Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon is doing charity work lately. Axios and 60 Minutes will probably yield no new sales nor garner any new talent to Tesla. So, Elon is only giving them an appearance to temporarily boost their non existent prime demo audience numbers.

Again, Elon’s appearances on Marques Brownlee and Joe Rogan probably did more for Tesla as a brand then any other marketing/advertising Elon has done in years.

The numbers don’t lie.

Sold last of Dec 345 calls 37$. (they went higher to 39.xx but like I always say don't be a pig!)

Currently NO long positions.. not by design, just positioning. I think a lot of this current move is 'managed'. You all know what I'm talking about. Company is trying to satisfy nearly 1B in debt with a mix of stock and $$. It's no mystery that we are right at these levels here now and it's really all going according to plan.

I'm going to start to build my Q4 earnings (in Q119) position thesis and positions. The risk is to the upside over the next 30 days.. black swam or OI mis-statements notwithstanding.
How would this move be managed? I assume you mean by institutional investors? Or by the company itself? I trust OI refers to a certain prominent Idiot and not yours truly ;)

VW didn't take diesel seriously, so unlikely they see any value in EVs unless they can get their special software for testing...
I might qualify that to say VW NA (north america and really USA) didn't take Diesel seriously. In Europe, specifically in Germany and France Diesel historically was close to 80% of combustion sales. Now, no longer but historically it was huge. It's still probably over 45%, and falling but more due to companies switching to PHEV/EV/BEV and reduced diesel offerings by companies in the larger vehicle space.

$TSLA slowly increases its lead on NASDAQ, now approaching 5% under diminishing volume. Due to the lack of volume more easily undercut by a bear attack so I expect a hammer at closing.

[edit: macros dragged $TSLA down some, but the lead is still peeking over 5%]

Last edited:
Thought LR RWD was discontinued? Wonder if that offering has to do with the highest EPA rating on the LR RWD and demand for efficiency over there?

Tesla Model 3 Mid-Range gets official EPA rating with surprising results

Myself, I was liking that I have a rare one and never liked steering torque. Just wish I could do donuts...

Tee hee. Nothing is discontinued if there's money to be made.
I think it'll reappear some time next year in the USA. Maybe 2019Q3 or 2020Q1 when the tax credits are gone.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Hard to work, maybe don't need to.

12-7-2018 10-25-47 AM.png

OK nobody move.
Investment advisors think I'm crazy. They don't own a Tesla... who's crazy, eh?

I might qualify that to say VW NA (north america and really USA) didn't take Diesel seriously. In Europe, specifically in Germany and France Diesel historically was close to 80% of combustion sales. Now, no longer but historically it was huge. It's still probably over 45%, and falling but more due to companies switching to PHEV/EV/BEV and reduced diesel offerings by companies in the larger vehicle space.
That is because of the emissions regime. EU was lax on NOx - so they could do a lot of shenanigans with diesel. Not so much in US.

After dieselgate VW has no choice now but to embrace EVs. Both for tactical and PR purposes.

Did you guys saw the 80k bear attack on 11:23AM and how it bounced in the following 5min?
Shorts should be scared now.
That was exactly like in NASDAQ.

What shorts should be scared of is that there are so many things that can really hurt them
- Upgrades by any of the dozens & dozens of analysts at ANY time (of their choosing)
- Production numbers & Earnings

What they have on their side, though it could go both ways, are the Macros.

Nope. They could literally impeach him tomorrow and the market won't move an inch.

The way market has shrugged off political uncertainty is scary.
Well, I DO find that it depends on the person in the office to some extent.

It's volatility inducing for sure, but not long term impact. For the most part any economy boosting policies are driven mostly by the republicans (and democrats) in Congress and not FROM the WH or OI.

Now, back to best stock in the mkt today. $TSLA!

Capital gains on TSLA positions now offset the purchase price of Model S and wife's Model 3. Thanks Elon!
Hmm, I am just a little bit greedier that I am waiting for it goes up to 1000 so it not only pays my kids’ private schools all the way to college as well as my retirement. Is that a beautiful dream? I think Elon and TSLA can do it and we can do it. Think about NFLX and AMZN , TSLA now is like them three years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.