Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TSLA Market Action: 2018 Investor Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed, and if the headlines actually said what you just quoted, it would be even less of a big deal... Instead they all say "Fraud" which sounds much worse.
I guess there is a very thin line between what is a fraud and what is not, when you are the CEO of a public company and you make a revenge full tweet(s) to burn the shorts. The fact is people have lost real money because of the tweet and if the intent of the tweet was to make people lose money, with a false statement, then it is not too imaginative to call it a fraud.

Wait, there was a settlement that SEC and Elon had already agreed on and then at the last second Elon changed his mind?

What in the goddamned seven hells is going on in Elon's head. Why not take the settlement and move on? What the hell is the point of doing this instead?

only thing I can think of is that it involved a short term suspension and Elon doesn't want to step away from Tesla rn so would rather try and settle later

Wait, there was a settlement that SEC and Elon had already agreed on and then at the last second Elon changed his mind?

Neither the part before "and" nor the part after it is what the WSJ article said. It did not say that there was a finalized agreement agreed to by Musk's lawyers, and it does not say that Elon just changed his mind: It said, and I quote:

The SEC had crafted a settlement with Mr. Musk—approved by the agency’s commissioners—that it was preparing to file Thursday morning when Mr. Musk’s lawyers called to tell the SEC lawyers in San Francisco that they were no longer interested in proceeding with the agreement, according to people familiar with the matter.

You can interpret that in several ways (Had Musk been working with the SEC in the crafting? Or was it just a "SEC agreement with Mr. Musk" that they had crafted on their own?). But the one way you can't interpret it is the way that you did - that Musk's lawyers were working on something and then Musk just changed his mind. That's literally the reverse of what it says.

I guess there is a very thin line between what is a fraud and what is not, when you are the CEO of a public company and you make a revenge full tweet(s) to burn the shorts. The fact is people have lost real money because of the tweet and if the intent of the tweet was to make people lose money, with a false statement, then it is not too imaginative to call it a fraud.

Which is exactly what he did NOT do. He was not trying to burn the shorts. He was trying to take the company private.

not banned, why?

Go away...

Not banned because there's no mods in this thread. Things you can do to help:

1) Track down a mod
2) Click "Report" and hope that someone's listening (I don't think anyone is)

Mod: Referenced post just deleted. Stepped away from the computer to fetch the sheets. Give me break. It would help for y'all to be nice mice since I will be in bed soon's the sheets cool out of the dryer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Which is exactly what he did NOT do. He was not trying to burn the shorts. He was trying to take the company private.
He has made tweets like short burn of the century, short shorts etc and everyone knows that he hates shorts. He also retweeted that Hitler video, after his tweet made the stock go up. So clearly the evidence is against him. It is up to him to prove that at that moment he had absolutely no malice in his mind when he made that tweet.

So, back to the question of suing the SEC

I understand we cannot sue SEC, but is there any legal recourse for the investors who believe that SEC is protecting the anti-investors here?
I’ll bet a lot of phone calls would be really annoying. Calling a congressperson to complain and remind them that taxpaying voters like Tesla and Elon.

The Wall Street Journal on Twitter

What the duck. This of all the things enrages me.

He should have just settled with SEC if he had that option instead of putting TSLA in play like this. Anyway you look at it, tweeting going private was not well advised.

How can you say that when you don't know the details of the proposed settlement?

Status
Not open for further replies.