Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil LeBeau does not think the jump in the stock has anything to do with Elon's recent tweets about Tesla Pickup Truck, but I personally would put it down to exactly that.

I agree with Phil. TSLA began climbing at 11:30 AM Eastern. Elon tweeted about the pickup at 2:08 PM.

Edit: Unless you're referring to the jump just after 2pm, in which case yes it probably IS related.
pickup.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 15.21.03.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-26 at 15.21.03.png
    304.9 KB · Views: 46
I agree with Phil. TSLA began climbing at 11:30 AM Eastern. Elon tweeted about the pickup at 2:08 PM.

It was my wife that caused the stock to explode.
This morning before the bell I put in an order at 331 but canceled it at 9:45.

Watched tesla drop and was within a few keystrokes of buying 200 at market (327) at 11:30.
My wife yells at me "Get off that stupid computer. We have to meet our daughter for lunch".

I hate having dry powder.

I logged in yesterday to take advantage of the lower stock price. But the volatility premium of TSLA options scared me away.

It used to be that the market does not factor in the end of quarter release as anything that's going to cause volatility, but apparently, they are really thinking that this one will be a significant one.

i show IV on near term calls between 55 and 59% as of now...
examples: (all regular expiration)
jul 325c - 55.4%
aug 325c - 59.1%
aug 345c - 57.6%

I don't tweet so I can't send this idea to Elon, but a nice DC welder feature would be nice. There is plenty of power but it would need a different power supply to output about 30ish Volts and 100-125 amps to burn an 1/8" rod which would work for most maintenance applications. Don't know what that would cost, but it would take it to another level.

I don't tweet so I can't send this idea to Elon, but a nice DC welder feature would be nice. There is plenty of power but it would need a different power supply to output about 30ish Volts and 100-125 amps to burn an 1/8" rod which would work for most maintenance applications. Don't know what that would cost, but it would take it to another level.
I think a 240V 50 amp plug would be a better solution.

Reactions: JRP3
Goldman reiterates sell on Tesla and expects Model 3 deliveries to miss estimates
Goldman reiterates sell on Tesla and expects Model 3 deliveries to miss estimates
  • Goldman Sachs says Model 3 deliveries may come in under consensus.
  • Analyst David Tamberrino also questions whether Tesla can sustain a Model 3 production rate of 5,000 cars per week.
Tesla is expected to release its second-quarter production and delivery numbers in the first few days of July. Goldman analyst David Tamberrino expects the company to report it delivered 22,000 units of its Model 3 mid-size electric sedan, which is up from his previous estimate of 19,000 cars, but still several thousand units below an analyst consensus of 28,000. He bases this estimate on data from InsideEVs.com, GreenCarReports.com, and registration bureaus in various European countries.

What European countries are registering Model 3s?

• Analyst David Tamberrino also questions whether Tesla can sustain a Model 3 production rate of 5,000 cars per week.
Tesla is expected to release its second-quarter production and delivery numbers in the first few days of July. Goldman analyst David Tamberrino expects the company to report it delivered 22,000 units of its Model 3 mid-size electric sedan, which is up from his previous estimate of 19,000 cars, but still several thousand units below an analyst consensus of 28,000. He bases this estimate on data from InsideEVs.com, GreenCarReports.com, and registration bureaus in various European countries.

He talks about Model S/X sales too so I think that’s why he’s getting data from europe. When SP moves up you can always depend on Goldman to publish negativity, sometimes 2X per quarter if no one cares about his message.

What do I want to see in a Tesla Pickup? Refrigerated keg in the frunk, So obvious.

BTW, anyone know a microbrew that would like to produce the Tesla Bear Beer label? We could be entrepreneurs like Elon and make this happen.

Credit goes to Eddie and Justin of the "Plug Your Ride" podcast, but a good bear brew that hasn't been mentioned:
Go Frunk Yourself

Well, at least he is consistent....

Status
Not open for further replies.