Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That translates to sustainable 5000k Model 3 - or?[/QUOTE

Yup your right, it's all smoke and mirrors. Just another Elon Musk publicity stunt. Doesn't mean anything.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

Who cares? Let's assume for a minute that it't not sustainable. They drop down to 4000 sustained. Where were they 3 months ago? Are they making more cars? Are the cars getting delivered? Is the quality improving? Is the Supercharger network growing? Are they expanding? Are they creating more jobs? Need I go on?

How 'bout we enjoy the moment before all shorts and analyst start moving those goalposts again.

Dan

Last edited:
So the shorts will now argue that this 5k was just a burst? Like they figure out how to make 5k per week once and then never again?

The short thesis has never been this laughably weak
We'll get to see what the shorts' FUD burst rate is over the next few days. Must get tiring doing all that cutting and pasting. But, c'mon, see if you can crank out 1000 FUD peices per day. We'll see how long you last.

Last edited:
That's the difference though, we can disseminate the good info, but the basic reader who isn't a Tesla fan(atic) like us most likely only saw the negative. I expected better, but I guess that doesn't sell papers...

NYT has consistently show their management is more interested in payback for having been called out and humiliated for a phony hit piece on the Model S. The article is however a graduate level journalism textbook on how to steer an article to the desired conclusion by selectively varying how far you go down to more detailed and contextually correct levels on the various topics covered.

Last edited:
And what exactly makes you think this is unsustainable?
All hands on deck? Getting people from other jobs? You cannot go long on something like that. I mean, that should be obvious to anyone...

You're moving the goalposts and clutching at straws at the same time. Must have those short hands full.
You seem to mistake me for some other nick.

Dosen't matter. They always sustain or exceed burst rate by end of following quarter.
Indeed, they should achieve honest 5k/week soon enough. What amuses me is that some people behave like it matters a lot if current 5k/week is burst or not. Pointing out current 5k/week is burst seems to induce pretty emotional reaction.

All hands on deck? Getting people from other jobs? You cannot go long on something like that. I mean, that should be obvious to anyone...

You seem to mistake me for some other nick.

Indeed, they should achieve honest 5k/week soon enough. What amuses me is that some people behave like it matters a lot if current 5k/week is burst or not. Pointing out current 5k/week is burst seems to induce pretty emotional reaction.

I think I was misinterpreting what you were suggesting, I apologise. I just have an overly sensitive short troll radar currently and it sometimes misfires.

Whilst I agree this is a burst rate, I don't think it will be long before they comfortably exceed this rate. They will likely drop (slightly?) below it short-term, so it is unsustainable in that sense. But longer term only unsustainable because it will be comfortably exceeded rather than sustained. ;)

NYT has consistently show their management is more interested in payback for having been called out and humiliated for a phony hit piece on the Model S. The article is however a graduate level journalism textbook on how to steer an article to the desired confusion by selectively varying how far you go down to more detailed and contextually correct levels on the various topics covered.

I think I like your post, but the second sentence has definitely steered me to the desired confusion... can you restate in maybe the 10th grade level?

Yup your right, it's all smoke and mirrors. Just another Elon Musk publicity stunt. Doesn't mean anything.

GIVE ME A BREAK!

How cares? Let's assume for a minute that it't not sustainable. They drop down to 4000 sustained. Where were they 3 months ago? Are they making more cars? Are the cars getting delivered? Is the quality improving? Is the Supercharger network growing? Are they expanding? Are they creating more jobs? Need I go on?

How 'bout we enjoy the moment before all shorts and analyst start moving those goalposts again.

Dan

Im happy as one can be.

I was simply doing the math in some seconds after that tweet.

The meaning was: Do 7k in 7 days translate to 5k Model 3 and the rest S/X?
That seems to be answered by others.

If that was a burst doesn’t bother me, because 7 days is incredible !

(
Find my Gratulation some pages back)

Not every question has an implication.

Happy holidays and good night.

I disagree. While it may be interpreted as a hit piece I don't think it included any typical misinformation bits. I'd say it's a level-headed article taking a peek into the (still) new kid on the block of automotive industry.
Just because article about Tesla is not uber-bullish-with-pink-glasses-on doesn't mean it's a hit piece. Just like any drop in SP doesn't mean shorts are attacking or manipulating the market (that'd be insane power).

You are welcome to your opinion, however dozens of people active on TMC for years could (if they wished to expend the time) go through this latest hit piece paragraph by paragraph and detail the misinformation and exclusion of detail that would show the negative points made to be highly questionable individually and glaringly biased in the aggregate.
There is nothing about there being any underlying reason why Musk sets seemingly impossible goals. Nor that at the end of each example of doing so, the end result has been amazingly successful. Regardless of whether the end of Q2 weekly rate is 5000, 4800 or 4500, the reality is Tesla is now half way to producing a half million per year rate, of the most advanced and cost effective EVs in the world. And that it's successes have forced the ICE manufacturers to get serious about EVs a decade sooner than they would have preferred.

Tesla Model 3 = #21 Best Selling Car In USA. #15 In May? #6 In June Or July? | CleanTechnica
Referring back to this chart of April's sales... I know the numbers have all changed since then, but for July, the Model 3 could be the number-four-selling car in the USA, displacing the Honda Accord. Maybe even the #3 selling car in the USA, displacing the Toyota Corolla!!! <gulps>

UPDATE: I found some May 2018 figures on www.goodcarbadcar.net. Looks like the Model 3 might scrape in at position #7 for June, and position #5 for July. Still... wow!!!
MAY 2018 USA CAR SALES
1 Honda Civic 34,349
2 Toyota Camry 29,965
3 Toyota Corolla 29,578
4 Honda Accord 28,212
5 Nissan Altima 23,030
6 Hyundai Elantra 20,762
7 Nissan Sentra 18,103
8 Ford Focus 16,144
9 Ford Fusion 15,253
10 Kia Forte 11,261

Last edited:
Im happy as one can be.

I was simply doing the math in some seconds after that tweet.

The meaning was: Are 7000k in 7 days 5000k Model 3 in that week and 2000k S/X

If that was a burst doesn’t bother me, because 7 days is incredible !

(
Find my Gratulation some pages back)

Not every question has an implication.
Sorry, it is just getting more and more infuriating seeing all this non stop, unsudstantiated FUD.

I need to up my alcohol consumption I think! LOL!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.