Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
6.5M net shares were shorted in a two-week period.

To give a sense of the magnitude of this, the largest amount of net shorting in two-week period over the past year was only 2M shares (except the previous two weeks’ 3.5M shares).
By all means do loan your shares out. If we can get to 45 or 50 million short before 5000 a week or a profit it will be an interesting event.

That's too bad

Disagree. His irrational exuberance influenced a number of people to make bad decisions. As I've said before irrational bulls are no better than irrational bears, neither should be tolerated. After his repeated bad calls of "TSLA to the Moon!" I can't believe anyone still thinks he added value to this board.

Disagree. His irrational exuberance influenced a number of people to make bad decisions. As I've said before irrational bulls are no better than irrational bears, neither should be tolerated. After his repeated bad calls of "TSLA to the Moon!" I can't believe anyone still thinks he added value to this board.

I would suggest that while many of us have seen a 'Speigel bottom' we have also seen a 'TT top'. Both predictions proved to be (unfortunately in the TT case) to be great negative indicators for the SP following their predictions.

Quite the bounce in after hours

Facebook jumped 7% after hours after super strong earnings, and thus Nasdaq futures did too. Plus macros have probably yet again finished falling close to their support levels. S&P ~ 200 MA refuses to falter.

I’d be surprised if tomorrow wasn’t an up day for TSLA. I’m still bearish leading into Q1 earnings. After that may be enticing for me.

Going to get awfully interesting again soon ;) good luck all

Reactions: sundaymorning
And then this happened: Tesla’s VP of Autopilot and chip guru Jim Keller is leaving, another former Apple chip designer is tapped people on reddit say that may just mean he is done with the design phase of the project and is moving on to the next design gig. He was also VP of autopilot while the software side is done by Karpathy anyways. So hope is that this doesnt mean AP is delayed more...

He also left AMD two years into the Zen development, and look where that brought AMD: they just announced double the microprocessor revenue compared to a year ago. Maybe Keller is more interested in setting up good cpu architectures, and leaves the actual implementation to others. Rumours are that he is going to Intel. That could be an indication that the Mobileye next gen cpu is in trouble and they need somebody like Keller to put the project back on track.

I should clarify that I would never encourage anyone to take advise from TT007. I just appreciate his enthusiasm and thought he was entertaining. And I think his attempts at poems are often good contrarian indicators. But you're probably right that he reduces the signal to noise ratio of the forum, and is misleading to new members here who are not familiar with him.

Last edited:
He also left AMD two years into the Zen development, and look where that brought AMD: they just announced double the microprocessor revenue compared to a year ago. Maybe Keller is more interested in setting up good cpu architectures, and leaves the actual implementation to others. Rumours are that he is going to Intel. That could be an indication that the Mobileye next gen cpu is in trouble and they need somebody like Keller to put the project back on track.
I think these senior employees are all leaving because they're giving up on the margin trigger of the 2014 incentive plan.

With AMD closing most of the performance gap (especially in non-gaming workloads) in the last year, I'd think Intel is more worried about pulling further ahead of AMD. Intel's 7nm node is apparently not working out yet Global Foundries appears to be having less trouble and TSMC is starting production at 7nm, so in a year or two AMD may be ahead of Intel on process technology and able to leap ahead of Intel in performance.

If Jim Keller is going to Intel, it's likely for another x86 64-bit iteration, not something like MobilEye. Also from the wording of the departure notice it sounded like he wasn't actually working on AP secret sauce neural net chips, but instead on a myriad of other things, which is another reason I wouldn't assume he was leaving AP hardware to work on other AP hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.