Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting, I can't find a dictionary with a quick google that has this meaning in it, but the term has been in use since the advent of jet engines to refer to the process of getting the jet turbine moving fast enough for compression and combustion to take over. I've also heard it used in relation to what used to be called "turbo lag" in early turbocharged cars, where you'd put your foot down on the accelerator but not much would happen for a second or so, as the turbine "spooled up".

See also Print Spooler. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd162871(v=vs.85).aspx

Grandpa Simpson (mostly conjecture from reading cereal boxes) says:
Spoolers comes from yarn/ string, used with spinning wheel to wind the new thread on the spool. So engine winding up can become engine spooling up. The sections of a jet engine are called spools (likely due to the shape, wide at compressor/ fan, small at combustion, wide at turbine) so spooling up means getting your spools moving.

But more importantly, what's the deal with the dip?

• Informative
Reactions: immunogold
See also Print Spooler. https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd162871(v=vs.85).aspx

Grandpa Simpson (mostly conjecture from reading cereal boxes) says:
Spoolers comes from yarn/ string, used with spinning wheel to wind the new thread on the spool. So engine winding up can become engine spooling up. The sections of a jet engine are called spools (likely due to the shape, wide at compressor/ fan, small at combustion, wide at turbine) so spooling up means getting your spools moving.

But more importantly, what's the deal with the dip?

I also concur on the usage of spooling for printing, it was certainly the term used on old main-frame systems.

The dip, I think it's a combination of the trade-war, especially with the mention of "Electric cars" in China's push-back, the "sabotage" story creating doubt on the 5k figure being achieved and a short-attack magnifying the effect.

No?

I also concur on the usage of spooling for printing, it was certainly the term used on old main-frame systems.

The dip, I think it's a combination of the trade-war, especially with the mention of "Electric cars" in China's push-back, the "sabotage" story creating doubt on the 5k figure being achieved and a short-attack magnifying the effect.

No?

I agree, it’s the combination of all three that’s creating havoc right now. Although there hasn’t been an official implementation of the 10% tariff on $200 billion of Chinese goods, it will be an overhang on the market until both sides decide to get serious about their negotiations. If China retaliates then there will be even more risk and uncertainties.

Although the sabatage was described as “extensive”, and appears to put the 5k number in jeopardy for Q2, it’s quite possible they’ll still be able to achieve that number mid July; however, not guaranteed. The situation here appears to be “day to day”, until Elon can confirm that the coding issue has been rectified. I am quite annoyed that extrinsic variables such as these seems to keep plaguing us. This was completely not Tesla’s fault, but this one really stinks.

• Informative
Reactions: Drax7
Yes, but if we drop below $352,00 we are going down even further fast. Buckle up.

Perhaps, but people can only keep selling what they do or don't have for so long, people can buy for much longer (global money supply is larger than global TSLA supply). The drop was steep, but the bottom? is flattish, could look good for getting in, guess we'll see in a few hours.

Remember as a long ....you will have to really expand the chart to see these kind of dips.
The chart has only one general direction and it aint down.

Good point on charts, the auto zoom in makes thing look worst than they may be. We are basically back at Thursday of last week.

Expecting this July to treat us better than 2017....

Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.