Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like rotation out of the tech sector this week. Effect on TSLA is of course amplified. I nibbled a little bit today. We have dropped 10.7% from the local high on 6/18. I'm not planning to add anymore for now. If we drop to $318, that would be a 14.7% drop from 6/18. That's a pretty typical dip for TSLA, so I wouldn't be surprised in the least to see that. I think the overall market performance is likely to be a big factor in where this dip ends. For some reason, these EOQ rotations keep catching me by surprise even though they seem pretty predictable when the market is way up.

Looked back at the daily chart for 2013, when we had the big run up similar to the last few weeks. I can't post the chart right now, but a correction in late May/early June 2013 has a pretty similar appearance to now. The stock pulled back 23% before gradually rising again. Notably, the bottom on that dip looks like it coincided with the lower trendline.

As far as I can tell the sabotage didn't really affect production. The minor fire in the BIW area stopped production for a few hours according to Elon's email (not a huge deal), and the modification to the manufacturing computer system would have been fixable quickly I think. It's not like all of the robots were banging into each other. I would say the impact of the sabotage on production was less than 200 cars for the entire quarter.

As far as I can tell the sabotage didn't really affect production. The minor fire in the BIW area stopped production for a few hours according to Elon's email (not a huge deal), and the modification to the manufacturing computer system would have been fixable quickly I think. It's not like all of the robots were banging into each other. I would say the impact of the sabotage on production was less than 200 cars for the entire quarter.

Yup. This is the primary company-specific risk I see for the near-term, and it does not seem to have materialized despite intense efforts.

You do realize there's no difference between averaging up and averaging down? You get the same average.

Actually, there is a difference for my situation: I sold all my position at $355. I bought back lower at $350, $346.50, $343, $334 while the stock was going down. Now if the stock went back up, yeah, technically it would now make no difference if I bought the same at $343, $346.50, and $350.

• Disagree
Reactions: Drax7
That information has been available for quite some time. Interesting that he is issuing another "cautious" note now.

The information has been available, but if its true that they are shifting costs from auto GM to service GM (which i have stated before), then it significantly affects the bull thesis that auto GM are "25%+" for S and X and "~20%" for the 3

• Disagree
Reactions: ValueAnalyst
Did anybody see NASDAQ trading a similar pattern currently?

Quite a lot of one minute candles share the same low of $7203.

Attachments

• 2018-06-22 - NASDAQ - OneMinuteChart - same lows.jpg
    2018-06-22 - NASDAQ - OneMinuteChart - same lows.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: neroden
Status
Not open for further replies.