Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
is this a set up for a huge selloff monday? as @jhm suggested, the downdraft for a buying opportunity. but i dunno. this is low volume selling pressure, bc buyers aren’t there. it’s easy pickings for the sellers. with this week about to be digested, what’s the setup for next week. holiday in middle of week. lots of vacations, meaning less volume, adding to the downward pressure if whatever “news” everyone’s expecting doesn’t live up to hype, it’s going to be ugly before it gets pretty. thoughts?

buy side already out of office, another $2 + down

is this a set up for a huge selloff monday? as @jhm suggested, the downdraft for a buying opportunity. but i dunno. this is low volume selling pressure, bc buyers aren’t there. it’s easy pickings for the sellers. with this week about to be digested, what’s the setup for next week. holiday in middle of week. lots of vacations, meaning less volume, adding to the downward pressure if whatever “news” everyone’s expecting doesn’t live up to hype, it’s going to be ugly before it gets pretty. thoughts?
this is a word salad and you are just nervous

the answer is: we arent really sure, could be negative news and stock pops, could be good news and stock tanks, no way to know

What is EXTRA exciting is the fact that as much hype as there is for Q2 deliveries and financials, there is probably going to be 10x more for Q3

This stock is so addicting!

On a more on topic note, I'm almost surprised Tesla is doing as well as they are! Considering they've pissed off Wall Street, Big Oil, Big Auto, and an entire political cult that is currently running the country it's a wonder they've gotten this far.

Yes.

Only because I believe that Tesla has irreversibly tipped the scales do I dare to write this now. But for several years I have worried that Elon Musk would suddenly meet with a fatal accident. I mean, apart from all of the above he has also caused Russia (basically a failed petro state) to pull out of the market for commercial space launches, to name just one more major industry disrupted by Elon. On top of that comes the worry that Elon Musk may very well put a lot of people of out work in his country of residence, a country unique for having an otherwise innocuous phrase such as "going postal" imply something very sinister. But I take comfort in his statement (quoting from memory): "I am likely to engage in a set of actions that will maximize my life span"...

Apologies for the mood of this post, but the Ambien that was supposed to be next to the Red wine is missing...

Yes.

Only because I believe that Tesla has irreversibly tipped the scales do I dare to write this now. But for several years I have worried that Elon Musk would suddenly meet with a fatal accident. I mean, apart from all of the above he has also caused Russia (basically a failed petro state) to pull out of the market for commercial space launches, to name just one more major industry disrupted by Elon. On top of that comes the worry that Elon Musk may very well put a lot of people of out work in his country of residence, a country unique for having an otherwise innocuous phrase such as "going postal" imply something very sinister. But I take comfort in his statement (quoting from memory): "I am likely to engage in a set of actions that will maximize my life span"...

Apologies for the mood of this post, but the Ambien that was supposed to be next to the Red wine is missing...

Damn you man, damn you all to hell... for saying something I constantly fear but am afraid of saying...

As I've said a few times, I don't believe the news will be disappointing given Elo's insistence on multiple occasions that we're in for something special. If it's a damp-squib then he's going to look really stupid. He'd have kept his mouth *sugar* otherwise.

But you never know... Sometimes it's a weird existence being long on Tesla...

Reactions: wipster
Damn you man, damn you all to hell... for saying something I constantly fear but am afraid of saying...

Same here. I always fear that he might have an "accident".

On the other hand, I think JB would drive Tesla forward with just as much success, but of course without their Talisman it would be a shock.

BWTF are we talking about anyway, stop!!!

As I've said a few times, I don't believe the news will be disappointing given Elo's insistence on multiple occasions that we're in for something special. If it's a damp-squib then he's going to look really stupid. He'd have kept his mouth *sugar* otherwise.

But you never know... Sometimes it's a weird existence being long on Tesla...

i hear you
can’t see delv being exceptional considering hold for Q3 200k. prod above 5k iffy, and the first media headline will say it’s not sustainable, maintaining at least 1/2 full (fossil) fuel level for shorts. and i’ve maintained something else must be up, given his conf level. maybe the delivery #s and some color on current production is just the opening act for something bigger, wishful thinking by me.

i hear you
can’t see delv being exceptional considering hold for Q3 200k. prod above 5k iffy, and the first media headline will say it’s not sustainable, maintaining at least 1/2 full (fossil) fuel level for shorts. and i’ve maintained something else must be up, given his conf level. maybe the delivery #s and some color on current production is just the opening act for something bigger, wishful thinking by me.

Q2 deliveries are irrelevant, it's the numbers going forward from here that matter, and I think Elon might surprise us there.

Also we'll likely get the Chinese GF with some kind of capital injection announcement, they could use the shareholder letter for this, or wait until ER.

TE is about to do stuff too, I think. But what do I know... As much as the rest of us and nobody.

On top of that comes the worry that Elon Musk may very well put a lot of people of out work in his country of residence, a country unique for having an otherwise innocuous phrase such as "going postal"

BTW The US hasn't had a postal worker engage in a mass shooting in a while. The US Postal Service is required by law to give preferential treatment to military veterans and ends up hiring a lot of veterans with PTSD. USPS managers are now trained to spot PTSD and when such veterans need help. Evidently, this has been quite effective.

Alternatively, the USA could try to catch up with the rest of the world and abolish the laws that protect the dealership monopoly. You know, deregulate and let the market decide what works best.
Dumb question but are there no dealerships in Germany or the rest of the world? If you want to buy a Volkswagen there do you just show up at the factory? What about non-German cars are their dealerships for those?

Official delivery numbers get posted within a few days usually.
It would be quite fitting imo if they announce really positive numbers and the China factory on the 4th.

BTW The US hasn't had a postal worker engage in a mass shooting in a while. The US Postal Service is required by law to give preferential treatment to military veterans and ends up hiring a lot of veterans with PTSD. USPS managers are now trained to spot PTSD and when such veterans need help. Evidently, this has been quite effective.
This relates to a story I can tell about my experience, and helps explain a lot. There are often programs like the one I witnessed “Helmets to Hardhats” that put military into construction, but what they end up doing is stuffing all the headcases into those programs because most the regular folks end up finding their own post-military work I presume. I was working building some new Google office space when one “helmets to headcases” guy went postal on me. It happened so fast I didn’t even know it was happening before two younger ex-servicemen stopped him from physically accosting me, holding this rabid headcase back from physically getting at me! When I looked up, it took a while for me to process what was even going on. These wackos really do exist in ways hard for us regular folk to imagine! Maybe the training to spot PTSD made it to the other two younger servicemen that helped stop him from attacking me. I swiftly left the area and had dispatch send me elsewhere, which seemed to do the trick.

It makes me wonder if what @RobStark said is correct: is it possible to spot the signs early? Now that I experienced that, I can have my antenna out for some of the stuff, but that one guy snapped superweird fast and as a great surprise to me. But theoretically, trained bosses who have to manage that can successfully manage it. I’d love to know some of the techniques, just in case it happens again.

I would dial back expectstions a bit. He made those comments three weeks ago when he was beaming with confidence, lots could change in 3 weeks. Have dry powder in case.

Also re-iterated those comments 12 days ago.
Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 4.32.06 PM.png

scored some at 343

Reactions: jhm and wipster
that’s pretty awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.