Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What matters with any company is fundamentals , production improving nicely, should have very good upcoming quarters. I think short sellers will be in panic ,their thesis is crumbling, up until this point they were highly convinced on their convictions, now they are doubting it, they will fight hard with FUD but ultimately they will loose.

Reactions: wipster and gene
From madodel : From what I read recently the rule only applies to US investors, so maybe the ability to buy private shares is governed by the locality. My daughter now has a few shares in her Fidelity acct but she is living in Germany. Since the Fidelity acct is US based and she is a US citizen I'm guessing US law will apply and she will have to sell. She'll have to invest vicariously through me I guess..
I have no idea what the law says, but I can't see why the inability to purchase would also mean a compulsory sale. I would suspect if you already own the stock, they can't take it away from you. But again I don't actually know anything.

Reactions: neroden and wipster
Well, if the (informal) allegations are true, that short seller Jim Chanos actively tried/tries to bring about Tesla's downfall, then there would be some justice in him losing everything he has to back up his attempt. If on the other hand a clueless opportunist like Linette Lopez was duped by his performance and decided to tag along, then I agree. However, an experienced investor like Chanos surely has multiple tricks left to play, so I expect him to be the last one to lose out.

Maybe, but I’m ok with them getting getting away with only the really bad losses they already have. Worth it to have Tesla go private and not have to deal with as much manipulation anymore.

Reactions: wipster
Does Musk sometime tweet impetuously?

Yes.

Were his $420 offer consideration tweets impetuous?

Of course not. A team of lawyers blessed every word.

Don’t be taken in by the FUD. Its now at fever pitch.

Musk is iconoclastic, but this is not his first rodeo. He has embarked on a hugely important transaction, and all signs I see suggest a very serious strategy and execution, disguised with the informality of Twitter.

A relatively small part of the legal army is dealing with SEC subpoenas (normal course) and lawsuits (also normal course). Most of the lawyers are working round the clock making the deal happen. If you could see the war room of these lawyers in action you would forever ignore non-issues like what “secured” means.

It seems market doesn't care about this anymore. I'm at a total loss. Market is up, TSLA is close to going down again. Soon we'll wipe out results of Q2 call. I'm starting to think Q3 won't matter either if things keep going like this.
That's just TSLA. It will go in one direction until the rubberband pulls too hard. That hasn't happened yet on this dip. It seems almost impossible to disrupt this pattern.

Reactions: immunogold
I do not feel that Elon did anything improper with his tweets, the SEC “investigation” will amount to nothing imo. I bought more shares that I’m now underwater on, that will change soon enough.

It would not have mattered how Elon explained the situation, maybe he could have said “financing LIKELY secured” but the FUD would be just as bad.

I agree with others that will miss being able to take advantage of the market to accumulate shares for “free” and if for some reason I can’t convert to TSLAP.

However, I can’t feel for those that had leaps. There is a reason the ROI is better, the RISK is higher including a going private situation. You signed up didn’t, own it. I had a couple leap positions in the 350 range that I sold almost immediately and converted to shares. I still lost 50% of my profit, oh well.

Looking forward to visiting Fremont delivery tomorrow with a friend to pick up his midel 3. I haven’t yet convinced him to let me drive it home though, may have to grab the key card and make a run for it.

Certainly understand your frustration. All the FUD is easily overwhelming. I do however think the fundamental story is stronger than ever. Look at production. Look at sales. Look at growth. I test drove a Performance Model 3 Tuesday. What an incredible machine. I think all this points to why Tesla really does need to be private...so they can focus on all the positives and not be drug down by shorts and day traders.

Dan

That's EXACTLY my point. We should be discussing anything other than trying to decipher every word of his tweets and the legal implications ... it's a distraction we don't need and it takes away from all the great things happening with this company.

Sorry but Elon's tweeting has been a disaster for the last 2 months .... I can't imagine people thinking otherwise ....

It definitely isn't for the faint of heart. I've been asked several times by different people how do you still believe? After this last spike coworkers were asking me why I held onto the stock with all the controversy and it dropping so low. I'll admit there were times I was nervous, but knowing how good the product is first hand and how badly people want it has always given me hope. Knowing what I know now, obviously I wish I had sold some at the high and rebuy now.

Reactions: madodel and wipster
That's EXACTLY my point. We should be discussing anything other than trying to decipher every word of his tweets and the legal implications ... it's a distraction we don't need and it takes away from all the great things happening with this company.

Sorry but Elon's tweeting has been a disaster for the last 2 months .... I can't imagine people thinking otherwise ....
Well, you very well may be right but it sort of comes with the territory. Doesn't make it the best strategy. Doesn't make it easy sometimes but, as my grandmother used to say, "With the wheat comes a little chaff". In the end it will all be ok I think...especially after driving that Model 3 Tuesday. Holy Hades I can't wait to get my car!

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.