Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At 240 $ Elon will get a margin call ... He will need to sell his shares
I`ve just reported @Truthsetter to the SEC online. I think we have tolerated your nonsense @Mike117 enough over the past few days. Having a negative opinion or being green to TSLA and panicking over every drop is one thing, but spreading FUD like this *sugar* is unacceptable. If you continue to pull stuff like that you will be the next person I report.

Last edited:
Six figure losses and yes based on positions I took as prompted by Elon. Was laying low until then.

Bought some more at 260.

Know I have plenty of company. Sitting tight. Picking up my 3 end of month.

All this damage is real and self inflicted. This company has never been more viable or ahead of the competition and yet perception is that it is at deaths door. This is not cool.

Six figure losses and yes based on positions I took as prompted by Elon. Was laying low until then.

Bought some more at 260.

Know I have plenty of company. Sitting tight. Picking up my 3 end of month.

All this damage is real and self inflicted. This company has never been more viable or ahead of the competition and yet perception is that it is at deaths door. This is not cool.

I'm with you on jumping in due to the going private attempt.
Disagree that damage is real though. Only real if you need to sell. Otherwise, this is just 2017 again...

It will be intriguing to see what Ihor of S3 has to say about short interest after today :)
meanwhile, for your perusal, i find visual, for me, helps keep things in perspective, a visual perspective on market action.
(anybody have favorite indicators? would love a graph like napoleons march to Moscow and back for Tesla, with a positive outcome of course, 7 indicators)
(32.16 was Ihor a day or so ago)

upload_2018-9-7_10-7-47.png

If this is anything like the drop in March of this year as I suspect, we will be back up around $280 by this time next week.

The primary reasons the stock is down are: CAO who had been on the job one month has left. How bad can that be? And Elon takes a short smoke of a tobacco/weed combo, and drinks some whiskey during a non-corporate interview. The media who are backing the shorts are spinning all that as terrible shock/horror (I even just heard that interview literally described as "explosive"), but it's all inconsequential and scores well with certain consumer sectors - not conservative financial TV hosts, that's for sure.

The HR VP leaving is regrettable but there might be all sorts of internal reasoning for that, that aren't anything to do with Elon. (though... I have read the biography lol)

Stock plunged today 9% but is already up to a 6% loss after 40mins of trading.

Meanwhile - SpaceX continues with almost perfect execution, unconnected with all this, even though the media like to drop "going to Mars" into the discussion about Tesla. Tesla itself is delivering a huge number of very profitable cars this quarter, and I'm almost certain there will be minimal cash burn and a small profit. I think "production hell" is over, and Elon is able to relax a bit. Even though he appears stressed, the worst is over for the company.

I`ve just reported @Truthsetter to the SEC online. I think we have tolerated your nonsense @Mike117 enough over the past few days. Having a negative opinion or being green to TSLA and panicking over every drop is on thing, but spreading FUD like this *sugar* is unacceptable. If you continue to pull stuff like that you will be the next person I report.

Wow, reporting anonymous internet randoms to the SEC. I've seen it all now.
What would be more effective is tweeting Elon about Truthsetter. Elon would find out who Truthsetter works for and phone the company's president. Much more effective and efficient than a submission to the SEC that will likely not even be looked at.

What would be more effective is tweeting Elon about Truthsetter. Elon would find out who Truthsetter works for and phone the company's president. Much more effective and efficient than a submission to the SEC that will likely not even be looked at.
Not that I expect they can do anything about it, but I think this guy has really crossed a line.

Wow pretty cool...what's it all look like...not many can make that claim!

Musk has zero credibility right now with his tweets. Why do you think this is a good idea?

I think that after a bad start, TSLA will end in green.

Closing green would signal a washout occured which should set up a new rally. But I just don't how big a deal the Dave Morton thing is. He said he had no disagreements with Tesla's financial reporting but will it scare institutions? The stock price over the day will reflect how institutions are judging this news.

Status
Not open for further replies.