Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Papa states this clearly in response to my post:

Papa is clearly baiting me. Wants me to make a fool of myself by stating 3 kittens playing with a ball of string theories could cause a Schrodinger's Stochastic Oscillator. You have to see it to believe it...
I will have my vengeance Mr Fantastic!

Cat > Unicorn + Shampoo + Tea Set + Wican Candle

Cat > Unicorn + Shampoo + Tea Set + Wican Candle
But, Unicorn Cat is the real winner ;)
flat,550x550,075,f.u6.jpg

I agree. This article shouldn't be entirely dismissed as FUD but rather read with a heavy bullshit filter to remove the negative bias.

It seems clear that Musk pushed for an incredibly ambitious automation target and heavily ridiculed staff who spoke out against it. That said, he meets the majority of his insane goals and Tesla depends on someone at the top having the courage to attempt them. Tesla would not be where it is without the attitude that drove this (in hindsight) erroneous decision and I hope it doesn't dissuade Musk from pushing hard in the future - although, as you point out, some additional homework may be needed in the future before taking these risky bets.

Meh. He’s not stupid. If you’re going to tell him it won’t work you’d better be able to explain why AND provide at least one viable solution. Frankly, I’d go armed with three but I’m an overachiever that way.

How hard would it have been to demonstrate for him the difficulty of Fluffer Bot vs human? Um...not hard in my world. You deserve to be fired if you can’t figure that out and show him.

It has to be blatantly obvious that a lot of context is missing from the Wired article. Like flashing red neon light obvious. Context really super important. Like the ‘horrible human being’ in fact behaved like a horrible human being and could have easily been called worse. And yet the articke leaves us to believe the comment was unwarranted, cruel etc... So all the rest of the article - gfy Wired.

Last Friday it tanked $23 from its high to kill options. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that today too. Just enabled margin in my account to pick up shares in $350s if it happens

It also shot up a lot at the open last Friday. I'd be surprised if we dropped that much today. For now, just seems to be consolidating after yesterday's run -- and in spite of some pretty bad macro sentiment at open.

Reactions: SpaceCash
Curious about the volume spike at 8:15 AM. In order for that not to change the SP drastically, wouldn't a buyers and sellers have had to plan and execute their transactions simultaneously in order for buys and sells to cancel out without changing SP more than $1?

OT :

So let me get this strait. A person - who is no longer with the company, and thus has no incentive to spin things - tells you that the way you want to report things about them personally is wrong. But you're still going to report them that way regardless?
The report is that some unnamed sources said there was some tension between Musk & the assistant. She quit after a while.

colleagues say the assistant was a gentle, calming presence in Musk’s life. It was her job to give him feedback, even if it was sometimes hard to hear. She was beloved by other executives, who often asked her to help them gauge Musk’s moods.
Assistants, as some can tell you, are sometimes very powerful - as they control access to the boss. They will generally also know a lot of "secrets" - and will keep them once left. That is how they get similar positions elsewhere - also usually the boss is the most powerful person they'd personally know - and want to be in his good books.

It is not uncommon at all for reports to say there is tension between two people - but the people deny it. Think of all the reports of tension between Trump and various people in his administration - almost always both parties deny it - but invariable the person leaves or gets fired.

• Love
Reactions: neroden
Last Friday it tanked $23 from its high to kill options. Wouldn’t be surprised to see that today too. Just enabled margin in my account to pick up shares in $350s if it happens
Looking slightly bearish to me. Nasdaq is close to high for the day, and Tesla close to the lowest. So, if Nasdaq goes back to 6970 - Tesla can go down fast.

ps : Apparently not. Nasdaq west down 20 points fast - Tesla was flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.