Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But, Unicorn Cat is the real winner ;)

Unicorn Cat is good, and probably most adequately describes TSLA lately. But...

The stock action right now reminds me of a cat playing with a laser pointer...

...sometimes it seems like the Laser Pointer Cat. However, I think from the shorts' perspective, it's behaving more like Grumpy Cat or Angry Wolf...

upload_2018-12-14_9-12-18.png

...and that makes me happy.

OT

Actually, Australia is mining more coal than ever before - 2017 was a new record year and 2018 likely too:
This is, as you note below, a story of Chinese imports. (Exports of coal to India are already dropping again.) The China situation is a weird mess. The national government is trying to get rid of coal imports but the provincial governments aren't...

• Informative
Reactions: shootformoon
4:01 EST and the market's closed, Mr. Chanos's interview is about to be aired. I have the full transcript in front of me, and here is what he will be saying:

A Tesla is fun, if you floor it
So why why oh why did I short it -
As now I've this feeling
It's off to the ceiling?
'Cuz I, Sacher-Masoch, adore it.
Can't tell you how much I love getting "Informatives" on wacky-posts.

he entire market operates on the principle of unfair information,
Well, of course it does. :) That's how you make money in stocks. Read the efficient markets theorem... the only way to make money is to have better information.

and the retail investors are always the ones who get killed.
Not always. Sometimes retail investors here at TMC know more than institutional investors like Chanos. :) But it is always all about the information....

There are stocks I've held where I've gone "Huh. I haven't been able to pay enough attention. I don't feel like I really have an in-depth knowledge of this company any more." And I sold, because I knew I'd lost any informational advantage I once had.

Comment on price action: I'm quite amazed with Tesla's resilience this morning after closing up almost 3% yesterday. If the stock sticks in the 370s today, I'd say that bodes well for another leg up next week.

IMO, even if it just can stay >350 for the next 2-3 weeks until the deliveries and production numbers are given, it would bode very well for reaching 420 in January if the numbers are very good, and >450 after ER if it surpass expectations.

• Informative
Reactions: SpaceCash
Building options on both ends. (pun intended).. B.S.B. Dec 21 345/330/325 bear put spread. cost 1.60$. the downside put was .80c or else the spread would have been .80 for the 15$ B.S.spread.

Working on a similar for 370/395 calls for Feb19 but it's a bit $$ (10$ or 2.5x) at this point. The Feb 400/425 is only 8$ (or 3.2x) at this point, will probably have to enter the front call on a downdraft, then sell the upside call when we get a pop (if)

Building options on both ends. (pun intended).. B.S.B. Dec 21 345/330/325 bear put spread. cost 1.60$. the downside put was .80c or else the spread would have been .80 for the 15$ B.S.spread.

Working on a similar for 370/395 calls for Feb19 but it's a bit $$ (10$ or 2.5x) at this point. The Feb 400/425 is only 8$ (or 3.2x) at this point, will probably have to enter the front call on a downdraft, then sell the upside call when we get a pop (if)

What's your SP entry target for buying the Feb19 calls?

Anyone knows how the local delivery center are doing right now? I am guessing the reason they see what they see is due to:

1) Delivery center is actually the bottleneck here. Most of the inventory are shipped because it's already sold. The inventory is piling up due to demand >> rate of delivery. Specifically the shorts talked about parking lot near service center in Rockville MD

Good luck (and good riddance) to them! (Shorts) :p:p:p
Will swing by Rockville service center Saturday, (which was the jump off point where NYT John Broder “trip” where he forgot to plug in and he was proved false)
Will do a looksee and count

or whether *he's just not listening*.

There would be no SpaceX, no Tesla, no Boring Company, no OpenAI, no anything Elon is pursuing had he listened to others.
Thanks god he still does not and I sure hope he keeps that way.

The day Elon starts listening to others is the day I'm out of TSLA... bankruptcy or at least mediocracy guaranteed.

Status
Not open for further replies.