Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Chinese banks sell US Treasuries to Wall Street for 50 cents on the dollar it doesn't crush the US economy.

Anymore than when Japanese banks did this in the 90s.

Whatever discount the Chinese sell US Treasuries it is like they gave us all the crap at the 99 cent store for free.
Also foreign central bank holdings of Treasuries are held at the Fed so we can just block sales if we choose.

This looks like a strong day after a strong day to me. The daily pattern is very constant beside two short attacks in the afternoon that did not go well for them.

Asking myself if some larger investors are finally in adding continuously. Maybe the smart guys here will later shed some light on it.

If we close above $280, we are at $285 while I write this, that would be another strong signal for the days to come. $280 did not blink so I did expect some resistance but happy to be proven wrong.

Also I could really not find a single positive report in the media about production, delivery and cash. Help me if I overlooked that needed in the haystack. Be it in US or Europe. Nor positive analyst reports but somehow there is no correlation between negative reporting and SP any more.

Reactions: SunCatcher
This looks like a strong day after a strong day to me. The daily pattern is very constant beside two short attacks in the afternoon that did not go well for them.

Asking myself if some larger investors are finally in adding continuously. Maybe the smart guys here will later shed some light on it.

If we close above $280, we are at $285 while I write this, that would be another strong signal for the days to come. $280 did not blink so I did expect some resistance but happy to be proven wrong.

Also I could really not find a single positive report in the media about production, delivery and cash. Help me if I overlooked that needed in the haystack. Be it in US or Europe. Nor positive analyst reports but somehow there is no correlation between negative reporting and SP any more.

12% so far in 2 days.. yeah. This is basically short covering panic buying, along with some of us longs adding. This is like a baby squeeze after yesterday. We saw this a lot on the run up to 386 ATH. Option Sniper things it could run to 300-310 by the end of the month. Not an advice.

• Helpful
Reactions: DragonWatch
I'm betting the same people who profited from the SP going down are the same people who are now profiting from the SP going up.

I'm betting that, other than the bulls and the bears going at it, there's a third fraction who's playing both sides and making money both no matter what happens to the price.

I'm super annoyed that I didn't have any dry powder to buy during the dip, and won't have any, until mid month.

That's all I see as well, all negative coverage of the 2k/wk "miss".

However keep in mind most of the publicity comes from sell-side analysts. The more important people are the ones on the buy side. The difference is explained here. You almost never hear from the buy side since most of them are not analysts, but money managers who actually invest their funds in equities, and they keep their researches to themselves.

The sell side are typically just "sales people" as the name suggests. Many of them work for banks that make money from other people trading equities. They make more money by causing market volatility rather than picking correct price for a stock. Understanding this, you wouldn't be surprised how the sell-side analysts are all covering Tesla at the moment.

However the buy side people are the smarter ones since they actually have to put their money where their mouth is. They can see through BS, just like last quarter the smart ones smelled something wrong with the extrapolated 1k/wk rate, this time around, they know 2k/wk is actually a "beat" based on where the PPS is at, and nothing the sell side screams over the megaphone is going to influence that.

Last edited:
I'm betting the same people who profited from the SP going down are the same people who are now profiting from the SP going up.

I'm betting that, other than the bulls and the bears going at it, there's a third fraction who's playing both sides and making money both no matter what happens to the price.

I'm super annoyed that I didn't have any dry powder to buy during the dip, and won't have any, until mid month.
This is exactly what I have concluded with this stock as well. There are large hedge funds pushing it up or down depending upon where there is money to be made from momentum. They are now shifting from short to long. I'll take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.