Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have no idea why market is trying so hard (it's cute, really) to keep the close below $300, but if we actually close above $300 does that initiate TSLA's movement upward?
We will need MANY closes above 300$, half a dozen probably in order that to become real support. It's a nice range to trade around though. Sell the 290$ put, sell the 305$ call. For a little while longer.

but seriously (okay, that WAS serious above) it could simply be that someone or someones are trying to ACCUMULATE at <$300 in small amounts over a longer period of time in order to be setup for what is expected to be a good quarter report

How are its panel gaps? ;)

Again, I can't comment about the Apple ecosytem as I use Android (and am extremely happy with it); I can only comment on objectively visible things (like the camera comparison). That said, I really don't see how the iPhone X is "a work of art". I mean, this comes across as a work of art to you?

wvntfdaqvmza9drnqoyg.jpg

Compared to this?
Sony-Xperia-XZ2-Premium-AH-NS-Review-1600x1067.jpg

iPhone X just looks.. dated. But I guess looks are more subjective than, say, photo comparisons.

But I understand where you're coming from about getting people hooked on an ecosystem. I do think Tesla has a lot further to go with its ecosystem - for example, their music selection options in the Model 3 are subpar at present. Which actually brings up something I was thinking about this morning... I hope that when people interact with Slacker Radio, that Tesla records the likes and dislikes so that they can collect the user data as well, rather than just Slacker collecting it. So if Tesla ever launches its own music streaming service, they'd already have their users' likes and dislikes onhand. :)

You have to hold the iPhone in you hand, it's really solid, beautifully put together. The new camera is very good, maybe not as good as some 'Droid phones, but below is a picture I took of one of my cats - already heavily cropped.

In Europe we have Spotify in the cars, which is good, because you can stream just about anything, but it doesn't remember the last thing you played or what you like, or anything, just keep putting the same Kanye West garbage, or whatever on the front screen, so yes, Tesla have a LOT of room for improvement there.

E02DADD1-5858-4565-A89E-FDD367914AF8.jpeg

In Europe we have Spotify in the cars, which is good, because you can stream just about anything, but it doesn't remember the last thing you played or what you like, or anything, just keep putting the same Kanye West garbage, or whatever on the front screen, so yes, Tesla have a LOT of room for improvement there.
View attachment 338103

It shows what you recently played at the bottom. And you can add albums and songs to your favorites. Good enough for me, and far superior to everything the competition has.

Reactions: aubreymcfato
Ford down 2%, gm down 3%.

Second day in a row all domestic mfgs down substantially and TSLA green.
It is easier to grow a small market share, than hold on to or protect a large market share - when sales may be going down overall and tariffs almost certainly are going UP internationally. china, as an example is GMs LARGEST market. Granted, majority built in country but still, it's an open risk at the moment as trade/tariff idiocy escalates.

I'd rather be in a Tesla (IN the car and the stock) than one of the domestic manufacturers.

But, s..t F does pay nearly 6.75% at this point (a little less than what Tesla junk debt pays). Not a bad place to park (pun intended) some $$$.

Kimbal talking Tesla again.....

Once again he is great with PR and Tesla should use that skill more often.

Kimbal has a more normal personality/brain type relative to Elon.

He is a smart guy, but closer to average.

He doesn't get angry/annoyed at implicitly negative questions.

He answers questions, but doesn't need to discuss the issue to the nth degree for clarity in his own mind.

Normal smart guy that can effectively communicate to normal smart investors.

It is easier to grow a small market share, than hold on to or protect a large market share - when sales may be going down overall and tariffs almost certainly are going UP internationally. china, as an example is GMs LARGEST market. Granted, majority built in country but still, it's an open risk at the moment as trade/tariff idiocy escalates.

I'd rather be in a Tesla (IN the car and the stock) than one of the domestic manufacturers.

But, s..t F does pay nearly 6.75% at this point (a little less than what Tesla junk debt pays). Not a bad place to park (pun intended) some $$$.

For sure.

Although I find it ironic out of all the news coming out against Tesla the past 30 days, the one thing that actually is and will significantly impact their bottom line is ignored (based on SP movement).

All this dumb stuff about pot on Joe Rogan and “where’d the solar roof go”, criticisms of build quality based on anecdote, and the endless stream of nonsensical garbage - and the only thing that matters is ignored.

Makes me think we’re reallllly suppressed atm.

Alternate lyrics I wrote in 2016. Funny the more things change....

It gets knocked down, but it goes up again
Shorts are never gonna keep it down

The shorts articulate, they can't prognosticate
See the plan's a bust, they say in gas we trust
We sing songs that remind us that it can improve
We sing songs that remind us that we better move
(Oh Elon Musk, Elon Musk, Elon Musk)

--refrain--

It gets knocked down, (we'll be buying)
but it goes up again (tossing the fud away)
You are never gonna keep it down (though you're trying)

the one thing that actually is and will significantly impact their bottom line is ignored (based on SP movement).

Well, the China tariffs have been known for a long time and Tesla guided that they can keep margins despite higher China tariffs.

The reason is that Tesla has a natural quasi-monopoly and can pass down tariffs to Chinese customers to a large degree - they cannot get Teslas from elsewhere for less money.

Demand would take a certain hit, and options mix might suffer - but it's a huge market barely tapped. Tesla can also shift sales to other markets - they are supply limited, not demand limited.

Other carmakers: not so much, they are building largely commodity products with little differentiation, so demand can shift to China local products much more easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.