Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1) is this a known issue ? if so, how long has Tesla known about it

No, if they had known, they would have already fixed it.

2) is this vehicle specific ? If it's early production how many cars are affected ?

No, the early production reference was regarding the suspension/ ride quality and wind noise.

3) If it's early production as Elon said .... that means that at some point Tesla understood the braking had improved ... if so why was no fix implemented at that point.

He didn't say that. So this implication/ line of question has no basis.

You mean experienced people like GM had, but STILL had the car ignition problem that killed people? you mean THAT experience.

LOL...

GM KNEW the problem and let it go ... they were shitheads ... I certainly don't expect that from Tesla. Are you implying that it's not possible to have people in management that can understand this needs to be addressed fully and people need to be left with more answers than questions. Once again, people are saying that it's just discovered and Tesla need to address this BUT Elon's tweet suggests it's simply a software bug that can be "tweaked" .... I'm left with questions.

I don't think a valid criticism is a "Elon Bash" .... I've got around $500,000 invested in this company .. NOT in calls but real stock so I'm a firm believer. BUT either Consumer reports has it wrong or Tesla missed something ... it's as simple as that. IN addition this is not iPhone antenna gate where a dropped call is the worst consequence but it's a safety issue.

Once again people seem confused by the statement so I'll ask the questions:

2) is this vehicle specific ? If it's early production how many cars are affected ?

3) If it's early production as Elon said .... that means that at some point Tesla understood the braking had improved ... if so why was no fix implemented at that point.

These are VALID questions and your screaming Elon bashing couldn't be further from the truth.

I love Tesla ... I hired them for my solar roof and I'm on the list for a Model 3 not to mention I'm in for a half a million dollars in stock right now ....

This needs to be addressed in a FORMAL statement from Tesla ... not on Elon's twitter feed. Is that a controversial statement ?

No company is perfect and this is to be expected but what I'm having an issue with is the RESPONSE from Tesla. Clarity please ...
His response seemed perfectly clear to me. He acknowledged CR's findings. He stated that the company's own testing had different results. He offered another car for a retest. He stated Tesla's willingness to fix any problem that is found. Being typed out in a formal response on company letterhead sent out via certified mail wouldn't change what he stated. I don't get it.

Dan

I don't think a valid criticism is a "Elon Bash" .... I've got around $500,000 invested in this company .. NOT in calls but real stock so I'm a firm believer. BUT either Consumer reports has it wrong or Tesla missed something ... it's as simple as that. IN addition this is not iPhone antenna gate where a dropped call is the worst consequence but it's a safety issue.

These are VALID questions and your screaming Elon bashing couldn't be further from the truth.

I love Tesla ... I hired them for my solar roof and I'm on the list for a Model 3 not to mention I'm in for a half a million dollars in stock right now ....

This needs to be addressed in a FORMAL statement from Tesla ... not on Elon's twitter feed. Is that a controversial statement ?

No company is perfect and this is to be expected but what I'm having an issue with is the RESPONSE from Tesla. Clarity please ...
I would expect a FORMAL response will be coming. Give them time to figure out what is going on. And BTW, I have over double your investment and I am not worried. Tesla always makes things right in the end. Compared to what Tesla has already surmounted, this is no big deal.

It's probably not a good idea to add on gains right now with TSLA, only dips. Even on dips, add in tranches so you don't overdue it on the first part of the dip. That's the way to take advantage of the FUD and huge short interest right now.
I've made the worst mistake possible yesterday. I had bought 100 shares @ $291. I was thinking it broke $290 with huge volume, it should start to go from here. Well well well, now I know I can call the top perfectly.

I recently got my Model 3. The experience is similar to switching from an analog phone to an iPhone. On day one, it takes sometime to find the functions, but after 3 days, it's difficult to go back to any old phones. The iPhone user interface is very intuitive and easy to use.

I went through all the controls in my car, here is what I found:

The following controls I never need to change during driving, actually I almost never need to adjust these at all, I set once while the car is parked. Most of them I just use the automatic setting, works perfectly.

After a few days, I already find it's very easy to access any function I am looking for, Tesla designed the user interface intuitively. I can't switch back to any systems that I owned in the past.

I just got back from Chicago where our family of 4 rented a Model 3 (MSM, EAP, 19”, VIN 4xxx) for 4 days. What TradingInvest said in their excellent post is exactly what my experience was. My prior experience with Tesla was with the Model S: one overnight test drive and a 6 day rental in FLA last Christmas break.

My only addition to TradingInvest’s comments is the experience of the wipers. I had a lot of experience with the wipers last weekend! When it rained, the Auto setting was perfect. When it was a super heavy mist or a large splotch of water fell directly into my line of sight from an overpass during a break in the rain, the auto wipers would not engage (or at least not quick enough for my liking). This necessitated a quick tap on the wiper/turn signal stalk. This took care of the issue easily. This also popped up the wiper menu in the card section (bottom left corner) of the screen. A couple of times in the heavy mist I chose to turn the wipers on to speed 1 rather than repeatedly tapping the wiper stalk every 30 seconds or so. No issue because the car was smart enough to anticipate my possible needs and bring that menu item up for me.

I was completely accustomed to the interface and had everything configured the way I liked it by day 2. And I’m 50 next month. All those car shoppers younger than I will find this interface to be very intuitive. Tesla has designed a brilliant interface that will continue to improve because you can do that when (1) the controls are on a screen (i.e. more malleable than physical controls), (2) you plan to issue upgrades that allow one to control as much by voice as possible, and (3) you issue regular over-the-air upgrades to owners.

Soon there’ll be enough Tesla’s out there that people will be able to see the FUD for what it is. Then the FUDsters will carry less and less weight in people’s minds, like it already does for the majority of us here. When that day comes, I wouldn’t want to be holding on to too much equity in the traditional ICE manufacturer’s companies. “Hello? Phone’s for you - it’s Nokia calling...”

Last edited:
Ohh kay.

3) If it's early production as Elon said .... that means that at some point Tesla understood the braking had improved ... if so why was no fix implemented at that point..

"Early Production" was not referring to the brake test, but to the wind noise they reported:
Also Consumer Reports has an early production car. Model 3 now has improved ride comfort, lower wind noise & many other small improvements. Will request that they test current production

Clarity please ...

You're welcome.

Last edited:
Im expecting the bear argument for Q3 and Q4 to morph to:

They’re selling primarily the expensive cars. There is still no way they can sell the $35k car profitably, like we’ve always said.
The obvious bull response should be, "So what?" If Tesla is more profitable selling LR versions and doesn't run out of orders, as a shareholder, I don't have a problem with that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.