Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NFLX up after market post earnings by (6%+)..18$
Markets and Tesla might pop tomorrow ..
Well, the market was up almost a percent today and that didn't have any positive effect on TSLA. I think it's a stretch to think it would tomorrow. The reality that we are seeing is that shorts are again quite strongly influencing the stock movement. I expect us to revisit at least the $280s again if not lower before we climb again. But with TSLA, who knows. I've seen enough negative drifting lately with TSLA that I've exited nearly all calls and shifted to shares. I think there is a decent chance that our recent climb is over and another substantial dip is coming. It's not clear yet because the stock movement has been totally choppy for the last 7 trading days. We either continue our climb above $309 soon or I think we will dip further. We will see soon.

• Informative
Reactions: Richard007
I would advise caution with substantially increasing leverage with TSLA right now. I think it would be prudent to wait until this choppy short-controlled action sorts itself out. If we don't hold at $289, I think there is a good chance we go down a lot further again. If so, I expect us to come back up to $300+ in short order, but having ridden call options down quite a ways in the past, it's no fun at all. It might be different this time, but from past TSLA stock patterns, I think it's getting likely that we head into another dip. I hope that's not the case but I'm staying primarily in shares right now.

After the last factory shutdown and a Tesla statement to say that it was intended to improve automation, there was a ~$20 share price increase because the market took it as a sign of progress with the ramp. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.
I thought making 3000 cars a week and projecting profits In 2018 would be bullish, but we’re down 10 bucks. Perhaps a plant shutdown will crater or shoot the stock up. Long term, I’d guess a plant shut down would involve making updates to software and process flow that will increase the slope of the ramp. Elon ignoring the doubters and doing the right thing is bullish for production and long term, that is all that will matter for the stock and if they hit 5000 before the end of June, I think the stock will take off. But I’m getting used to being wrong.

After the last factory shutdown and a Tesla statement to say that it was intended to improve automation, there was a ~$20 share price increase because the market took it as a sign of progress with the ramp. It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow.

“These periods are used to improve automation and systematically address bottlenecks in order to increase production rates,” a Tesla spokesperson said.

“This is not unusual and is in fact common in production ramps like this.”

Tesla temporarily shuts down Model 3 production in Fremont

Seemed to work out well in late Feb./March. Hopefully we'll see another significant improvement after this round.

If all I read were the headlines on Yahoo finance, I would be TSLA short too. Nothing but negatively spun garbage intentionally designed to drive the SP down by making Tesla sound terrible and like failure is inevitable. If you keep up on solar roof, battery backup, Semi progress, and what the other automakers are doing in the ICE and EV world by reading sites like Electek (in other words if you are actually informed), then being a TSLA Bull is easy.

Thanks. Would be interesting to know if Tesla has this. The only relevant quote I ca see from them is "As a general matter, we do not maintain as much insurance coverage as many other companies do, and in some cases, we do not maintain any at all."

The IPO prospectus said; "As a public company, we also expect that it may be more difficult and more expensive for us to obtain director and officer liability insurance, and we may be required to accept reduced policy limits and coverage or incur substantially higher costs to obtain the same or similar coverage. As a result, it may be more difficult for us to attract and retain qualified individuals to serve on our board of directors or as our executive officers."

A more current and relevant statement in the February 10 K may be:

"The automobile industry in particular experiences significant product liability claims and we face inherent risk of exposure to claims in the event our vehicles do not perform as expected. As is true for other automakers, our cars have been involved and we expect in the future will be involved in crashes resulting in death or personal injury, and such crashes where autopilot is engaged are the subject of significant public attention. We have experienced and we expect to continue to face claims related to misuse or failures of new technologies that we are pioneering, including autopilot in our vehicles. Moreover, as our solar energy systems and energy storage products generate and store electricity, they have the potential to cause injury to people or property. A successful product liability claim against us could require us to pay a substantial monetary award. Our risks in this area are particularly pronounced given the relatively limited number of vehicles and energy storage products delivered to date and limited field experience of our products. Moreover, a product liability claim could generate substantial negative publicity about our products and business and could have material adverse effect on our brand, business, prospects and operating results. In most jurisdictions, we generally self-insure against the risk of product liability claims for vehicle exposure, meaning that any product liability claims will likely have to be paid from company funds, not by insurance."

Proof of negligence is not required in a product liability action, just proof of a defect (and proximate cause and damages).

If all I read were the headlines on Yahoo finance, I would be TSLA short too. Nothing but negatively spun garbage intentionally designed to drive the SP down by making Tesla sound terrible and like failure is inevitable. If you keep up on solar roof, battery backup, Semi progress, and what the other automakers are doing in the ICE and EV world by reading sites like Electek (in other words if you are actually informed), then being a TSLA Bull is easy.

yes, the intensity and frequency of efforts to color public opinion are so high and so widespread, that,

if you are not actively seeking independent information on Tesla and thinking for yourself, you are not uninformed about Tesla, you are misinformed about Tesla.

Investing in this company sucks.

This stock is trash.

We'll see $190 again soon. Endless shitstorm just doesn't end.

God I'm tired of being involved with this crap...but yet...I don't sell. Ugh.

I agree that being a bull in TSLA is not always easy. However, if I were convinced I could get TSLA for $190 I would sell now and reenter then. Nothing stopping you but you.

I am not selling now but disagree with @rdalcanto when he states that being a bull is easy. IMO, it ain't.

Status
Not open for further replies.