Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something is wrong. I can't seem to find Ford on this list of top car makers. I must need new glasses or a bigger phablet.
333-3.png

Looks like nobody is now building more plug-in cars per week than Tesla.

Last edited:
Nice. What's your exit strategy?
Going to sell all the calls over and above $500 strike price by September most likely but it all depends on the speed with which the stock price climbs up there’s no point in holding calls with strike price over $500 if the stock does not go parabolic because those OTM calls will all expire worthless if they’re not liquidated at least three or four months prior to expiration which is January 2019

Calls below $500 strike price are very likely to be in the money by year end so I might decide to hold them longer and see what happens

I might more actively trade the calls in my tax-free account because the rest of the calls in my taxable account already have long-term capital gains so I’ll liquidate them once and for all and never look back

The smartest strategy is to liquidate all the calls After a parabolic move over the next few months and then sit out and wait in cash and after a major pullback buy more stock because long-term Tesla is going to go to $3000-$6000 a share over the next five years or so maybe even sooner
I have tons of strategies in my mind which can make huge returns over the next five years with call options alone But the real big money will be made by holding the common for 3 to 5 years at least

I anticipate a lot of resistance at 380-390. If we break that, some chartists think 429 is next.

For example
Well if you look at the long-term quarterly and monthly charts then the upper bollinger is close to $390 and Once the monthly chart breaks the upper bollinger and starts riding up The bollinger then all bets are off and $400 $500 or even $600 can be accomplished relatively fast we will see

Reactions: neroden
A gap up tomorrow is inevitable the question is whether the SP goes up 7 to 10% tomorrow or even higher
In any case expect to make huge returns on short term call options and margin
Leverage rocks!
I caution that July 4 holiday has historically been a time for bear raids. I would expect a rise in the morning, but I'd expect an aggressive bear raid Monday -- massive FUD and big short-selling -- and I'd expect it to repeat on the short trading day on Tuesday. Then I expect more FUD on Tuesday evening and on July 4th. Bears may be able to make an attack in the Thursday-Friday session too, and I expect more FUD over next weekend.

It is possible that Tesla has got announcements timed for the holiday and next weekend to nullify the FUD -- after all, they haven't announced Q2 deliveries yet. But I would be cautious about the weird trading week next week, when a lot of the big traders are on holiday. The week after is *likely* to see an inexorable rise...

...but what do I know, I'm usually wrong about short-term stuff!

Tesla Model 3 = #21 Best Selling Car In USA. #15 In May? #6 In June Or July? | CleanTechnica
Referring back to this chart of April's sales... I know the numbers have all changed since then, but for July, the Model 3 could be the number-four-selling car in the USA, displacing the Honda Accord. Maybe even the #3 selling car in the USA, displacing the Toyota Corolla!!! <gulps>

UPDATE: I found some May 2018 figures on www.goodcarbadcar.net. Looks like the Model 3 might scrape in at position #7 for June, and position #5 for July. Still... wow!!!
MAY 2018 USA CAR SALES
1 Honda Civic 34,349
2 Toyota Camry 29,965
3 Toyota Corolla 29,578
4 Honda Accord 28,212
5 Nissan Altima 23,030
6 Hyundai Elantra 20,762
7 Nissan Sentra 18,103
8 Ford Focus 16,144
9 Ford Fusion 15,253
10 Kia Forte 11,261

Wow indeed. I know Tesla doesn't report monthly car sales, but if they did, it would create a bunch of headlines and free publicity in early August when July numbers would be announced.

...which is kind of the wrong timing, I guess. Tesla reports quarterly deliveries, so early October is when the headlines and free publicity will be created. That's probably more useful, actually.

Reactions: Boomer19
On 50 year time compressed monthly chart of Tesla shows an area of upward consolidation lasting approximately three years from 2010 to 2013 followed by a parabolic rise lasting approximately a year and then 3 to 4 years of upward consolidation and we are about to see yet another parabolic rise which might last at least a year or so we will see

Something is wrong. I can't seem to find Ford on this list of top car makers. I must need new glasses or a bigger phablet.
333-3.png

Looks like nobody is now building more plug-in cars per week than Tesla.

Well, probably. In fact I think this is the case. But we really have zero insight into the ramp rates at BAIC or BYD. Or even Roewe or JAC, for that matter. Not enough gets translated from Simplified Chinese, so we still have an information shortage on this side of the Pacific. BAIC's production acceleration certainly surprised me. So I will not be surprised in the future if I am surprised again by Chinese EV production rate increases. ;-)

I caution that July 4 holiday has historically been a time for bear raids. I would expect a rise in the morning, but I'd expect an aggressive bear raid Monday -- massive FUD and big short-selling -- and I'd expect it to repeat on the short trading day on Tuesday. Then I expect more FUD on Tuesday evening and on July 4th. Bears may be able to make an attack in the Thursday-Friday session too, and I expect more FUD over next weekend.

It is possible that Tesla has got announcements timed for the holiday and next weekend to nullify the FUD -- after all, they haven't announced Q2 deliveries yet. But I would be cautious about the weird trading week next week, when a lot of the big traders are on holiday. The week after is *likely* to see an inexorable rise...

...but what do I know, I'm usually wrong about short-term stuff!

i agree. i hope we’re wrong. it’s fish in a barrel when volume is low... algos rule. a quick run up to pull in suckers and then a downdraft.

but, let’s see what else EM has up his sleeve. while i’m ecstatic that 5000 has been notched, im not sure it’s cause for immediate spike. in reality it should appease the market, but were not playing by our rules, the house is clearly against us. th next couple weeks could be much more like playing a rigged electronic poker machine, than say, at a hold’em table with 5 friends you know ;)

i think the point is, this is a scenario in which it’s much more comfortable to have been in early, the security of being able to just watch it unfold, and enjoy the ride.
short term plays, being forced to trade on the release of data, bc of your higher price points...well some people live for that too!

i’m kinda in both camps. so i can see the enthusiasm from everyone’s (in TMC) point of view. but i sleep much better the higher my confidence level goes.
luckily (well, more accurately, was more a constant cultivation and maintenance of several positions for months on end, pain pleasure pain pleasure lol) i have some low price points on the shortest term stuff coming up. i’d like to keep at least 75% of my current unrealized PnL on those positions. the longer term stuff, and my stock...not too worried about. just some perspective is all.

i’ll tell you one thing though...helluva progress on that tesla team!!! can’t effing wait for my car!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.