Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If fear is settling in, please remember the fundamentals. Most fundamentals have been hashed, hashed and rehashed proving that Tesla is on solid ground. We or most positive thinkers know that the Gigafactory is beyond the groundbreaking ceremony, most if not all bottlenecks are cleared and production/deliveries are increasing. The M3 is being delivered outside California and the I5 corridor.
Quit trying to find fault and enjoy the ride:) I cannot tell you how much I enjoy the ride/drive in our MX, could have been a M3, but love the MX better until the Pickup comes along.
If there is a serious problem or information, then I want to know it as soon as possible.
Now, the real sad news is that I cannot go fishing until the last weekend of April. Did get to see some snow flakes falling this morning on the lake.

Such a bad attempt, I'm laughing (and buying).

The article even says:

"Once the machines in the factory were able to crank out bandoliers as fast or faster than the manual laborers, Tesla began sending Panasonic workers back to their employer, sources said.

Today, Tesla is dwindling down manual assembly as much as possible at the Gigafactory, a hopeful sign.

But one engineer who works there cautioned that the automated lines still can't run at full capacity."

Well, of course, duh.

Well well well..looks like still a lot of firm believers..or else this could have easily been a 5% drop or something...that wasn't as bad as I had expected. Also if it's real news, the SP would drop without any notification from any news source at first, since large institutional investors get first dibs. Tomorrow depending on the outcome in the morning, I might go all in.

It's astounding looking at the volume change at the cliff drop. I'm not sure what triggered that. I have a hard time imagining the article about the issues in 2017 did that.

It’s a bear attack. Presumably short sellers knew the article would be released and timed selling pressure to the release, which lends credibility to the “bad news”. No hard evidence for this, but we’ve seen it before and the fact that Spiegel was quoted for the article indicates that he knew it was coming ahead of time.

Well well well..looks like still a lot of firm believers..or else this could have easily been a 5% drop or something...that wasn't as bad as I had expected. Also if it's real news, the SP would drop without any notification from any news source at first, since large institutional investors get first dibs. Tomorrow depending on the outcome in the morning, I might go all in.
If you've got the powder, I think that's a smart decision, particularly if there is any kind of MMD. If we see an early dip, I may be liquidating some things to add.

Reactions: immunogold
It’s a bear attack. Presumably short sellers knew the article would be released and timed selling pressure to the release, which lends credibility to the “bad news”. No hard evidence for this, but we’ve seen it before and the fact that Spiegel was quoted for the article indicates that he knew it was coming ahead of time.
I think the Bear is going to get Trapped on this one.

Reactions: DurandalAI
I have only one doubt though, it's the earnings..not sure if I should wait after the earnings or just go in now..any thoughts?
I think this current dip is probably protective in terms of a negative reaction to the Q4 ER. On the other hand, we could see a positive reaction. It's hard to imagine a really strong positive reaction though. With TSLA, a lot can happen between now and Feb 7. I'm not going to try to trade the ER. If we run up before it, then we could see a little negative reaction to the ER.

• Helpful
Reactions: Richgoogol
It's astounding looking at the volume change at the cliff drop. I'm not sure what triggered that. I have a hard time imagining the article about the issues in 2017 did that.

Thinkorswim posted the CNBC headline and a link to the article at 14:38 EST. I found the article at 14:40 when it indicated it was 4 minutes old, i.e. 14:36. That's precisely when the share price started plummeting and trading volume began accelerating.

The headline read, “Tesla employees say to expect more Model 3 delays, citing inexperienced workers, manual assembly of batteries”. Algobots are always on the lookout for Tesla click-bait headlines, especially from major financial news outlets. They don't have the time or ability to analyze critically the contents of an article.

The article was published near the time when day traders would have to start considering the closing of their positions. The reaction of algobots undoubtedly led to a cascade of triggered stop-loss-limits similar to toppling dominoes. Meanwhile, other weak longs must have thrown in their towels and retail shorts would have felt inspired.

We really need to look no further for culprits that reporter Lora Kolodny and the questionable sources who inspired her.

Status
Not open for further replies.