Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this make any sense at all?

A reliable source told Electrek Fred..

And Fred decided to disclose unauthorized information to the public that was not confirmed nor denied by the only source that could do so - Tesla, Inc.

Shameful heresy and behavior only a Mark Spiegel would do.

I can’t decide whether it’s maliciousness or incompetence at work here.
You must mean hearsay. According to sorcerers accustomed to the cave.

@Zhelko Dimic

I disagree with your thesis that Tesla is using Fred.

This would be better suited for end of September.... NOT Monday after a Friday bombshell was dropped.

Tesla's PR team is extremely cautious.

Very good at responding and sharing what it can, but highly professional and honorable.

I think it would be wise of people to drop the idea that Tesla seeds stories privately. It doesn't play that way.

How does this make any sense at all?

A reliable source told Electrek Fred..

And Fred decided to disclose unauthorized information to the public that was not confirmed nor denied by the only source that could do so - Tesla, Inc.

Shameful heresy and behavior only a Mark Spiegel would do.

I can’t decide whether it’s maliciousness or incompetence at work here.

Interesting I get a disagree from @RobStark - highly appropriate for someone who knows all about screwing up their own house.

Even worse, TSLA_Hopeful is now one nut short of an assortment...

True or not, that's not a good thing to be taking confidential data and leaking it.

That is pretty much a reporter's job description.

Not to simply republish official press releases. And not cheer lead for a stock or company. Or an Administration.

His responsibility is to his readers not Tesla Inc.

It is ironic many called Electrek Tesla's unofficial news agency not that long ago.

skabooshka on Twitter
I believe that Tesla Model 3 production has been impaired for the last several weeks due to a severe supply chain disruption having to do with the shortage of Silicon Carbide MOSFETs supplied by STMicroelectronics out of their Malaysia plant.
If this is true I assume that this can fixed and production here can be temporarily increased to catch up with the backlog. Assuming GF1 is still pumping out batteries they will have a backlog of batteries. As soon as they get the new batch of MOSFETs they can increase the production to 6000-8000cars per week until they run out of batteries. So last week GA got to take some rest, they did some upgrades and once they get the MOSFETs it is back to the tent to clear up the battery backlog and Tesla will finish the quarter with 8000cars per week for one week. Then back to 6000 per week at the start of Q4 scaling up to 10k at the last week of Q4.

I tried to caution about this recently: Tesla's 50-55k guidance is conservative and possibly indicative of a known bottleneck.

My guess is that they are waiting for Panasonic to ramp up cell production at the Gigafactory.

Panasonic got burned by the Model 3 delays too, and Tesla didn't meet their contractually obligated purchases of cells. Panasonic apparently ate that loss, but probably created a hard target for Tesla to meet before they'd invest more capital into the Gigafactory. That target was met with the 5k week, but it's now a couple of months for Panasonic to ramp up.

So I think this is entirely expected and they'll be up to much higher rates in Q4.

Also recall that Panasonic indicated recently that it was ramping up production by the end of the year.

BREAKING: Panasonic To Increase Gigafactory Cell Production More Than 30% By End Of 2018 | CleanTechnica

Well guys, that was a day. And somehow we're all still alive. I'm used to always preparing for the worst as a shareholder of TSLA so when things turn out OK that's about as good an outcome as I can hope for!

Given everything and the big pre-market drop, several buckets of FUD, not too bad, really!

tweet.png

Can't find a news source for this at the moment, it's probably too fresh.

You are aware that every manufacturer of automobiles stores is inventory after manufacture in order to consolodate shipping right? Like you’re just posting pictures of what every car manufacturer does.

The vin registrations, dual to single, tell the story.
And you should be aware that the photo shows BMWs in that parking lot.

Hydrogen fuel cells are not efficient and you still need a battery pack. It just makes the whole system more complicated and unreliable; something that is not desirable for vehicles that travels 45,000-100,000 miles per year. Also it takes a huge amount of energy to extract hydrogen making it expensive; it cost about $80 to fill the tank of a Toyota Mirai with 312 mile range.

We took our M3 to the outer banks in July (951 miles) and w Supercharger stops each way was $14 and some change!

That was the laggard among the two utilities he owns. At the time the other utility was doing quite the opposite.

There was a rather quiet reorganization and NV Energy seems to be under the command of the guy running the other utility now...
Buffet bought nv energy ~2013, which was only 2 years before the massive roof top solar boom that had happened into 2016(and only accelerating before roof top solar decision).

He anticipated putting in his nat gas plants without a hitch, but roof top solar was moving very quickly credit to solarcity, sunrun, and others to change the equation on long capacity planning/decisions on such purchases.

The return on his multiple investments were becoming at risk very quickly.

He also began his campaign to change PURPA, which Tesla/solarcity where going to have momentum in taking advantage of.

Again, I think it was buffet who said you don’t invest in utilities for growth, but for profit.

Roof top solar and distributed energy resources had jump into disrupting this maxim real quick.

He nodded, the public utility commission acted very quickly.

In my opinion, Elon bought solarcity in reaction.

Also recall that Panasonic indicated recently that it was ramping up production by the end of the year.

BREAKING: Panasonic To Increase Gigafactory Cell Production More Than 30% By End Of 2018 | CleanTechnica

Yeah.

Also note that Fred @ Electrek characterizing the current projection of 49k units produced, when the Q3 target is 50-55k, is entirely factual and accurate.

I'm pretty certain Tesla will hit the guidance, somewhere in the middle of 50-55k, but right now they are apparently slightly behind.

Shorts are pretending surprise over Tesla's guidance which is 3,800-4,200/week sustained for Q3 (not 5,000/week sustained), but that guidance is like ancient, 1 month old news.

Status
Not open for further replies.