bug is investigated/fixed? That bothers me - in the light of recent Uber accident and all other fears of the market it might be a significantly bad event.
Highly unlikely. Elon’s got balls of steel.

Status
Not open for further replies.