Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a 240V 50 amp plug would be a better solution.

a 240V receptacle and a 120V (perhaps two or more), ideally with the ability to toss your power tool's battery charger into some weatherproof storage bin / locker while it's plugged into the 120V and charge the cordless tools while you're driving around to the next job.

a 240V receptacle and a 120V (perhaps two or more), ideally with the ability to toss your power tool's battery charger into some weatherproof storage bin / locker while it's plugged into the 120V and charge the cordless tools while you're driving around to the next job.
He must read your mind.
Elon Musk on Twitter
Elon Musk‏@elonmusk
Pickup truck will have power outlets allowing use of heavy duty 240V, high power tools in field all day. No generator needed.

If I had a microbrew, I could do a whole "Tesla Bear" beer label.

Tesla Bear Honey Wheat
Tesla Bear Short 'n' Stout
Tesla Bear FUD Barrel Special Reserve
Tesla Bear Empty Lager
Tesla Bear Elon Fail Ale
Tesla Bear Hoppy Mad
Tesla Bear Bitter Ale

Could I suggest an alternate name for your first item:

Tesla Bear Whompy Wheat ?

I think ideally you'd have 120V outlet(s) in the frunk too, but also some side cubbies in the sides of the bed which are big enough for small tools or tool chargers etc, with some 120V outlets there too. Powering your bigger tools from the frunk is less convenient than some side flap you can open up ...

True, actually who knows if it will even have a frunk. However, the more plugins the better!

This aged well.

But Elon is going to reveal a pickup and he is going to have it pulling and 80,000 lbs semi up a mountain faster then diesel semi could drive itself up the same mountain. Then the driver will get out and plug in all his gear.

At that moment, all the execs a at Ford will wheep and say, why Elon hate us? Then they will strap some batteries to an f150 but by then, it will be too late.

What do I want to see in a Tesla Pickup? Refrigerated keg in the frunk, So obvious.

BTW, anyone know a microbrew that would like to produce the Tesla Bear Beer label? We could be entrepreneurs like Elon and make this happen.
Fridge is a must. I don't tweet either but my vote is it comes standard with a removable or better yet build in/fold-up canopy for the bed, removable cab divider like the old chevy avalanche (this stuff basically makes it a camper). Other cools features would be hardtop convertible cab, air tight cabin/frunk/etc. for water, and maybe some of those compressed air thrusters for full boat mode/critter defense. Also maybe a built in drinkable water tank if you've had too much beer from the keg.

• Funny
Reactions: jhm and wipster
Timing seems consistent with that, yes.

Though at this point in time the Pickup doesn't really matter. Tesla has more than enough products in the pipeline.

Speculative but I think there is a decent chance they will build the Pickup at the same Gigafactory as the Semi. If so, when they announce the plan for the Semi they may want to info about the Pickup available so investors (and customers) can have a better understanding of the big picture.

Also, they will probably do the reveal in ~2020 with production starting in ~2021. It's not all that far away.

Or, Elon is just feeling cooped up at the factory and needed a break.;)

Yep, consistently ranked in the bottom 5% of analysts.

Currently #4627 of 4822 on TipRanks, with an average return of -13.8%. https://www.tipranks.com/analysts/david-tamberrino

I am sure he is useful to Goldman for other reasons, but how long can he hang around with a record like that?

Sell-side analysts don't work on the investment side of Goldman. His job doesn't depend on making Goldman money so he can be as wrong as he wants while pushing his agenda.

Goldman reiterates sell on Tesla and expects Model 3 deliveries to miss estimates
Goldman reiterates sell on Tesla and expects Model 3 deliveries to miss estimates
  • Goldman Sachs says Model 3 deliveries may come in under consensus.
  • Analyst David Tamberrino also questions whether Tesla can sustain a Model 3 production rate of 5,000 cars per week.
Tesla is expected to release its second-quarter production and delivery numbers in the first few days of July. Goldman analyst David Tamberrino expects the company to report it delivered 22,000 units of its Model 3 mid-size electric sedan, which is up from his previous estimate of 19,000 cars, but still several thousand units below an analyst consensus of 28,000. He bases this estimate on data from InsideEVs.com, GreenCarReports.com, and registration bureaus in various European countries.

What European countries are registering Model 3s?
So he said that current price (~$330) has 5k/wk priced in. So if Tesla demonstrates sustained 5k/wk, is Tamberrino conceding $330?

22k M3 deliveries would not be bad at all, assuming production a few k above that. Hard to ask for more after 2 downtimes for upgrades and the ramp following those in Q2. Plus the late ramp for the new GA line.
The Goldman analyst is wrong on Q3, more downtimes would mean upgrades for above 5k so the time lost is offset by greater output afterwards. We also kinda know that every part of the production is aimed at 6k per week at least. We don't know for sure when Tesla hits 5k sustained output but we can safely assume they are not stopping at 5k.

Reactions: madodel
22k M3 deliveries would not be bad at all, assuming production a few k above that. Hard to ask for more after 2 downtimes for upgrades and the ramp following those in Q2. Plus the late ramp for the new GA line.
The Goldman analyst is wrong on Q3, more downtimes would mean upgrades for above 5k so the time lost is offset by greater output afterwards. We also kinda know that every part of the production is aimed at 6k per week at least. We don't know for sure when Tesla hits 5k sustained output but we can safely assume they are not stopping at 5k.
agree 22k delivery sounds about right, from a 200k threshold perspective. I think production will be north of 30k, could be significantly (a few k) north even, so there could be close to 10k M3 "in transit"

So he said that current price (~$330) has 5k/wk priced in. So if Tesla demonstrates sustained 5k/wk, is Tamberrino conceding $330?
That's great! I love this. So, despite his price target of around $190 that he typically adjusts by $5 every so often, he acknowledges that 5k/wk = $330. What production level = $190???:rolleyes:

Given Tamborino's track record and M.O., I think you can just stop at the bolded part there.

God, so close to my buy target. Elon just had to tweet today, didn't he.
I hear you. I bought earlier in the day, but not as much as I would have liked. As we move through the week, I think I'll be adding one of my tranches regardless what the stock does, probably tomorrow. I think it's unlikely this stock doesn't close higher on Thursday and Friday. Not sure about tomorrow though.

God, so close to my buy target. Elon just had to tweet today, didn't he.
I had a target of $327 to convert some shares to J20 400C, pulled the trigger too early yesterday at $328, got the case of FOMO when I started seeing deliveries scheduled in July, and pics of thousands of M3 in parking lots, and was thinking the turn around would happen any minute. I was kicking myself when we dropped to $326 today, then an hour later I was patting myself on the back. Unfortunately I didn't get the last leg of my targets to convert at $320, I was hoping that my premature move at $328 would surely trigger a share price melt down :confused:

I had a target of $327 to convert some shares to J20 400C, pulled the trigger too early yesterday at $328, got the case of FOMO when I started seeing deliveries scheduled in July, and pics of thousands of M3 in parking lots, and was thinking the turn around would happen any minute. I was kicking myself when we dropped to $326 today, then an hour later I was patting myself on the back. Unfortunately I didn't get the last leg of my targets to convert at $320, I was hoping that my premature move at $328 would surely trigger a share price melt down :confused:

Why would you care wether you bought at $320 or $328.
Tat such an insignificant amount in the longrun.

Status
Not open for further replies.