Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Market now expects
.earnings beat (compared to estimates)
.M3 ramp with 1K/week, 2.5K/week by end of quarter

Also M3 continues to get good reviews ..

As long as above continue to be true ... SP keeps its momentum (hope)

Also, overall macros with tax reform, and now most likely infrastructure spending coming up to boost the Eco ...

upload_2018-1-8_17-17-29.png

Tesla is up 5.8%. Audi is up 4.5% at the moment. All other auto stocks appear to be trading positive at the moment with the exception of two - GM and Ford are the only auto stocks in the red.

I get GM and Ford trading negative. In fact I don't understand why they are trading as high as they are. But Audi is an enigma to me. They seemed to escape the VW diesel gate and they seem to rise on EV news even though we don't yet hear of them fully embracing a transition. What is Audi doing that separates them from VW and BMW?

update - GM just made it back to 0.0%

I've posted this in the Technical Analysis thread, but it may bear repeating here:

This morning TSLA has punched above both its 50-day Simple Moving Average of $317.48 and its 200-day SMA of $332.04. If those are still supportive at the close, that could bode quite well for the future of the share price.

Reactions: Papafox and Gerardf
Status
Not open for further replies.