Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very odd the way the fire seems to be in front of the car.

The battery pack vents through the front and rear (at least if it's like the Model 3). It'll eventually spread if left uncontained, but it's designed to protect the cabin.

BTW, anyone else find it weird that we still haven't seen a single report of a fire (as far as I can tell) in a customer Model 3? There was that one burned out Model 3 for sale at a junkyard, but it was in Fremont with 1 mile on the odometer, so looked like a factory accident.

My noob thinking...

Eventually profits outrun growth, all debt is paid and keeping cash surplus to needs has no appeal, so like APPL they pay dividends. At that point the share price minimum is straight math.

Am I wrong?

Dividends are for companies who feel that they've run out of markets that they can effectively take over.

Tesla isn't even close to that. Maybe about 20 factories from now they'll have spare cash to pay out. But no time soon. Tesla is a growth stock, not a dividend stock. It's actually a big advantage they have over their competitors, which are burdened with investor expectations of earning a dividend on their holdings.

When the tire blew, the energy requirement changed and the steering pulled left. Tesla already know how far he drove on that rim.
I myself had a Holy Heart-in-Mouth event today, at 72mph or so, and with Augustus in the kiddie seat in back, no less -

I had leaned over the steering wheel to determine if I could isolate a rattle in the grill and the car started bucking and veering in rapid oscillation. Thank goodness I'd kept control of the steering wheel - car felt as though it definitely wanted to leave the lane...and in both directions at once, so to speak. Jenny lost all composure, naturally.

I realized in an instant it was precipitated by my having lifted myself off the seat, and erroneously (I think) told Jenny that the apparent loss of a driver put the car into Park. Now I'm confused as I didn't have to shift back into "D" when I sat down; also, I tried re-creating the incident when at a full stop and it stayed in "D". So I filed a Bug Report, stating that the car had acted Truly Scary three minutes earlier. I'm very interested to learn if I get some feedback.

He’s also said that growth won’t be limited by lack of cash. Ipso facto, surplus cash. It has to go somewhere, and a dividend is a quick share price stabiliser.
For CEOs of growth companies I've known, paying dividend would've been ultimate sign of their personal failure, capitulation: "Yeah, I didn't know how to deploy capital anymore, so I started paying dividends".
It happens only when company throws so much money that it cannot effectively deploy it in new growth opportunities.
I'll bet you Musk would find way to spend trillions if he could get ahold of them

I myself had a Holy Heart-in-Mouth event today, at 72mph or so, and with Augustus in the kiddie seat in back, no less -

I had leaned over the steering wheel to determine if I could isolate a rattle in the grill and the car started bucking and veering in rapid oscillation. Thank goodness I'd kept control of the steering wheel - car felt as though it definitely wanted to leave the lane...and in both directions at once, so to speak. Jenny lost all composure, naturally.

I realized in an instant it was precipitated by my having lifted myself off the seat, and erroneously (I think) told Jenny that the apparent loss of a driver put the car into Park. Now I'm confused as I didn't have to shift back into "D" when I sat down; also, I tried re-creating the incident when at a full stop and it stayed in "D". So I filed a Bug Report, stating that the car had acted Truly Scary three minutes earlier. I'm very interested to learn if I get some feedback.

Don't just file a bug repot - call Tesla. There could be a mechanical issue that needs to be looked at.

OT

Were you on AP? Did it disengage? Were there warning sounds? Did you email the bug report, call, or use the in car bug report?

For CEOs of growth companies I've known, paying dividend would've been ultimate sign of their personal failure, capitulation: "Yeah, I didn't know how to deploy capital anymore, so I started paying dividends".
It happens only when company throws so much money that it cannot effectively deploy it in new growth opportunities.
I'll bet you Musk would find way to spend trillions if he could get ahold of them

I think Musk learned a valuable lesson from the GA 4 in the tent solution. Spend not equals production. There’s no substitute for applying the grey cells to get the best solution. Growth needs to be rapid, but not reckless.

Thought: maybe I should swap out some of my calls for slightly different calls while the stock is low in order to realize a capital loss on them and put off gains until next year when I'll have a more favourable tax status. Hmm...
I think we will bounce off the 50ma tomorrow at around $326. That’s when I will start adding more. TSLA seems to move on technicals and emotions

Dividends are for companies who feel that they've run out of markets that they can effectively take over.

Tesla isn't even close to that. Maybe about 20 factories from now they'll have spare cash to pay out. But no time soon. Tesla is a growth stock, not a dividend stock. It's actually a big advantage they have over their competitors, which are burdened with investor expectations of earning a dividend on their holdings.
Correct. Tesla can build factories to fill unmet demand. They have many markets and years of this ahead of them. Apple has more cash then they can make a profit with so they give it to shareholders instead. Apple does not need the additional money for growth and it would be wasted if they tried.

Reactions: SunCatcher
Status
Not open for further replies.