Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
None of Jim Chanos point make any sense to me.... one point make me laugh so hard.. "Porsche Mission E is coming, Model S is 8 yrs old and not sexy anymore" .... OMG.. so he think Tesla not gonna have new design Model S coming out in the future ?? this guy is out of his mind... SMFH
The last words in the interview were quite something. “Mars doesn’t have an extradition treaty with the US.” This guys argument were weak as hell. People say that Tesla bulls are delusional

Last edited:
Folks are leaving because of burnout or massive offers from the competition. Nothing is ever 'finished' at Tesla.

This really is how Keller does things, though - he works on the ground work on a project, getting the architecture right, and then moves onto something else.

That likely means that Tesla didn't have a something else for him, and given that there's reports of him wanting to work on microprocessors and that's why he went to Intel from Tesla, it may have simply been that he wanted to do something other than what Tesla needed.

Reactions: mongo
This really is how Keller does things, though - he works on the ground work on a project, getting the architecture right, and then moves onto something else.

That likely means that Tesla didn't have a something else for him, and given that there's reports of him wanting to work on microprocessors and that's why he went to Intel from Tesla, it may have simply been that he wanted to do something other than what Tesla needed.

And Tesla is clearly moving forward aggressively with development of its AI chip:

While Keller is leaving, Tesla is reiterating its commitment to developing its own chips with the team that Keller helped put together.

A Tesla spokesperson added:

Tesla is deeply committed to developing the most advanced silicon in the world and we plan to dramatically increase our investment in that area while building on the world-class leadership team we have in place.”​

Tesla’s VP of Autopilot and chip guru Jim Keller is leaving, another former Apple chip designer is tapped

Guys, do you know of any rigorous short-seller/bear analyst worth reading/listening to? I'm asking seriously, as it can help to do a proper assessment of the stock. I'm bullish, but rational.

This podcast has both bull and bear arguments with a overarching bear slant due to the host's views. Rob Maurer does a good job in the bull interview.

Adventures in Finance: A Real Vision Podcast

GREEN... for want of a better word... is good.

Weird that Chanos does his best to wreck the stock, and news of Jim Keller moving on happens on the same day. but TSLA is up.

I guess the investment community knows that of course Chanos is going to say a bunch of negative stuff. He is short the stock.

And that Jim Keller spent 3 years at the company already and probably has made a solid contribution... and that the software side of self-driving etc. is unchanged, since Keller had nothing to do with that.

Reactions: Drax7
GREEN... for want of a better word... is good.

Weird that Chanos does his best to wreck the stock, and news of Jim Keller moving on happens on the same day. but TSLA is up.

I guess the investment community knows that of course Chanos is going to say a bunch of negative stuff. He is short the stock.

And that Jim Keller spent 3 years at the company already and probably has made a solid contribution... and that the software side of self-driving etc. is unchanged, since Keller had nothing to do with that.

Indeed. Keller was a Tesla vice president in charge of designing the Autopilot chip. Apparently the latest chip design is complete and his work is done. Other highly regarded engineering managers continue to be involved in updating the Autopilot software and Autopilot mechanical hardware.

Those who would short TSLA along with Chanos have likely already done so, as implied by the latest short interest number. They have heard Chanos' same tired arguments repeated many times before. The TSLA price low ten minutes after the opening this morning may eventually be recognized as the Chanos bottom. A positive reaction to guidance during the upcoming Wednesday conference call could solidify that.

Last edited:
Indeed. Keller was a Tesla vice president in charge of designing the Autopilot chip, not "head" or "chief" of Autopilot as headlined in the media. Apparently the latest chip design is complete and his work is done. Other highly regarded engineers continue to be involved in updating the Autopilot software and Autopilot mechanical hardware.

Those who would short TSLA along with Chanos have likely already done so, as indicated by the latest short interest number. They have heard Chanos' same tired arguments repeated many times before. The TSLA price low ten minutes after the opening this morning may eventually be recognized as the Chanos bottom. A positive reaction to guidance during the upcoming Wednesday conference call could solidify that.

Kurt, I agree completely. Now as a side note, and this is coming from a good place. I clicked on the link to your website and all I can say is that 90's called and theyre asking for the designs back. You should look into updating it, unless of course you dont care about it anymore.

Guys, do you know of any rigorous short-seller/bear analyst worth reading/listening to? I'm asking seriously, as it can help to do a proper assessment of the stock. I'm bullish, but rational.

I don’t.

That said, I don’t think they are in a cult, nor do I think they believe ridiculous things. I think they are acting as Mercenaries of Misinformation, and repeat political ad campaign-like nonsense at high volume in both senses of the world to try to sway the public.

It’s easy to just dismiss Chanos as ‘dumb,’ but I don’t think he’s ‘dumb’ at all. I think he’s well smart enough to rip apart everything he says as nonsense without any assistance from any of us. I think that’s part of the reason he presents it with so much false, ‘authoritative,’ bravado- bluster in abundance to sell the bluff with as little questioning as possible.

What’s more, I think there is a strong chance that the large majority of the far far off the charts total short position in Tesla for over 6 years straight is a similar financed campaign with a larger under the radar motivation. If this is what’s going on with the firehose of nonsense and the 6 year plus extreme short position, it’s not so hard to imagine that they are two tools of the same campaign.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.