Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Put order in for 100 more at 350

Won’t fill

Filled at 353:)

That's not 350! You cheated!

FOMO got me a little

Should've waited :-D

I had an order in pre-market for $350 and it wasn't getting filled. Decided to put in an order for $349.75 during regular market hours and it got filled. Thought I had a good deal until later on the day, TSLA started to slip negative. Well, at least I repurchased all the shares below $355 when I sold. Lowest I bought was at $326. Now to wait for the excitement to happen in the coming days/weeks/months.

As @jhm discussed, I think this consolidation is helpful going into the deliveries announcement. Expectations do not appear to be very high as judged by the stock movement. The news can turn negative following the deliveries announcement, but the stock likely wouldn't fall far, if at all. That would not be the case if we had run up higher. There is the possibility of a positive surprise for the market next week, but it seems unlikely to me that it will be something really dramatic. Then again, things we already know or suspect could actually be very surprising for the general market. I added a bit more today simply because I believe we are within days of a strong climb. I'm definitely saving some powder, but I'm not assuming another dip.

This relates to a story I can tell about my experience, and helps explain a lot. There are often programs like the one I witnessed “Helmets to Hardhats” that put military into construction, but what they end up doing is stuffing all the headcases into those programs because most the regular folks end up finding their own post-military work I presume. I was working building some new Google office space when one “helmets to headcases” guy went postal on me. It happened so fast I didn’t even know it was happening before two younger ex-servicemen stopped him from physically accosting me, holding this rabid headcase back from physically getting at me! When I looked up, it took a while for me to process what was even going on. These wackos really do exist in ways hard for us regular folk to imagine! Maybe the training to spot PTSD made it to the other two younger servicemen that helped stop him from attacking me. I swiftly left the area and had dispatch send me elsewhere, which seemed to do the trick.

It makes me wonder if what @RobStark said is correct: is it possible to spot the signs early? Now that I experienced that, I can have my antenna out for some of the stuff, but that one guy snapped superweird fast and as a great surprise to me. But theoretically, trained bosses who have to manage that can successfully manage it. I’d love to know some of the techniques, just in case it happens again.
That reminds me of a time I was talking with some big Air Force guys at a party, there was drinking and they were not so subtly hitting on my gf and I was no so subtly explaining why they wouldn't have a chance. I didn't notice their faces getting red and angry and their fists balling up, but two of my friends who had noticed it from the other side of the room and they came up to me really fast. I almost started introducing them before I realized what was about to happen, it just didn't occur to me coming from "civilian" life that they would cross the line into physical violence or that they could get that angry that fast. Fortunately my two friends were about their size too and the Air Force guys backed off.
Also re-iterated those comments 12 days ago.
View attachment 313352

The 4th is about 3 weeks from then. Would be an excellent time to plant the flag as the pre-eminent American car/energy company and announce the China deal. That would be a pretty strong statement about current events/international relations too.

Re: earlier post about selling the SC network for $3B . . .

This would be the worst idea on the planet for survival of Tesla. It’s one if not the biggest advantage of any EV mfg. Currently no other EV can travel more than their range without HOURS of recharging- if they are working!!

I’ve only used about a dozen of SCs since being a Tesla owner but it’s GREAT!!

This would be the worst idea on the planet for survival of Tesla. It’s one if not the biggest advantage of any EV mfg. Currently no other EV can travel more than their range without HOURS of recharging- if they are working!!

Agree although I think the post was more about the worth of the SC network.

I just drove to Chicago and back with a quick SC stop.

That trip is impossible with any other BEV today or for the next few years.

They would have to be extremely desperate to even consider parting with what is one of their major assets and one of the smartest investments Tesla has ever made IMHO. Wonder what the value is on the corporate balance sheet? Undervalued I bet...

Reactions: jhm and Dennisj00
The attacks on Tesla in the media the last 24 hours, were out of control.

It's almost comical to see how incredibly obvious it is what's going on.
It is not only obvious to us on this thread, I am impressed how often I hear random strangers, looking at my car, say to me "Of course, the bad press is due to the people who are threatened by Tesla!"

Gotta mean 5K... doesn't it?
Hmm, he is really cocky about it the day before end of quarter. I think it means more than 5K. I'm just not convinced 5K causes a big burn, which is why I think there is more to it. I mean, the market kinda expects about 4K at this point, doesn't it? Perhaps 5K now, 6K by end of July, 10K confirmed by end of year?

Hmm, he is really cocky about it the day before end of quarter. I think it means more than 5K. I'm just not convinced 5K causes a big burn, which is why I think there is more to it. I mean, the market kinda expects about 4K at this point, doesn't it? Perhaps 5K now, 6K by end of July, 10K confirmed by end of year?

Elon’s recent attacks on twitter toward shorts are at least half of the reason I bought back in today. If I’m wrong and it ends up being a sizzle, my bad I guess. I’m willing to take that bet.

I agree there is likely more going on than potentially 5k/wk. my best guess is energy related but i really don’t know. The way he directly responded to Goldmans low prediction makes me think it’s related to short burn too, though. I mean news of 5k/wk would make me happy, but disappointed that it wasn’t something more.

Status
Not open for further replies.