Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prepare for a big jump shortly on high volume when shorts finish with their dirty tricks.

We're still waiting for the reaction to the report from analysts. Possibly later today, but more likely before the opening tomorrow.

They may be most interested in learning that Tesla is: ...laying the groundwork for Q3 to have the long-sought ideal combination of high volume, good gross margin and strong positive operating cash flow. As a result, Tesla does not require an equity or debt raise this year...

If the Nasdaq can just have a mediocre day, TSLA would be fine. If it falls heavily again then TSLA will get pulled down with it. The power of the shorts is really incredible to me here. This report alleviated a lot of the latest FUD being slung around yet the stock is still roped down. If the shorts are putting a lot of money in to keep the stock grounded, as it appears, once it starts to really climb this could get explosive. But I'm guessing it will take a very large green day to shake their confidence at this point. It's coming...

We're still waiting for the reaction to the report from analysts. Possibly later today, but more likely before the opening tomorrow.

They may be most interested in learning that Tesla is: ...laying the groundwork for Q3 to have the long-sought ideal combination of high volume, good gross margin and strong positive operating cash flow. As a result, Tesla does not require an equity or debt raise this year...

I concur. Let's see how many analysts believe that statement...

If the Nasdaq can just have a mediocre day, TSLA would be fine. If it falls heavily again then TSLA will get pulled down with it. The power of the shorts is really incredible to me here. This report alleviated a lot of the latest FUD being slung around yet the stock is still roped down. If the shorts are putting a lot of money in to keep the stock grounded, as it appears, once it starts to really climb this could get explosive. But I'm guessing it will take a very large green day to shake their confidence at this point. It's coming...
I agree that we need NASDAQ to have a positive day. With all the negative news combined w/ such large losses w/in Nasdaq its been a perfect storm for $TSLA stock to get pounded! I can now see a quick jump in stock price if we can get a couple large volume buys. Once that happens a large amount of the Shorts will go running and in return, more gains. Let’s go $TSLA!!

I concur. Let's see how many analysts believe that statement...

Only a handful that will actually speak:
Adam Jonas - Morgan Stanley
James Albertine - Consumer Edge
Ben Kallo - RW Baird
Romit Shah - Nomura

I know it's a bit of a time capsule read but I think for new investors and new to this forum give this a read:
Musings on Markets: Tesla: It's a story stock, but what's the story?
Musings on Markets: A Tesla 2017 Update: A Disruptive Force and a Debt Puzzle!

...laying the groundwork for Q3 to have the long-sought ideal combination of high volume, good gross margin and strong positive operating cash flow. As a result, Tesla does not require an equity or debt raise this year...

That statement begins with:
Tesla continues to target a production rate of
approximately 5,000 units per week in about three months,

meaning, if they hit 5K they won't need money?
Everyones Are Always Parsing The Tesla Speakings:

Fortune mag quote from
A Feature of Tesla Cars Makes Crashes Especially Hard to Solve

"Tesla issued a statement on its website on Friday saying that the driver of the Model X in California, who was killed in the crash, was using the company’s semi-autonomous system and didn’t have his hands on the steering wheel for the six seconds before impact..."

Italicized bit is wrong.
Fault the Fortune writer, but...
They Spread disinfo and confusion with these statements.
I assume this is what they intend?

This contributes to my inner bear.
And pisses me off.

• Disagree
Reactions: Lhan and Lbkmxp100d
"Tesla issued a statement on its website on Friday saying that the driver of the Model X in California, who was killed in the crash, was using the company’s semi-autonomous system and didn’t have his hands on the steering wheel for the six seconds before impact..."

Italicized bit is wrong.
Fault the Fortune writer, but...
They Spread disinfo and confusion with these statements.
I assume this is what they intend?

This contributes to my inner bear.
And pisses me off.

The italicized bit is not quoted directly from the Tesla statement. The statement reads:

The driver had received several visual and one audible hands-on warning earlier in the drive and the driver’s hands were not detected on the wheel for six seconds prior to the collision. The driver had about five seconds and 150 meters of unobstructed view of the concrete divider with the crushed crash attenuator, but the vehicle logs show that no action was taken.

Nothing points to the official statement being untrue, as you are trying to imply.

You say "they spread disinfo", implying they = Tesla. This is completely false. Unproven at the most.

You contribute to my inner bull.

I'm just not seeing the bear argument at this point, other than believing that Tesla is lying, a.k.a. Enron.

- we're 3-4 months away from 5k 3's per week. They have more clarity than ever on that number.

- no cap raise this year, which probably means no significant cap raise this year.

- no cannibalization of S/X orders (that's a big deal).

- cash flow will improve dramatically, as they get paid for the car well before they have to pay suppliers.

-Beginning with Q3, Tesla will be producing over 300,000 vehicles per year, with solid gross margins.

Again, these are Porsche-esque numbers, except for the whole 50% growth rate and crazy demand thingy. Any comparison made with TSLA and F is asinine at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.