Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ihor Dusaniwsky says short interest is now at $12.9B, which works out to 37.1M shares ($12.9B/$347.51).

This is up from 36.8M shares in his report on Tuesday (6/20).

He also notes there was $100M in new shorting today, which undoubtedly contributed to the SP decline today.

Ihor Dusaniwsky‏ @ihors3 1h1 hour ago
$TSLA shorts are up $524 million in mark-to-market profits today on a down 4.1% trading day. @tesla shorts cut 22% off their year-to-date losses and the $12.9 billion of shorts are down "only" $1.83 billion for the year. There was over $100 million of new short selling today.

DgPZe3PXkAA-C5m.jpg

According to the site linked below, shares available to short at IB dropped 260,000 overnight. Looks like the short attack may be continuing this morning .... Will be interesting to see if it sticks.

IBorrow Desk

Discounting going on regarding production line 3, and sabotage, and the implication
These two issues will have on reaching 5000 units per week by late June. Until we get an
Update I presume the discounting may ensue.

I disagree. The drop today is market wide. Not every fall in SP has to do with short selling activity (it can be enhanced by it, but I think the shorts are given too much credit from time to time with regards to their influence on the stock price).

We are range bound around 330-370 until either we get bad news or good news. Within these bounds, the market sentiment can take us anywhere.

TLDR: We can reach 370 again next week if the NASDAQ recovers. Confirmation of 5000/week will send us higher than 370.

I disagree. The drop today is market wide. Not every fall in SP has to do with short selling activity (it can be enhanced by it, but I think the shorts are given too much credit from time to time with regards to their influence on the stock price).

We are range bound around 330-370 until either we get bad news or good news. Within these bounds, the market sentiment can take us anywhere.

TLDR: We can reach 370 again next week if the NASDAQ recovers. Confirmation of 5000/week will send us higher than 370.

the nasdaq dropped maybe ~1.5% in last couple days... 6/20 afternoon to now.
tsla 7.5% since then

shorts in control, for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.