Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This news on China is really good news. Think about it - a huge strategic advantage just unlocked for tesla this year if they want to take advantage of it which they will. Look for some sort of announcement from tesla. In the meantime - don’t let the media that’s strongly influenced from clicks and special interest groups to shake your confidence.
agreed. Would give TSLA a leg up on all its counterparts. Would be huge news when Elon announces deal to but factory in China to produce its vehicles to the region. I suspect the only hold back now is TSLA waiting to hear when/what laws will be put into place for intellectual property. At that time, a deal should be made/announced soon after.

Agreed. But I doubt they are held to expiry. Most of this position was put in place when the SP was about $330 IIRC. Suspect it is/was a hedge. Institutional? No idea. But, the 'evil empire'. ( oil, car OEMs, Aerospace ) has deeper [pockets than we all do.
This is absolutely huge for Tesla. Market has not absorbed this due to the garbage about the 3 production line being shut for a week
i remember seeing Tesla job postings about RE in China. This was during the trump tarrif scare and I thought Tesla was nuts. Turns out they knew exactly what they were doing

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/china-allow-full-foreign-ownership-082511380.html
Huge for Tesla. The takeaway is EV manufacturers affected first with new rules coming into effect later this year, ICE manufacturers rules change up to five years away.

Interesting that this article appears in the general Yahoo Finance thread but not in Yahoo Finance thread for Tesla (although it posts eleven different articles on planned M3 shutdown). As Kermit the Frog said, "It's not easy being green."

I've never been big fan of the media, but following $TSLA and mainly this thread makes me so disgusted with them...

Link please?

Not definitive of 5000 batteries per week, but implication that it’s over 2500 per week. I assume second grohman line was in process of being built before the first was completed and started being put together for local testing as soon as the first line was shipped. It took about 3 months to get the first line designed and built. Line 2 should be much faster.

I like Tesla on Twitter

Not definitive of 5000 batteries per week, but implication that it’s over 2500 per week. I assume second grohman line was in process of being built before the first was completed and started being put together for local testing as soon as the first line was shipped. It took about 3 months to get the first line designed and built. Line 2 should be much faster.

I like Tesla on Twitter

Thanks! This is from I like Tesla on Twitter from March 29 -- so before the CBS interview last week where Elon confirmed battery production was still the bottleneck (at least as of the time of the interview).

It does seem likely that with the Grohmann equipment coming on line and battery production increasing Fremont is well on its way to becoming the bottleneck if it is not already.

How I’ve traded over the past 5 years re: TSLA has been with the Hog Negativity Index (for those new here). When there’s no negative news, I scale back. When all you can find is garbage, I load up. It’s absolutely and completely ridiculous that the stock fall because of news that 3 production has halted for a few days. It’s myopia in the extreme.

I keep coming back to comparing Tesla to Porsche. Porsche, in my mind, is easily worth $40B. Both are producing luxury cars at around 250,000 per year with good gross margins. Except one of them is growing at 50% per year.

The HNI is back at a 9. Trade accordingly.

Elon clearly stated they are not doing dual motor until 5k/w and that won't be until July. He is rarely that clear in his statements. They are usually full of vagueness. This statement was as close to infatic as Elon gets. I think we should take him at his word.
Another thing Elon rarely do, beat his own timelines ;)

I'm sure AWD will happen when Tesla deems it appropriate.

How I’ve traded over the past 5 years re: TSLA has been with the Hog Negativity Index (for those new here). When there’s no negative news, I scale back. When all you can find is garbage, I load up. It’s absolutely and completely ridiculous that the stock fall because of news that 3 production has halted for a few days. It’s myopia in the extreme.

I keep coming back to comparing Tesla to Porsche. Porsche, in my mind, is easily worth $40B. Both are producing luxury cars at around 250,000 per year with good gross margins. Except one of them is growing at 50% per year.

The HNI is back at a 9. Trade accordingly.
I agree with this completely. I do a similar thing as you (although I don’t call my index Hog!). I don’t remember a time when the negativity had been this high except maybe for the weeks after that Tesla fan died while driving autopilot and completely ignoring the road.

• Funny
Reactions: dw4ngg
This is absolutely huge for Tesla. Market has not absorbed this due to the garbage about the 3 production line being shut for a week

Indeed. The China news is a huge long term positive for Tesla. The Model 3 production suspension for a few days is a minor short term blip. Meanwhile, Model S & X production is charging ahead at full steam.

Too many traders get fixated on short term noise. Fortunately, buy and hold investors, including institutions, have always given top consideration to the more important matters which can contribute to making the company a tremendous success in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.