Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not be surprised to see the stock fall. Seems we often get counterintuitive moves. I think this week is likely to be under 5000 produced, but I thought Elon targeting 6000 cars next month as a big deal. 5000 was the June target, not THE target. Looking forward to July deliveries, and looking forward to an average of close to 6000 cars a week in Q3 and 7000 in Q4. Tesla could be the best selling car in America in July, hitting 30,000 with the stockpile and push. It’ll be interesting to see how fast they can ship and deliver to customers.
Also think there Friday will have a China and major TE announcement. Batteries to Saudi Arabia possibly.

Black swan could be in flight as well. A total trade meltdown seems possible. Trying to stay neutral and hope there’s a plan.

I would not be surprised to see the stock fall. Seems we often get counterintuitive moves. I think this week is likely to be under 5000 produced, but I thought Elon targeting 6000 cars next month as a big deal. 5000 was the June target, not THE target. Looking forward to July deliveries, and looking forward to an average of close to 6000 cars a week in Q3 and 7000 in Q4. Tesla could be the best selling car in America in July, hitting 30,000 with the stockpile and push. It’ll be interesting to see how fast they can ship and deliver to customers.
Also think there Friday will have a China and major TE announcement. Batteries to Saudi Arabia possibly.

Black swan could be in flight as well. A total trade meltdown seems possible. Trying to stay neutral and hope there’s a plan.

It's possible, seen it before, depends on what FUD gets out there and how plausible it is. This is what I was talking about with the NYT. We can see the positive, but if an article is framed in a negative way, that's the way it will be perceived by the general public. There was an article posted today, by Bloomberg I think, and while the article was pretty positive, there were numerous highlighted sentences that discussed accidents, fires, etc., that is what the normal viewer would focus on and never even read the positive.

Let's hope we get some great articles published that highlight just what huge strides Tesla Motors and Energy are making and written so that folks come away impressed by Tesla's past, present, and especially future!

And this will be an interesting week, my bet is close to or over 400 by week's end!

Reactions: neroden
I think the stock price is well positioned and the 5k news is solid. Bears will seek to attack. If bulls are too strong in the morning. They'll attack again later in the day. If bulls are strong through Monday, they'll test again on Tuesday. I don't think that shorts are ready to capitulate.

But Musk is still not done delivering good news. So it is fine for the bears to have a few swipes at the stock. Let them. Time is on the side of bulls. No need for bulls to get impatient. We are poised for a permanent elevation of price.

I'm eager to see a swift race take shape. At 1000 EVs per day, Tesla looks to take a decisive lead. Let's see who tries to challenge that lead. I expect the top challengers will come from China. As Tesla and Chinese companies step up the pace of the race, other major auto makers may fall well behind. They may never be able to match the pace and so lose massive market share in the long run. The race is just starting.
I expect South Korea (LG or Samsung perhaps) to jump in. China needs to supply China right now. South Korea already has a strong car presence here and LG may begin making more profit per GM EV sold than GM. There's room for 3 big players just in USA.

• Informative
Reactions: wipster and jhm
You mean the one that's now over a month behind schedule? The one that was targeting 2500/week from March 25 - 31 (and still hasn't hit that target)? The one that still has 2.35B CapEx planned for this year, despite a negative 2.2B working capital? The one that was promised to be sold for 35k, but the cheapest option is 48k+?

I don't think it's a solid investment strategy to hang your hopes on Elon's promise of 5k/week. It looks like they are running out of cash well before that target.

Just to understand the bulls here: what do you think happens to TSLA if they can't hit 5k/week?
Matt, what do you think happens to TSLA now that Tesla hit 5k/wk?

I think we hit the $400 mark tomorrow!!

More good news to come. Exciting days!!

Attachments

• 857C02E7-DCDC-4E9B-A748-303D755AF94B.png
    857C02E7-DCDC-4E9B-A748-303D755AF94B.png
    367.8 KB · Views: 96
Status
Not open for further replies.