Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Troy's sheet shows ~35% configuration rates from Canadian invites, people are waiting for AWD, even at 40k reservations, that may not be enough of a "deep dump" without the AWD. Since it takes longer to ship to Canada to deliver, Tesla should make AWD available by early May in order for Canadians to have time to config, the Tesla have time to manufacture and deliver before end of June.
I'm going to have to go ahead and fully agree with you here (and with @ZsoZso they don't need to actually *deliver* by June). That's what I'm waiting for, although we like our old, slow, blind Dec 2013 S so much we'll likely cancel. However my son is having a hard time of it because he really wants AWD but he's been waiting for 10 years for the "buy" moment. In the EV group on Vancouver Island, there are 15-20 people I've talked to who also want AWD and are willing to wait to get it. There are a few others who are waiting for the non-optioned, least expensive version.

Sold some covered calls (4/6 strike 290) on Tuesday when the price was around 270 after the delivery number was already out figuring that price would not move too much in 3 days after the news was already out. Boy...was I wrong :-( I had to cover/roll earlier today with steep loss. Lesson learned: never sell covered calls when the price is low. Next time to sell any covered calls would be when the price is close to 400. Of course I will never sell any shares until at least year 2020 or 600+ share price.
Be careful, that may turn out to be even more painful lesson, as when SP starts moving, it may not stop for awhile. I've lost position in few great stocks this way, NFLX, FB and AMZN. Selling covered calls works best when you are ambivalent if you're going to sell at covered call price. Otherwise, you're picking pennies in front of a steamroller... Sure you can do it for awhile and looks easy, but mistake can be very costly...

Troy's sheet shows ~35% configuration rates from Canadian invites, people are waiting for AWD, (...)
or waiting for the SR...
That long range battery, with the exchange rate and the taxes is almost 14k. I can't really justify paying that much for the 150km range more, which I would probably not "use" more than twice a year. I know of two other people who reserved day one who are in the same boat.

• Informative
Reactions: Wenche
More FUD: Small Tesla Contractor Sues Car Maker, Claiming Nonpayment

This an immaterial item that would likely never get reported on for any other company of Tesla’s size - especially by the WSJ. Just ridiculous. At some point these “journalists” need to be called out for their biased reporting. Unfortunately, we will likely continue to see more of these types of stories as the ramp continues to gain momentum and the shorts (and those who hope for Tesla’s failure for other reasons) get ever more desperate.

That can't possibly be right. I've looked up the rules more than once. I know that withdrawals of property are just as good as withdrawals of cash from the point of view of the IRS. (Provided the property is liquid and has a clearly established value on the withdrawal date, which is the case with TSLA.)

Maybe it's a restriction set by your IRA custodian? That could be the case ~ not sure without asking the question. I do know that I can move stocks from my traditional IRA to the Joint account without having to sell before the move. Taxes are taxes, and paid as required. The Beneficiary IRA is an odd animal. USAA requires an annual letter/form stating clearly what my plan is for the RMD ~ every year. All the money must be withdrawn by my eighty-forth birth. As I am sure you already know, I had several option like taking it in a lump sum, or over three years (I think) or withdraw entirely by the 84th birthday. In 2013 when my father passed, I swapped the shell oil for Tesla and the rest is history. I will try to remember and check to see if that is a USAA issue about not transferring stock to a tax bearing account from a Beneficiary IRA account.

My father, where I got my dry humor, despite his dementia was handed his ninetieth birthday card by my wife ~ he smiled looked up at her and said, "I have never been that old before." He passed away about two weeks later ~ it was time to go be with mom:)

Well, you have to pay taxes in any case. Bottom line:-(

Well, if you're going to *spend* it, that's another matter. :) Yes, spending is the name of the game:-( I want more solar, a garage for charging both our X and our Tesla Pickup, new kitchen, and master bath ~ oh, and hardwood floor:) The wants of life:)

No, I was sick and overwhelmed. I am glad you are feeling better and well enough to play here:)

You may already know this, but I didn't until 4 or 5 years ago: If you already have a ROTH IRA, after you've already done the RMD for your traditional IRA, you can pay taxes on more of that IRA and convert it to a ROTH. The question is how much of it do you want to convert in a given year. Balance the taxes now vs. the future increased value of your ROTH.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Bottom line is the word Beneficiary:-( I keep asking the same question year after year, hoping for a new deal:)

Status
Not open for further replies.