Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you are asking for baseless speculation. How 'bout this? Audi and Tesla agree to partner in shared Supercharger infrastructure. It seems like that alone would be enough to boost investor confidence in both companies. I'm totally making this up.

No @jhm, I am not asking for 'baseless speculation'. If I was interested in baseless speculation I would have used another site to ask for that kind of response. I posted my question here on TMC because I am continually amazed at the amount of news/information people find and share before I ever run across it. The two top-moving auto stocks trading more than 5% above all the other auto stocks I follow, and trading within 0.1% of each other certainly seems like a reason to ask an informed board if anyone on TMC might have some idea why, doesn't it? I just wanted to know if I missed some news regarding the correlation, or if someone knew why Audi was up so much when Germany seems so neutral on EV's.

Wow, you are asking for baseless speculation. How 'bout this? Audi and Tesla agree to partner in shared Supercharger infrastructure. It seems like that alone would be enough to boost investor confidence in both companies. I'm totally making this up.

I believe Tesla would do this and turn Superchargers and all the stuff around them like Coffee shops and restaurants into a profit center. Since Audi owned by VW and VW has to build a huge charging network because of Diesel gate, why would Audi want to help Tesla. I think Tesla would do it, im suspect why Audi would when its not clear that VW really believes in EVs.

Today was my best day for my TSLA positions ever. Over 70% of my gains came from short puts, the rest from shares. Now that's what I call market action! And all for no apparent reason.

At this rate I might even do better than last January.

Holy crap...You're either highly leveraged or just plain ole' wealthy. Either way, congrats!

Last edited by a moderator:

Nice walk down memory lane. Actually I'm not sure if I ever saw that 60 minutes episode. Really interesting to see him so hurt almost to the point of tears regarding SpaceX and what people were saying about him / them. Those were some tough days.

In many ways, things are not easier now. More balls to move forward. Only advantage now is that funding currently easier to come by.

What a story!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: MitchJi
Is this in so cal?
Yes, Marina Del Rey location. When I was there they said they were delivering 100 that day alone and that was 10 days ago. I assumed he meant Model 3's but may have included S's and X's. In the 2 hours I was there I did see them deliver 2 or 3 S's. The rest were all 3's. It is amazing what they did with that Marina Del Rey location in such a short time since Tesla leased it. Place looked wonderful. Today I had another short conversation with my contact for the delivery of my son's Model 3 which arrives in less than 4 weeks. He said they are working as fast as possible. Even though rushed, the service Tesla provides and patience on the phone is superb. Dealing with Tesla is like dealing with a small town Mom and Pop. Quite refreshing.

MOD INPUT:
A post, and a referring post, have been edited or deleted to remove sensitive information.

This Moderator counsels ALL to refrain from broadcasting specific account amounts. It really, really is not a good idea.

Nevertheless, this post is to be taken as, and only as, advice. Anyone who insists on treading where angels fear to will not be stopped.

Lemme tell ya a lil story about how somebody knew something about TSLA this AM
It’s no secret that I’m one of the biggest TSLA bulls out there and have been buying both stock and calls like crazy since 12/19/16. I added common on 1/4/18 and last night I decided that TSLA was about to go up big time in short order so I figured I’d buy tons of OTM calls. So this AM I put in limit orders for tons of OTM calls at 0820 hrs CST 10 minutes before market open. I put in limit price well above the prevailing market price. Guess how many got filled.
Zero!
I waited and waited for what seemed like an eternity till 0845 hrs and still no fill! Meantime the stock went from red to up 1%. Someone knew something and simply did not want to sell me calls despite my bid much higher than ask.
I threw up my hands in exasperation and Canceled all my orders and in sheer panic and desperation bought all my calls at the market. I still made over 20% return by the end of the day but still....
Lesson of the story...buying panic is about to set in on both shorts and Longs and 2018 is slated to be a huge year for TSLA longs
BTW, I agree with the moderator.. if you have to broadcast your profits then you’re clearly not rich enough
As JP Getty said if you can count your money then you’re not rich

Status
Not open for further replies.