Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is four times faster production speed 5x original speed (base production + 4x production) or just four times as much as base production(base x 4)?

Just to understand correctly.
I was sure someone will ask this detail, surprised it took this long.

My take, Elon's projection is very vague and it's not possible to really know what he means, or how concrete the #s are even in Elon's head, and if the letter is even real.

• Helpful
Reactions: Näky and mongo
Man, with the way macros are, today might have been another -10% day if not for that email.
possibly yes or maybe no. No because Tesla is not driven by macro fundamentals, which generally is associated with demand and for now demand is not an issue. yes short term momentum would have continued but the stock is trying to reverse ever since Friday and I guess it is reaching near bottom (at least for now). One can argue that raising equity is tougher in tight macro environment but we are talking about $1B here which should not be an issue in a low interest rate environment (assuming macro pain results in lower rates).

What I received was cutoff so any confidential label would not be visible. Also, note it was sent 3 am PDT so EM probably too tired.

The reason I’m confident in sourcIng although there is indirection involved is because I also received the Doug Field and Peter Hochlinger emails too through same channel. I didn’t bother posting them cuz others beat me to that leak.

I take the email so seriously that I did not buy any TSLA options or shares after I read it to avoid insider trading. Remember Martha Stewart? I’m not even sure if it’s legal to trade on it now after posting it here? Did that make it “public” enough? Any attorneys care to comment? What if I post it on SA also?

Thanks!

If this is a company-wide email, I can guarantee you this is fake. Everyone who gets it would be an insider, preventing them from trading.

Man, with the way macros are, today might have been another -10% day if not for that email.

I don't understand why some people worry about drops. Tesla has zero chance to go bankrupt, if you don't agree with this, you really shouldn't invest large size in Tesla. If you understand and agree, the rest is easy, keep buying. Then keep saving cash, hope to see better entry points down the road.

I don't know where is the bottom, I don't need to know. All I care is maximizing my cash generation capability, and hope TSLA doesn't run away too fast. Every big pullback is a gift, such as recent few days.

I don't understand why some people worry about drops. Tesla has zero chance to go bankrupt, if you don't agree with this, you really shouldn't invest large size in Tesla. If you understand and agree, the rest is easy, keep buying. Then keep saving cash, hope to see better entry points down the road.

I don't know where is the bottom, I don't need to know. All I care is maximizing my cash generation capability, and hope TSLA doesn't run away too fast. Every big pullback is a gift, such as recent few days.

Man I could use a little TT007 optimism right about now!

If this is a company-wide email, I can guarantee you this is fake. Everyone who gets it would be an insider, preventing them from trading.

Nope. Independently received and tweeted here at 5:57 am:

Problem Magnet on Twitter

Mine was a cell phone screen grab obviously not from that tweet.

Public corporations have "quiet periods" when employees can't trade btw.

Man I could use a little TT007 optimism right about now!
Too much optimism is not good. Have a sound plan, stick to the plan. Tesla has zero chance to bankrupt. In the worst case (which I don't think will happen), the company can be sold. On the upside, this stock will be MUCH higher in 5 years, 10 years, and 15 years.

TT007 is a nice guy and he is very experienced, but that optimism led to leverage... I hope he will do well.

Serious problems with my home construction project, issues with Tesla Service (...mostly settled now), problems with my broker (settled now), doing 2017 taxes (done), dealing with relapses in chronic illnesses (getting better again)... been a tough few months. Now that things start to stabilize, woo, a bear market :)

Hate to hear about the health problems, but happy to hear your doing better. I know we dont always agree, but I always learned a lot from your insights. That reminds me, I have taxes to finish myself.

Here is the email from Musk.

jePSJlK.jpg
Thank you for the full text. Not up to speed on all replies, but this is Elon saying 400,000 run rate by end of year. Assuming still about 100,000 for s/x, a 300k rate would be 6000 a week for 3s. Not as good as we’d like, but ending year cash flow positive is good. It does hurt not hitting this in Q3 to get the cash flow moving for semi and Y investments sooner.

Too much optimism is not good. Have a sound plan, stick to the plan. Tesla has zero chance to bankrupt. In the worst case (which I don't think will happen), the company can be sold. On the upside, this stock will be MUCH higher in 5 years, 10 years, and 15 years.

TT007 is a nice guy and he is very experienced, but that optimism led to leverage... I hope he will do well.
So the "worst case" buyer would assume the $25 billion in liabilities?

Status
Not open for further replies.