Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
New Tesla has popped many times before an ER only to be decimated afterwards, pre ER movements in the hours prior have never been an indicator in my experience. I'm still hopeful, but I've sold the last of my September calls on this pop. Hoping to regret it in a few hours.

With the FUD in overdrive last few weeks, most weak longs are already gone. What's left are people who can see through the FUD and therefore unlikely to sell after the ER even if there were short term bad news. On the other hand the 40M shorts have to be extreme nervous at this point. I think the squeeze is going to start soon (if not already.)

Obvious capping at $305 for about half an hour at 2pm ET. Volume up. Someone knows something and someone else doesn't want to hear it.

Is it ever because "somebody knows something" though? We seem to say it all the time, but it never seems to be the case. Possible I'm just not remembering a good example of this happening, though.

With the FUD in overdrive last few weeks, most weak longs are already gone. What's left are people who can see through the FUD and therefore unlikely to sell after the ER even if there were short term bad news. On the other hand the 40M shorts have to be extreme nervous at this point. I think the squeeze is going to start soon (if not already.)

Most shorts are not nervous. They are just dumb.

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 3.19.53 PM.png My hopes on ramp still goes back to the VIN assignments.
Solid April.
3 days remaining for this week, and we already exceeded last week.

Why? Elon said they won't need to raise money, so why should the stock price matter?

Instead of making long-term deals, don't you think the best thing for Tesla would be to just focus on executing?

The short nightmare is if Tesla can get to Model 3 production to 10k/week without a capital raise.

How quaint.. you must be new here. Elon will say something like.. We do not NEED to raise money this year. But then he will deliver 5k/w and the stock will pop and then he will go raise money. Then someone joker of the phone will say, why did you raise money when you said you didnt NEED to? He will say, I didnt NEED to, but we want to expand the business at a very high rate and we need capital to do that.

You see, Tesla is trying to compete with a dozen companies and the oil industry and they all want his company dead. So on occasion they need to shape the message but at the end of the day, they will always be looking to aggressive expand. But only under the best circumstances for Tesla, because they are smart like that.

Tesla could get to 10k/w with no cap raise but they wont, they will be looking beyond the 3 at 5k/w.

Let's not count the chicks before they hatch ;)
I'm not counting them until they're battered and fried sitting on my plate.

I might crack a few eggs early to buy a Model 3 though.
If Tesla was in a bad place, they would have postponed earnings to 5/9 to give them more time to ramp the 3 IMO. The fact that they are doing earnings on 5/2 rather than 5/9 is a good sign IMO. Not an advice.
Last year was on May 3rd and it went down 5% the next day. I'm hoping it doesn't repeat but it's just completely random, both the news, and how the market may react to certain news

Status
Not open for further replies.