Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure they're gonna make those announcements... though I wish they would :)

I certainly hope they don't make weekly announcements! Just more ammunition for the shorts to put out FUD! I think it should stay as it is, a couple days after the end of the quarter.

Fight FUD with sustained production announcements makes lots of sense.

FUD hurts perception and may impact consumer confidence in the product.

Untested brakes, fires, autopilot crashes, quality build, unsafe working conditions,
Paint fires, mountains of scrap, and on and on.

Predicting a squeeze is uncalled for.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: wipster and ggies07

That's great if they have steadily gaining sustained production, but what if they don't for some reason? Do you really want Tesla to explain everything they do and every move they make on the production lines? And does that include S and X production too?

That's just asking for negative conjecture by the usual suspects...

Last edited:
Of course it’s predicated on a sustained increase in production,
When they know it’s at a steady state above 5000.

That's a single press release, not weekly production reports, and that's OK, normal business in fact. Rest assured, Elon and crew are going to get grilled on sustained production during next month's quarterly report call.

Reactions: Lessmog
I dispute point (1): yes, it raises capital, but Tesla doesn't have to go to the market to do it, so the short view that Tesla can't convince the market to invest more is irrelevant.
The rest of your questions devolve from that, so they are irrelevant too.

I'd go one step further.

It's no different than refinancing the converts (with senior notes, trade financing, line borrowing, securitization etc...). In fact, it's better because it cleverly de-levers the company somewhat (with less friction than a common raise) and allows it to borrow more when it needs/wants to.

Agreed.

However, "The times they are a'changing."

You, Bob Dylan, Hegel, and even the Buddha, all agree. You have good company. No change without digestion. The second law always prevails; that's life. I'm not smart enough to prove it, but it could be even Einstein's theory of gravity is a direct consequence of the second law.

Untested brakes, fires, autopilot crashes, quality build, unsafe working conditions,
Paint fires, mountains of scrap, and on and on.

Predicting a squeeze is uncalled for.
I don't think that is a good idea at all. Chasing short term numbers hurt long term goal. That's why Buffet is not a fan of quarterly guidance. Specially in Tesla's case. Innovation means assuming risks. Risks means potential setbacks, even big ones. You don't want Tesla to become short sighted by the pressure from short term numbers. Once is per quarter is bad enough. All the time? No sensible engineers want to work for that company.

You, Bob Dylan, Hegel, and even the Buddha, all agree. You have good company. No change without digestion. The second law always prevails; that's life. I'm not smart enough to prove it, but it could be even Einstein's theory of gravity is a direct consequence of the second law.

Ha! Please don't include me with that bunch, all I can do is quote (and misquote) their prose. The one thing I have said is that the only thing constant is change... but gravity is probably another! Hope we're around long enough to figure out how it works (but I doubt it). Give Elon some time though...

Ha! Please don't include me with that bunch, all I can do is quote (and misquote) their prose. The one thing I have said is that the only thing constant is change... but gravity is probably another! Hope we're around long enough to figure out how it works (but I doubt it). Give Elon some time though...

Don't sell yourself short, then. I'm constantly threatened by the nightmare that everything is derivative. But we have to have some shoulders to stand upon. Elon's are pretty broad too, but he seems to be as much clay in the hands of women as the rest of us. I'm blest by finding my significant mother, despite the oedipal connotation.

• Love
Reactions: wipster
Don't sell yourself short, then. I'm constantly threatened by the nightmare that everything is derivative. But we have to have some shoulders to stand upon. Elon's are pretty broad too, but he seems to be as much clay in the hands of women as the rest of us. I'm blest by finding my significant mother, despite the oedipal connotation.

ROFLMAO!!! I love your description of Elon, been there, done that... I would not be who I am without my former spouse and for that I'm forever grateful. I did turn her on to Tesla though...

Reactions: imherkimer
My daughter who has never invested a cent in her life bought 80 shares at $300 today when it was going back up. I warned her about volatility so she is aware it may go lower at some point.

I'm hopeful that's a good price -- I'd specifically talk to her about Q2 earnings volatility. Other than that, I'm optimistic about TSLA for the rest of this year. Unfortunately for me, I bought high this last go-round.

Status
Not open for further replies.