Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it actually clear that the Chinese tariff threats include Tesla? I know Bloomberg said as much but the language in the tariff list was ambiguous, could be yes could be no.

Haven’t read it myself, but, that may well be, and very possibly intentionally so. Though the negotiations are tough, Tesla and China both want to do business with each other, and negotiations are ongoing.

Looks like tech stocks are recovering from the broader market. This might be an ominous sign for not so smart shorts. If their hopes were on Chinese tariffs, it’s going to be decimated if techs recover today, given the favorable news shorts were asking for. The rest of this week and next is primed for a recovery, especially if 2,000/ week rate is backed by VIn assignments and deliveries.

Reactions: bdy0627
I suspect as Papafox's chart shows that shorts continue to trade >60% of shares even on big up days. This says to me while existing shorts cover, new shorts pile in at higher price. This is similar when the PPS is dropping, old shorts cover and cash out, new shorts step in to replace their spot. Overall the shorted shares stay relatively stable.
Can you please include a link to Papafox's chart?

Reactions: sundaymorning
I think by the time Q1 EC happen, they might be close to 2500/w constant rate, which will be very positive. Especially if also during the EC Elon makes it clear they're really not looking for a cap raise anytime soon (by market standards).

This just popped up on the front page of yahoo finance, it wasn´t there earlier today:

upload_2018-4-4_18-52-6.png

Ah, this explains why shorts seem to get all their Tesla facts wrong, they’re reading fake news.

During the past 2-3 weeks nearly all of the media has moved from comically transparent false unflattering depictions of Tesla into Seeking Alpha territory.

Unsurprisingly, they do not point out any of this about themselves. That this has happened and continues to happen will only first show up in the mass media as a small, blurred, subplot in the big budget and heavily hyped movies their parent companies put out in a couple of decades romanticizing Tesla and Musk.

Last edited:
There are a lot of reasons the markets are so turbulent. Today's are subject to exaggerated rumors. It is like the glory days of Joe Kennedy before the crash on steroids because of the internet, nano-second trading, yada, yada. It's been a long time since I've had one, but I don't remember enjoying a beer for the froth alone. Give me laminar flow in the markets anytime.

No dropping after market open but TSLA started the day well in the red.

Even Electrek this morning had a post about TSLA "tumbling" on China news - but at least Fred updated his article an hour later.

1. Fred shouldn´t be faster updating his articles than yahoo finance. I mean god damn. And it´s still up right now. TSLA is the only tech stock kicking ass and they have a blue ribbon on the TSLA-site saying it´s down. It´s just embarrassing.
2. I still really doubt this piece was up this morning. The timings on the comments and the fact I didn´t see it while having it on my screen since opening make me think they put it out a few hours after the bell opened and after we were clearly in the green.

Status
Not open for further replies.