Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
heavy effort by those with shorts to flood the tweets from Elon today with their false narratives amid the responses to his tweets. for those unfamiliar with twitter, most liked replies to each of Elon’s tweets filter to the top. currently short false narratives are filtering to the top. you can vote with your twitter account by liking tweets that are based on the facts.

Steve, I really don't think you should talk about Elon's teeets... TMI

• Funny
Reactions: bdy0627 and SteveG3
From what I am seeing the language is applicable in case of a fundamental change - as in a full cash takeover of the firm.

Will send a screengrab to both of you.

I am no expert just would like you guys to take a closer look.

A better source is the prospectus page s-41

We are permitted to increase the applicable conversion rate of either or both series of notes by any amount for a period of at least 20 business days if our board of directors or a committee thereof determines that such increase would be in our best interest. We may also (but are not required to) increase the applicable conversion rate to avoid or diminish income tax to holders of our common stock or rights to purchase shares of our common stock in connection with a dividend or distribution of shares (or rights to acquire shares) or similar event.

http://ir.teslamotors.com/static-files/bba88fdc-1a01-4a52-87fe-7ada6137a542

I think that's only true for selling. I'm pretty sure he can buy as much as he wants, whenever he wants - he just has to disclose it. No?
Not if he has material non-public information at the time. For example, if he knows there's going to be a press release after market tonight about a factory in Shanghai or something.

A better source is the prospectus page s-41

We are permitted to increase the applicable conversion rate of either or both series of notes by any amount for a period of at least 20 business days if our board of directors or a committee thereof determines that such increase would be in our best interest. We may also (but are not required to) increase the applicable conversion rate to avoid or diminish income tax to holders of our common stock or rights to purchase shares of our common stock in connection with a dividend or distribution of shares (or rights to acquire shares) or similar event.

http://ir.teslamotors.com/static-files/bba88fdc-1a01-4a52-87fe-7ada6137a542

Thanks Brian... I was wondering under which section that language was in. But the docs look pretty straightforward. Now I am pretty convinced, market is overlooking this and the liquidity question is much more overblown than necessary.

Not if he has material non-public information at the time. For example, if he knows there's going to be a press release after market tonight about a factory in Shanghai or something.

It may be wishful thinking, but what about if he knows about either a criminal complaint or a lawsuit against Chanos for market manipulation - would that count as material, non-public information?

• Helpful
Reactions: neroden and Lessmog
007‏ @TrendTrader007 47s48 seconds ago
$TSLA boy oh boy! if we end the day positive with a really long hammer and sustain it over the next 2 or 3 days then you will see the kind of short squeeze only reserved for textbooks i totally this short burn of the century @elonmusk is very much right on schedule
Oooooh ... tt7, this could just be a testing of the strength of the FUD machine, and it was found wanting, and while we should have some confidence in the fundamentals of the factory progress, how that's interpreted has caught you in the past, so don't go ... you know. Overleveraged.

I think that's the difference between tt & me: I look at the long term and he looks at the ... in his name. And he had more to show for it at some point, so there's that.

Last edited:
Oooooh ... tt7, this could just be a testing of the strength of the FUD machine, and it was found wanting, and while we should have some confidence in the fundamentals of the factory progress, how that's interpreted has caught you in the past, so don't go ... you know. Overleveraged.
i am overleveraged as always and too late for me the only thing between me and the next margin call is $290
i am super confident that $300 will hold

4.5 million shares in the first hour is low volume?

Thanks for the correction.

I tried and failed to make three points:

1) today looked good to me to do my small monthly buy and hold purchase.

2) I expect to see a lot of traders whipping the stock around within a range.

3) I think steady buying by enough people will move the stock out of the current range, and scare off the carrion eaters.

It may be wishful thinking, but what about if he knows about either a criminal complaint or a lawsuit against Chanos for market manipulation - would that count as material, non-public information?
I guess it would depend on whether someone in the SEC thought it was material. (Clearly, at this instant, it would be non-public.) If the stock price suddenly rose a lot, they might think the knowledge was material. IANASECL.

• Helpful
Reactions: Lessmog
I guess it would depend on whether someone in the SEC thought it was material. (Clearly, at this instant, it would be non-public.) If the stock price suddenly rose a lot, they might think the knowledge was material. IANASECL.

Actually, I figure it would not be legal but my goal was more in line with posting something and trying to get the bots to respond to "Chanos indicted for fraud"

Hummm, it is nothing fundamental to Tesla's business or activities (does not change the real business case)...
The converse would be, is knowing someone is full of poo, when others believe them to be truthful, MNPI?

• Disagree
Reactions: Drax7

Why would that be? They’ve already mentioned the China GF. Would just announcing a partnership be enough.

If this would be true, It seems to me there is basically no time when Elon could buy because he always has inside knowledge that can’t be divulged.

Status
Not open for further replies.