Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The North Korea connection in all this is basically that the stock market has always loved stability, or presumed stability, in international affairs. Conversely, volatility has most often had a negative effect. I expect the entire market to be up this morning in response to the apparent improvement in relations between North Korea and the US.

Dan
What alternate reality are we in that two of the most unstable people on the planet create stability when they meet? :confused: Never could have imagined this outcome.

TSLA is up almost $10 pre-market and nobody has commented yet!

Perhaps this is why - favorable comments from Keybank. KeyBanc Raised Estimates On Tesla (TSLA) On Strong Channel Checks

"While the longer-term debate on TSLA remains more balanced … we maintain that evidence supporting the bear case is not likely to emerge in the near term, in our view."

Has a price target of $300 but “he also increased is full year Model 3 delivery estimate to 118,182 from 98,182.”

What’s important from the note is NOT the PT, but rather then bolder sentence where the short thesis is wrong. Shorters who were hoping to make a quick buck by jumping on Tesla are now realizing that as time progresses, production will increase.

Bears, you’ll be seeing a lot more notes like this and perhaps more PT raises once the 5k number is officially out.

Last edited:
While I still think people are stupid and will do stupid things no matter what the feature set is called, I think Tesla should consider changing the name of the current AP features to AutoAssistant (does someone already have a trademark on this name?) or something similar. And FSD can be called AutoPilot when it is complete. This would at least placate the press and the rest of the people who have nothing better to do than look for problems where there aren't any real ones, just a perception of a problem.

I would assert that there is no such thing as placating the press. They would just continue on a new path of critisism in order to pump the outrage narrative that is so effective in maintaining reader screen time.

I would hammer home education pieces both video and written and deploy them on as many platforms as possible both in documentary and infotainment forms to explain automation. To include what an “auto pilot”in an aircraft will,or won’t do all the way to the the misuse of the term “autonomous drone”, the majority of which are in fact like level 3 and still require an operator.

The tendency seems to be assuming lowest,common denominator and it seems this approach has lead us to a self fulfilling prophecy of self compounding ignorance. Perhaps this wouldn’t satiate a marketer but in the end it would build institutional credibility for Tesla as well as visibility as the entity that it is. That is to say, a company that does things to improve the well being of its customers rather than short term returns for some entity concerned only with remuneration.

Fire Away

Frankfurt up to € 293 and rising.. > 345 USD, i hope it will be a long and steady squeeeeze day today

This reminds me of 2013 all over again. Any indication of good news will push us up. Bears are literally stomping over one another to cover. The news stream likely will be flowing with positives as we close in on 5k. The question for me now is will Elon be able to surprise with more than 5k?

I have felt like that when the short squeeze happens, it will be quick and violent.
Yeah, that's my thought as well.

How everyone talks about how TSLA longs are cultists that are going to hang onto the stock all the way down... many TSLA shorts are also cultists that are going to hang onto their position all the way up. So, a gradual squeeze of people covering isn't likely IMO, they're going to hang on right up until they get margin called.

Any ideas where we can get up-to-date stats around the level of shorts? Something like the loan rate, currently available shares to short, etc. Would be really handy to get a feel for the amount of covering going on. If a real short squeeze kicks in, no one knows if we are talking 600 or a VW style 2000! Would having this info help us understand generally what to expect on a daily / hourly basis?

Status
Not open for further replies.