Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, there are two ways to interpret the video:
1) If that's the line, needed to reach 5k/week - we're doomed.
2) If that's the line, adding new capacity, AFTER they reached 5k/week - we're close to paradise.

What is it?

(anyone want to do a poll?)
or a 3rd option, let Elon and his people take care of business, and we'll all be fine.

2) If that's the line, adding new capacity, AFTER they reached 5k/week - we're close to paradise.

What is it?

or:
3) a functional assembly line that was engineered to double as a template for rapid replication in the new Shanghai plant with a goal of manufacturing M3's in China before the end of Q4 2018

Not exactly Alien dreadnought

Do we know when that video was taken?

It does not look like they are in production at that point in time and that does not fit to Elons massage from last night too.

If I look how long the structure is I have to say it is way shorter than the pictures I have seen from above likely from satellite. That would be proof that the video has been taken a while ago.

If its taken a week ago and just now posted the shorts would create a wrong impression where they are today.

To add to this there is a full load of new videos emerging as we speak. They all look like they have been taken at different stages of building that new structure. https://twitter.com/IspyTsla/with_replies

Last edited:
Reactions: wipster

What is it?

Elon's tweet said this:

"Needed another general assembly line to reach 5k/week Model 3 production. A new building was impossible, so we built a giant tent in 2 weeks. Tesla team kfa!! Gah, love them so much
2665.png
1f698.png
1f4ab.png
"

• Love
Reactions: wipster
That won't let us speculate where stock is going. :(
It's going up big time within about 3 weeks or so because Elon said so. Good enough for me.

And when the shorts positions explode on them, the fact that I bought 1500 shares yesterday instead of waiting until today will be long forgotten.

It does not look like they are in production at that point in time and that does not fit to Elons massage from last night too.

If I look how long the structure is I have to say it is way shorter than the pictures I have seen from above likely from satellite. That would be proof that the video has been taken a while ago.

If its taken a week ago and just now posted the shorts would create a wrong impression where they are today.

To add to this there is a full load of new videos emerging as we speak. They all look like they have been taken at different stages of building that new structure. https://twitter.com/IspyTsla/with_replies
thats kinda the point of the shorts. Elon is lying, simple as that.

Yes, it is true, that that video might be taken, when the line was not yet in operation.

Now we know the 3rd line is actually in operation. I think this is what's behind the short squeeze prediction - with a third final assembly line they can probably reach around 7k/wk fairly quickly.

According to the manufacturer these tents should last at least 50 years for the frame, 25 for the material. They aren't just temporary.
The sprung sight also mentions the option of lease to own on the structures. This would be supper useful from a cash flow standpoint. Sounds like they used existing spares for a lot of the line as well. This line might be supper cash flow efficient.

Reactions: madodel
Status
Not open for further replies.