Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, you’re wrong.

It was NOT optimism that made him do that. He EXPECTED both Tesla and SpaceX to fail. Why he did them was because he felt it was important to humanity. The reason why he poured every cent into them in 2008 is because he NEVER gives up. EVER.

You don’t know the man at all.

Further, people do not verge on a nervous breakdown at the time of their optimism.
He knew if he only funded one the other would fail. If he funded both, both could fail.

One of the reasons I support Tesla in my own small way is the personal cost it has taken...

Elon Musk has just given an indecent proposal to all TSLA investors:

Would you join to exclusive club on long exciting ride (from 70B to 650 B)? If you find disturbing that we will have additional big stockholder, feel free to join buyout. Be aware, it will be only one stop on The Voting Day, before we continue our ride.

Tesla Board, of course, is discussing now with all important investors, if the proposal have super majority. If not, "The investor" will start buying stock on the market. We are talking about 70B deal and shorts, FUDs, trolls, tweets, mood, forums, etc doesn’t matter.

"Shortly", my way or highway.

Not an objective view , just mine;)

Last edited:
It's already complicated, he's aware, and working on it—the problem of conversion. Source of funds a non-problem, so let's all drop it before GGR steps in.

Actually this conversation just caused a thought to pop into my head. (Please refrain from the obvious comebacks.)

Elon said Model 3 was a bet the farm event. What if this secured funding was one of his typical backup plans should Model 3 fail to launch in the manner it needed to and thus to save Tesla. But now that M3 ramp is in profit territory he proposed to the money that they invest via a private Tesla? That would be pure genius and so up his alley.

Elon Musk has just given an indecent proposal to all TSLA investors:

Would you join to exclusive club on long exciting ride (from 70B to 650 B)? If you find disturbing that we will have additional big stockholder, feel free to join buyout. Be aware, it will be only one stop on The Voting Day, before we continue our ride.

Tesla Board, of course, is discussing now with all important investor, if the proposal have super majority. If not, "The investor" will start buying stock on the market. We are talking about 70B deal and shorts, FUDs, trolls, tweets, mood, forums, etc doesn’t matter.

"Shortly", my way or highway.

Not an objective view , just mine;)

This reminds me of
Train (Hyperloop) of Consequences by Megadeth
As sung to the shorts...

Elon said Model 3 was a bet the farm event.

Didn't he recently call it the last bet the farm event?
Reminds me of his message post the 3rd Falcon 1 failure.
Elon Musk: "I Will Never Give Up" After Falcon 1 Loss - Universe Today
As a precautionary measure to guard against the possibility of flight 3 not reaching orbit, SpaceX recently accepted a significant investment. Combined with our existing cash reserves, that ensures we will have more than sufficient funding on hand to continue launching Falcon 1 and develop Falcon 9 and Dragon. There should be absolutely zero question that SpaceX will prevail in reaching orbit and demonstrating reliable space transport. For my part, I will never give up and I mean never.

Reactions: Lessmog and wipster
Knew I would be criticized. My net worth falls short to be an accredited investor. Still support Elon's mission and appreciate the help from this community. Hopefully there will be a pathway so that my 629 shares can make to the otherside(privatization).

I am also a little "short" on net worth...OK maybe a lot short...but also hope to make it to the other side as a shareholder.
If it is not to be I will still give rides in my Model S and be as much of a evangelical a messenger as I am today.

I can't believe that we have been letting such riff raff on this site.
Couldn't you at least pretend to be a multimillionaire ?

Why someone would like to get like 10% ownership with 420, when he can get 10% ownership with 355 from stock markets? E.g. Saudis got 3-5% from open market without major stock move.
Yeah, I'm wondering this myself. While there is opportunity to get in for less, why not? Any major investor looking at the situation could just buy their share on the open market now. Investors are still being lined up, but it seems like that should be a significant upward pressure on the stock while it remains below $420. Why not?

Reactions: Matias
When Buffet invested in Byd it was far from established, too. Emobility seems to be of big interest for Buffet. He is also invested in a railway comp... In the long term probably in competition with the Semi in one way or the other....

He invested in BYD on the advice of the guy who was expected to take over, then fired him for not revealing an interest in an investment. Now one of his sons is the heir apparent. Also, his son may be more tech tolerant. We don't know.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden and Lessmog
1. Because you don't get 10% ownership at the stock market for 355$. If you start buying and depending how you do it it will go up rapidly.
2. In a private scenario invited from EM to join you may get benefits you cannot get with todays listed stocks
3. Today you cannot evaluate as a larger investors how the agreement will look like going private so if you just buy from the market you do it w/o being able to compare both deals. Thats a bad idea.

Why do you think SA did ask EM for a stack first which he did not react on and as a fall back position had to buy the 3-5% in the open market?
Not 10% but 3-5%. If I were a potential larger investor, I would pose the question to Elon, why not just get in for less now? Perhaps there are some benefits they will get by paying more at the $420 buyout price. For smaller investors who do want in, it still makes good sense to buy now in the $350s, but it is probably prudent to wait for more information right now.

1. Because you don't get 10% ownership at the stock market for 355$. If you start buying and depending how you do it it will go up rapidly.
2. In a private scenario invited from EM to join you may get benefits you cannot get with todays listed stocks
3. Today you cannot evaluate as a larger investors how the agreement will look like going private so if you just buy from the market you do it w/o being able to compare both deals. Thats a bad idea.

Why do you think SA did ask EM for a stack first which he did not react on and as a fall back position had to buy the 3-5% in the open market?
Even so, it's looking like the Saudi Fund got a pretty good deal buying on the open market, assuming the $420 buyout occurs.

Yeah, I'm wondering this myself. While there is opportunity to get in for less, why not? Any major investor looking at the situation could just buy their share on the open market now. Investors are still being lined up, but it seems like that should be a significant upward pressure on the stock while it remains below $420. Why not?

Theoretical:
Watching volumes and movement, it seems like there is massive support on the dips. So accumulating via limit orders, not market. This stops selling activity from dropping the price appreciably and saves the volume for when there are selling spikes like Friday afternoon or most mornings...

They are willing to buy at 420, but happy to acquire lower. Driving the price up would be unhelpful in that the buyout price would not be as attractive (and signal support for the conversion). Instead, they are supporting the stock price, accumulating at a discount, and soaking up as much weak holdings and short activity as possible.

Just speculation and guessing. It's a possibility so worth discussing.

Owning publicly traded companies is less risky because of government oversight (though too lax IMO). Accredited investors with high net worth and/or income can afford more speculation typical of privatization. IMO, and many others here—all?— TSLAP is a strong idea.

Theoretical:
Watching volumes and movement, it seems like there is massive support on the dips. So accumulating via limit orders, not market. This stops selling activity from dropping the price appreciably and saves the volume for when there are selling spikes like Friday afternoon or most mornings...

They are willing to buy at 420, but happy to acquire lower. Driving the price up would be unhelpful in that the buyout price would not be as attractive (and signal support for the conversion). Instead, they are supporting the stock price, accumulating at a discount, and soaking up as much weak holdings and short activity as possible.

In short... it's in everyone (on Team Tesla's side)'s best interest to make the shorts think that a deal isn't going to happen? To be as vague and ambiguous and slow to clarify things as possible, and make things look like an unplanned out-of-the-blue "there goes Crazy Elon tweeting again" moment, to the degree that the law allows?

If so.. mission freaking accomplished ;)

So, would that mean the stock just trades sideways for a while until things resolves themselves a bit more--i..e funding is clarified?

Status
Not open for further replies.