Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I appreciate his enthusiasm. I wouldn't call them "delusional", if M3 ramp had gone according to plan then much of what he said may actually have come to pass. So not delusional, just on the upper-end of optimistic.

It's not for any of us here to advise anyone else how to invest. Neither is anyone here responsible for how anyone else invests.

Given slightly different parameters, the SP could have easily gone past 400 last year and TT007 would have been called a "visionary". Easy to criticise in hindsight.

Perhaps some would have hailed him as such. I and others would likely have been very pleased, but considered him little more than a broken clock. The man screams parabolic movement once a week. Most on this forum are long and expect a significant upside. We just don't do it with a blind fervor. I wish TT well, but the mans track record is terrible. Seems like a nice guy, but thats about it.

I believe they are still getting solar panel some somewhere else. Seem like all only want to manufacture premium panels and solar roofs. Which to me seem logical, since the margin for solar panel are very thin. Solar-city is more specialized on installations. Taking on the premium market and installation or building a ecosystem of home-auto relationship is much important than manufacture panels. Which is more important - best at manufacture solar panel, or add the battery and power managing app into the home.

Do we know for sure that GF2 is not producing panels? In January they said they were (Panasonic produced them in GF2) and now they are ramping up the solar roof.
Panasonic Ramps Up Solar Cell Production as Tesla Starts Making Solar Roofs at Gigafactory 2

Perhaps some would have hailed him as such. I and others would likely have been very pleased, but considered him little more than a broken clock. The man screams parabolic movement once a week. Most on this forum are long and expect a significant upside. We just don't do it with a blind fervor. I wish TT well, but the mans track record is terrible. Seems like a nice guy, but thats about it.

In a world full of Tesla FUD, I love his optimism. Apologies for that, but it always brightens-up my day, regardless of how far-fetched it may appear.

In a world full of Tesla FUD, I love his optimism. Apologies for that, but it always brightens-up my day, regardless of how far-fetched it may appear.

No reason to apologize for enjoying some uplifting fiction. I like to fantasize as well and must confess to having wishfully followed TT down the rabbit hole in the past. I just think his fan fiction occasionally risks damaging those that don't recognize it for what it is. I take no issue with you in the slightest L, I often enjoy reading your posts.

This forums keeps on producing certain figures that have a following and then flame out after everyone lost money on one bet.

Ya, not many friendship can survive having money burnt by said friend. That's why the old wisdom of not involving money with friend rings true. Same for business. Don't start business with a friend.

On a brighter note. I was totally wrong about solar city. The CA ruling changed scty's prospect. That was a great acquisition for anyone who got in at the merger discount.

Not much to go on, but...

REUTERS 3:42 AM ET 2018-05-10

Symbol Last Price Change PCRFF 14.17
light_down.gif
0 (0%)
QUOTES AS OF 12:38:44 PM ET 05-09-2018
May 10 (Reuters) - Panasonic Corp(PCRFF):

* PANASONIC(PCRFF) CEO SAYS COULD JOINTLY PRODUCE EV BATTERIES WITH TESLA IN CHINA Further company coverage: (Reporting By Makiko Yamazaki)

Hey guys, kind of off topic here. But in the future will Tesla continue to leverage Panasonic for battery production or will thesle get into the game themselves?
I don't think Tesla will attempt to cut Panasonic out of the loop. They have a very deep and mutually beneficial cooperation.

Maybe Tesla could buy the Panasonic battery division at some point, though.

Poll: At which level would you sell most of your position?

ValueAnalyst on Twitter

Cannot be answered by a single $ figure. It is a 2 dimensional function depending on time and $.
E.g. if it went up to $1500 next week, I would sell, but if it goes to $1500 in 10 years I would still be holding.
IMHO, right now at current risk levels a realistic value would be around $450, so below that it is a good buy. Significantly higher now would be a good selling point. But as various products are released and ramped, the realistic value should be going up considerably. If at any point the price goes much higher than what I consider realistic value for that time, I would sell.

Cannot be answered by a single $ figure. It is a 2 dimensional function depending on time and $.
E.g. if it went up to $1500 next week, I would sell, but if it goes to $1500 in 10 years I would still be holding.
IMHO, right now at current risk levels a realistic value would be around $450, so below that it is a good buy. Significantly higher now would be a good selling point. But as various products are released and ramped, the realistic value should be going up considerably. If at any point the price goes much higher than what I consider realistic value for that time, I would sell.

Exactly. Agreed. Thank you for bringing this up.

Assume shorter term, so say 4Q18, after weekly Model 3 production rate reaches 5,000 units, and Tesla achieves "sustainable" profitability.

For a permit to replace a roof on an existing single family residence?

In a general sense. The decision California took is a game changer. I would guess that, at some point in the future when Tesla ramps Solar Roof production at Gigafactory 2, the requirement will be expanded to include Solar Roof. I would also think that, the states that have adopted mandates similar to California's ZEV Program, would follow California on this front as well. Thoughts?

• Helpful
Reactions: Waiting4M3
Japan's Panasonic says it could make batteries with Tesla in China

Japan's Panasonic says it could make batteries with Tesla in China

Had just the headline this morning, now a bit more content:
Panasonic Corp (6752.T) could jointly produce batteries with U.S. electric vehicle (EV) maker Tesla Inc (TSLA.O) in China, as the Japanese electronics conglomerate looks to tap into that country’s surging EV demand, its chief executive said on Thursday.

“As already reported, Tesla could in the future launch full-fledged production in China - and we could produce jointly,” Kazuhiro Tsuga said at an earnings briefing, in Panasonic’s first official acknowledgement of possible battery cell production for Tesla in the world’s biggest auto market.

Status
Not open for further replies.